• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Watchmen

Premium Member
I have about 5 different points and maybe even debates I wanted to bring up with this thread. However I cant verbally I don't think express myself so that it will all sound like a good debate so Id rather start keeping a journal about it.

So if anyone wants to respond anyways feel free to put your input. So the first thing I will talk about is sexism.
A couple of things that drive me mad about men.Men who put their lives or at leaste their finances at risk of being scammed by dating young hot women.

I'm aware that some of these young women who go for older men, may not kill and may not drain the mans pocket book of millions, I'm nott alking about women who just live off these guys and get spoiled.

I'm talking about Bruce Cleland and other older men I have seen their stories on Investigation Discovery because they got themselves killed.

The thing of it is Investigation Discovery I guess has to be kind and compassionet to victems who are related to the murder victim. SO therefore They have to say good things about them even though they were total *** holes in real life.

Bruce Cleland was apparently one of the top 100 richest men in AMerica like 10 or 15 years ago.He was 44 and was worth over a hundred million dollars.

He had never had sex or dated anyone and was shy. he met this lady who was 24, 20 years younger, geourgeous beauty who worked at a spice stand and was making descent money in sales. He emt her and fell for her.

SHe started spending his money, he gave her houses, 1 mansion over 2 million bucks in her name, millions in cars trips and jewlry. Give me a break his friends knew she was bad news and didn't confront the situation.

AT one point she stole over a hundred thousand dollars for a bunch of cosmetic surgery.

It was horrible. he found out about it and let her do it. The thing is he was so addicted to the idea of being married to a young beauty, hes insane, I mean the guy couldn't open his eyes to see he was being taken even after he found out she had stole that much money.

Its crazy, nutty, who, what guy would spend that much money to win a lady? She gave othe rpeople the creeps they sat there said nothing.
But still he was completely sexist, he just had to have his 24 year old Barbie doll. Of course she killed him for the money.

SHe got caught thank God, black widow in jail hopfully forever.

I just cant believe how sexists some men are, its as if he thought his money could buy him a beautiful woman geez!

ANyways got lots to say about dating tomarrow.
Interesting that you lay out all of HER actual crimes then throw HIM under the bus for allegedly being sexist.

Riders

So I have not weighed yet but I have 2 days of abstinence, 2 days of eating right. I had a cup of pork and beans with 2 weiners in it and 1 piece of banana cream pie yesterday and a 12-ounce coke. It was a lot of carbs but small servings.I plan on doing well today too.

Riders

I think Madonna has been given a bad rap by the media. She's been accused of blasphemy of the church because of her Like A Prayer cross scenes. I think of that song as being spiritual and for many of us, it was.

It was not blasphemous. She's been accused of using people to get to the top, well sorry but that seems like typical famous behavior. SHe's been accused of being flakey around religion. I saw guys who interviewed her and asked if what you said is true, you embrace all religions as good but you sent your daughter to a Catholic school that teaches only one religion is valid.

Sorry, it doesn't cut it with me, a lot of people in America are flakey including me when it comes to religion.

Riders

I a watching My 600 Pound Life. It's scary thinking of where I could be going. I have 3 days of abstinence. I really want to get my healthy low-fat eating back though. I know environmentalists say it's bad for you anyways but I think the low fat is better than the high fats.

Riders

Ok, I just got through watching Cindy's story on My 600 Pound life a hundred times. No, don't be ridiculous to think I am anywhere near as bad as her. She's a beanbag person:

A food addict who is so big she can't do anything but sit in her poopoo and watch her legs get dark-colored by poopoo and mushy from Lymphodema. I don't even have Lymphodema and I am only 3 and something hundred pounds which is way less than the 600 to 700 pounds Cindy is.

However, it could be a foretelling of my future if I don't get my crap together. I am getting up to walk tonight regardless of my wound. It's been nearly closed too long, I got to get up!

Riders

I just got off an OA meeting. They were talking about how much crap and processing is in our foods. Yea it's true. The tv show I watched was about animal agriculture and overfishing of the seas anything you eat outside of organic beans fruit and vegetables is crap.

