• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrat Candidates for 2020 POTUS

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Breaking news....
Elizabeth Warren to be sandwiched by Cherokee and Pocahontas counties in Iowa trip
Dv6RPxfXQAASEE6.jpg

averageJOE

zombie
If I can speak on the optics and likability of a Warren campaign...

I foresee Elizabeth Warren running a very cliche ridden campaign full of eye rolling, audible sigh inducing photo ops. She already started in her "exploratory" video with segments of her past, followed by an Instagram video of her drinking a beer. Get ready for videos of her doing things like the "floss" dance with a bunch of middle schoolers, sitting in the kitchen of a single mom listening to her struggles, throwing a football, changing a diaper, posing with soldiers, holding the hand of a child with cancer... All with the hopes of trying to make herself look hip and down to earth so people can like and relate to her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I foresee Elizabeth Warren running a very cliche ridden campaign full of eye rolling, audible sigh inducing photo ops. She already started in her "exploratory" video with segments of her past, followed by an Instagram video of her drinking a beer. Get ready for videos of her doing things like the "floss" dance with a bunch of middle schoolers, sitting in the kitchen of a single mom listening to her struggles, throwing a football, changing a diaper, posing with soldiers, holding the hand of a child with cancer... All with the hopes of trying to make herself look hip and down to earth so people can like and relate to her.
I plan to do her a solid by not listening to any of her campaign.
(This keeps me from being more negative than I'd otherwise tend to be.)

Watchmen

Premium Member

So true.

Trump would wipe the floor with her. Biden vs Trump would be epic.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Better that then a campaign playing on people worst instincts riling up hate and bigotry.

ecco

Veteran Member

EW is 69; 70 in June; 71 at the 2020 elections; 71 1/2 by the inauguration; 79 at end of two terms.
EW is too old. Ditto Biden and Sanders.

Healthy and brain sharp at 69 does not equate to healthy and brain sharp at 75. Things deteriorate quickly after 70.

averageJOE

zombie
So true.

Trump would wipe the floor with her. Biden vs Trump would be epic.
I don't want to bring up candidates who haven't announced yet...but I have to bite on this one...

Biden LOLOLOL!!!!! The millionaire, corporate establishment democrat who was VP to they guy who caused people to flock to Trump in the first place???? Who is he going to inspire? He takes millions of dollars from big oil, big pharma, big banks. Establishment Democrats would love to have someone like him and/or Kamala Harris into the White House because they would gladly stay loyal to their corporate donors, not the people. Biden would be easiest person for Trump to beat. (That's all I'm going to say about him until he announces. If he announces.)

Warren has the attention of millenials and progressives. Although she has a lot of work to do to gain their trust, she is pushing issues that a majority of people are in favor for; Medicare for all, Green New Deal, living wage, etc.

averageJOE

zombie
You can listen to E.Warren take questions from reporters after her announcement. (She speaks in mostly platitudes, but in her defense it's because of how the questions were being asked) I think the most important part is 3:03 and she needs to hammer this all the way through the campaign and force everyone to talk about it.

Shad

Veteran Member
You can listen to E.Warren take questions from reporters after her announcement. (She speaks in mostly platitudes, but in her defense it's because of how the questions were being asked) I think the most important part is 3:03 and she needs to hammer this all the way through the campaign and force everyone to talk about it.

Part of her student loan issue was created by previous government actions. Also it is standard Dem pandering for the youth vote via bribery