It's true it is, for the most part, that most animals we eat have been over-farmed and abused. however, unlike them, I tend to believe some small farms and organic meat companies do not abuse and do not feed drugs to their animals.

I can not eat a vegan diet, though it's best I have to eat high protein for my wound which has not healed yet. I don't have the money to buy meats from a small farm but perhaps one day I will, I know of a farm that's not too far from my city that seems to be on the up and up. I might eventually go there.

But I have to take it 1 step at a time. Right now all I am doing is eating 3 small meals, yesterday I ate half a banana pie so I got off my abstinence. But if I stop bringing sweets into the house and start eating 3 small meals a day it's a start. It will help the environment too, if we were all eating 3 small servings of protein a day we would not even have the animal agriculture business we have.

By eating less you cut back on the animal product you have and it helps. But I'd like to get to where I could just eat on a vegan day a week, it's healthy and it cuts back on animal agriculture.

My vegan day would consist of those fresh pinto beans made from scratch, my Mom taught me how to cook them except she added fat to them. But if I did that without the fat and added some fat ree Picante sauce and spices to it and learn to make whole made cornbread without fat it would be delicious...yum but in the end, unless you are vegan all you can do for health is eat foods that are less unhealthy then others.

Yes, I know the show was right our fish and meat are full of diseases, but if you compare eating low-fat chicken breast or fish with eating dingdongs, the dingdongs are probably so full of chemicals they are not even real food, so low-fat fish and chicken still beat out the ding dongs. it's all crap but some of it is less crappy than others.

If you eat 3 small meals a day and you're contributing less to the terrible animal agriculture. I hope and pray someday I'll be able to buy off of small farms close to me.

Riders

So I weighed today. So I lost 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I binged for a week while I was sick with a throat infection. I imagine being sick kept me from gaining much. I was pretty sick. I am down to 300 yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a sample of what I am eating. I was eating my binge foods earlier last week, including 1 small piece of banana cream pie a day, but after my 3rd day of doing that, I ate the other half of the pie all in one day! So I am not bringing dessert products in but I do eat other kinds of snack foods.

Today I had 3 servings of potato salad made by the grocery store which equals, 570 calories altogether. Tonight I am having a lean cuisine dinner for 330 calories, so that adds up to 900, then I am having 2 cups of unsweet applesauce which is 100 calories then tonight I am having a can of coke.

So altogether it's 1150 calories for the day. I walked 3 minutes in 2 1 and a half minute increments. My sister controls my cokes and gives me 1 a day. Outside of that, I keep sweets out. It's lower in fat and low in calories. It's the best I can do for now, hopefully, I will try to eat less unhealthy crap eventually and eat healthier.

But counting calories and eating small portions goes a long way. I have a 4 pound weight loss in 2 weeks so.

Love my Joan Jett

Riders

Well the nurse came by and checked my wound it's just about all closed up and I've been taking my showers again. Yay! I walked 3 minutes yesterday and am walking 4 today in 2 2 minute walks.

I have already walked once. I ate pork and bean with weiners and bbq sauce which adds up to 600 calories ( not exact) and 2 cokes which are 300 and 2 apple sauces with are 100 calories so it's 1000 calories altogether. But it's not very healthy so I have my measuring spoons for natural peanut butter, it's 210 calories for 2 tablespoons and a piece of bread is 110, so that would make it somewhere around 1300.

So that's not a bad day but I need more vegetables. I might get some celery next week. Anyways it's not hard to count calories. It is hard to stick with it. I get cravings for chocolate and carbs. I am addicted to carbs. To me, a spiritual solution from OA seems sensible but I just don't believe it's right for everyone.

I support Atheists and Agnostics who want to be in the program and not change their religious views. But I don't deny they have all been well received like I have not been with my Universal God of different names. However, I believe other programs like Weigh Watchers and TOPS work too.

Riders

So I had a 24-hour virus yesterday But I'm better today. So I did research on youtube for eating disorders and I found one I had never heard of.

Orthorexia, you can google it. It's when someone who is involved with clean eating like Veganism or low carb eating becomes obsessed with it. they may overdo it and get malnutrition or anemia and they may exercise too much. Some of them have a superior attitude about their form of eating.

I think my oldest sister Kathy whom I live with is somewhat like that. She's down to 175, 30, or 40 pounds overweight, she uses different low card diets to try to lose her weight.

She's frustrated cause she can't get down to her normal weight. she use to weigh 225 pounds. She changes diets to a different keto diet sometimes when she can't lose weight. I don't know if she is orthorexic and she is obsessed.

Anyways I a putting this up, the other version of Crimson and Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.

Riders

So I started out walking this week sense my wound is almost closed and I'm over my throat infection. I am taking the day off but plan on walking 3 2 minute walks for 6 minutes altogether tomorrow.

I am planning to be walking around well enough and to go out into the garage and walk to one of the cars and to be able to walk to Kathy's house, so by July 4th, I'll be able to celebrate with my family hopefully.

After that, I plan on going to the United Methodist Church and Unity church. If I can visit those churches that'll be a start.

Who knows maybe I'll meet a guy. Do singles meet at church anymore?

I think sometimes people in OA can be fanatical about their food plan and have a superior attitude about their food plan, especially those who are on a low-carb diet. Some who have sworn off sugar and flour believe if you're not eating like them you can't be really abstinent.

Well, Ladida! Goodie for them, they think sugar and flour are evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well except for desert foods I eat whatever I want including sugar and flour and I am losing weight BWAHAHAH!

I like this

Riders

My ears hurt but not bad enough to be covid. I could be wrong but not taking a test yet. I did take 3 2 minute walks yesterday. I am going to walk for 3 minutes tomorrow. I am going to try and work up to 5 minutes in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Then by July 4th hopefully I will be able to walk to my sister's house for July 4th.

Hopefully, by the end of July, I will be able to attend church. I'd like to meet some singles this summer. Maybe in August, I might try to find a singles group. We shall see. I was off my food plan the past 2 days but back on it today. So I won't weigh in till next week.

Here's some early Michael Jackson

Riders

Well, I started out walking 3 minutes today. Got it done but it was so hard on me I almost couldn't do it. When I start over tomorrow. I will try for 2 and a half minutes instead. I need to walk more because I am still taking tiny steps that are slow. I want to walk around like normal. It's gonna take time but I gotta push myself to walk more every day.

Well, I had vanilla wafers leftover today and ate them. So I was still off my food plan. I don't want to see a weight gain so I'm going to wait another week to weigh. I'm going to order different foods I haven't eaten in a while this week like canned Sweet Sue's Chicken And Dumplings. I remember that being good. Feel free to offer me advice.

I am tired from that 3-minute walk so I am getting off the puter to sleep, night.

My favorite Rocky moment from Rocky 3 You Ain't So bad!"

Riders

I'm drinking diet a and w root beer now. I was on a food plan yesterday and ate fast food today. I hope I haven't gained 10 pounds from the days I took off my food plan this week. So I dropped y walking without my walker down to 2 and a half minutes and I still have a hard time with 2 and a half minutes.

But my legs seem to be getting stronger so that's good. I walked 5 minutes today which is 2 2 and a half minute walks. My goal was to walk for 7 and a half minutes but I intend to tomorrow. I am sick to my stomach and my legs and knees are hurting so I'm not pushing myself to do another 2 and a half minutes.

I ate way too much Long John Silvers and it was way way way too salty yuck! I feel like drowning myself in cold water.

Well, I am about to attend a meeting on the phone with Over Eaters Anonymous called the 100 pounders meeting. They have speakers who have lost or are in the process of losing 100 pounds or more, so I can associate with it.

Aerosmith!

Riders

So my sister says she wants me to walk with the walker for a while. I guess she thinks it's safer, I don't want to do it but I will if my sisters want me to. But I am frustrated because I am kucked up here in this apartment. I am only willing to keep my walker with me if my Sister Kathy will help me get out, and go to family functions with my walker. I want to go to church in the next couple of months.
I think if I lose down to 250 it's gonna be easier to be mobile without the walker. I have been off my food plan for several days. I don't want to see how much I have gained so I will wait to weigh. I have been craving sugar and sweets.

There's a new season of My 600 Pound Life coming in January, Dr. Nowzaradan is 78 years old, and I wonder if he will retire soon.

My wound reopened up and I think now there's another wound opening too.

Def Leppard

Riders

Well, my wound is still trying to heal up. I now have a big red spot next to it and it's burning and my legs and knees are painful so I still don't feel well. So I have not walked and I am still off my food plan. However the cake I got from the grocery store, I threw it away. But I am still off my plan by drinking big red and coke. I need to be back on the plan.

I am watching Escaping Polygamy have y'all seen it? Those girls and ladies hardly ever get any kind of education and have to try and get their GED after they escape and sometimes have to learn to read and write.

It reminds me of some of the sisters at my old Pentecostal church who got married at 16 and dropped out of school. Some of them can not read. They were very unhappy with me when I went to Cosmetology school. They liked it better when I worked in fast food, women in fast food are very submissive, it's a minimum wage job that doesn't require much intelligence.

They expected me to not be intelligent either. Anyways, it's a good series.

Riders

So my sister was going to the Presbyterian church with her husband but the rituals creeped her out and she doesn't like the fact that they Christen babies.

They are now visiting my Niece's great big Community church which is like the Baptist church. I know who they are they are the ones who have the Christianized version of AA. I know because, oh Overcomer's I think is the name of it, I know because they tried to get me to go to it. But they are much like the Baptist church, they used to praise and worship in their church and they hug all over the place.

The Baptist church is more the kind of church my sister K. likes, the kind she grew up in. I am the opposite, I do not get creeped out by rituals, and the lighting of candles that type of thing at the United Methodist Church, it's peaceful. But I'm not Christian but since they said I could go without converting as long as I don't try to join the church I may go there.

They don't hug much and no praise and worship and I appreciate the fact that they are quiet and not loud and emotional. They could come off as stuck up to my sisters but because of my Pentecostal past, I appreciate the quietness and the fact that I don't have to worry about people touching me.

Anyhow, I finally stayed on my food plan today. My skin has been burning the past few days, my nurses say I've got some bad red spots on me so I am trying to get rid of them. But getting rested while I am healing up. I was feeling pretty bad the past few days.

Riders

Well, I am exhausted. I have been eating less than 1400 calories the past 2 days which is good. I need to get up and clean tomorrow and walk if I can. Because of the burning skin around my wound, I haven't done much. I am so sleepy. I have a stomach virus again. I've had it on and off the past several months. I think I have GI issues I just can't get out and see anyone for it now. Anyways, I am gonna try to be healthier this week hopefully.

Riders

Well, at least my blood sugar came down. The day before yesterday it got up to 400 and something. She wanted me to call EMS I said no I felt fine. Last night I opened up a package from Amazon .

I forgot I had ordered it. I was on my food plan but opened up that box of sweets, coffee cakes with cinnamon on it yummy, and I gobbled them down all at once. It's like taking heroin for me as an overeater. However, I got back on my food plan today and had 1600 calories and my blood sugar went back down to 145 yay!!

Anyways, I just did not want to do anything today, not my OA program, not walking nothing.............I got on the computer and got into a social chat room. I did well with it as long as I don't get involved with romance or sex I do ok.

But I don't know if it's the healthiest place for me so I probably won't go back. I might go to the religious chatroom but not the social chats, they could become problematic.

Van Halen is my favorite Hard Rock group.

Last edited:

Riders

Well, I have involuntary leg movements which are very painful they were so bad this week that they kept me up in pain for 3 nights. So I think it could be something else it's painful but it's not every day. Usually, I get it once or twice a week. But I've been getting it more this week so hopefully,

I will get a break tonight. When I get it if I walk around my apartment once or twice, I can walk off the pain. But it didn't work as well this week so I ended up getting up over and over again. I walked a ton. The bad news is that I stepped on the scales yesterday and I have gained 7 pounds back, I am up to 307. I stayed on my food plan so hopefully, I can get it to start going back down again.

The good news is I have done so much walking I am sore all over but I think my walking is getting better. So I am hoping to get out of this apartment in the next couple of months.

So OA is still working for me, but I don't believe OA is for everybody. I'll write more later.

The Bangles