• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Riders

Another way of looking at I Love Lucy outside of Desi's alcoholism and sexual issues are thAt I Love Lucy was the first sitcom where both Man and Wife were stars and Lucy was in charge of a lot of things. So it actually went a long way toward women's rights in Hollywood.

Also, it went a long way towards racial equality and racial rights on tv! Lucy and Ricky were the first interracial couple on tv and Ricky were the first Cuban! If you notice Ricky was not way older than Lucy either and he was cute!!!!!!!!!!!But he as a big flirt even on the show so.

Riders

So the dietician was sent out today to talk to me about nutritional requirements for my wound. So no surgery it wasn't even brought up. She looked at my wound and said my vitamin c and Zinc is low. So I have to get some multivitamins with zinc and my sister is bringing over some vitamin c.

She wants me to add 1 or 2 fruits to my 2 unsweet applesauce cups a day, so that'll be 3 or 4 fruits a day, I'm getting a bag of oranges out here. She also says spinach would be good for me and more vegetables. She recommends the whole wheat for bread, low-fat meat 3 or 4 ounces a meal, and 2 cups of milk for my milk a day, she says low-fat whole wheat sandwiches from Subway are good.

So obviously the obesity surgery is off the table, especially with my body being low on vitamin c and zinc, and considering they have be on a liquid fast for a month afterward, my body couldn't it. I don't know why I'm so paranoid about the surgery, I guess because My 600 Pound Life makes it look like every fat person out there is getting the surgery,

Riders

Well, I am back on my food plan and feeling a little better. But I still don't have my vitamins yet. Well, I did something stupid and will let y'all know if it works out.

I decided I was lonely for friendship with a man and joined Plenty Of Fish, I already have a ton of replies. I see a ton of men who say they are looking to get married and I bet a lot of them are scam artists. So I am only responding to those who are looking for friendship only and there are only a couple of them.

The scam artists are looking for a long-term relationship or marriage because they can't talk you into sending a thousand dollars unless you think they are in love with you and are going to marry them. So I a hoping that's safer. Whatever I do I won't send anyone money.

I get carried away by fantasy too sometimes, what would it be like if I had a boyfriend, etc..............
I truly know I need more God in my life not a man, but maybe I can start a new friendship who knows. I was also brainwashed to live in a fairytale, the woman needs a man to take care of her etc.........hopefully I have broken away from that..............wee will see what happens with POF

Riders

Well, I deleted all but 3 guys. Most of them want to get married. To me it's easier to run into a scam artist who is looking for a wife because they want to convince you they are in love with you.

However, I spoke to one of the guys today and he seems suspicious anyways. He asks me what I like and agrees with everything I say and says that's cool no matter what I say. He's not really engaging in a conversation wich could be a sign of a scam. So we shall see. They could all be scam artists. I am not sending money to anyone.

Riders

So my wound care team came by. They are going to start grafting the skin where my wound is. They took a sample of my wound and are testing it to see if it's infected and if it is they will put me on antibiotics. They are also sending people out to take my blood and will do an all-over test where they look at everything.

If I am anemic they will see it and if my diet is lacking in something they will know, so if I need zinc or something else they will let me know what to start taking. I hope the grafting does not hurt, they take skin new skin and let it grow over the old skin. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

I am about to kick this guy's butt off my POF app. he agrees with everything I say and is pretending to have a conversation with me without really saying anything.

He says "That's cool" no matter what I say. I asked him if he were into spirituality he said what kind? I told him I liked universalism and all kinds of religions he said "That's cool", I could have said I am a Satanist from the devil-worshipping church and he would've said, "that's cool". This is just a pretend conversation so he can get me convinced I am in his pretend relationship with him. It's not a real conversation he's gone.

Riders

So I met a guy today on POF. He likes mystery tv shows, he likes Buffy the Vampire Slayer, he likes Twin Peaks, Law and Order, and also likes Ghost Hunter spirit hunter tv shows. He believes in Ghosts and the psychic realm .

Thank you higher powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is 100 percent Native American and was raised n the reservation along with being raised in the Catholic church. He knows all about the Powwows and I told him I would love to go to one someday. Anyways we will see if it leads to friendship, my fingers are crossed.

Riders

Well, they came and got my blood yesterday and they're checking for everything. If I am infected if my electrons are off if my vitamins or minerals are low they will see it. My nurse is coming by today to clean up my wound. Then Friday she will. Then next week, they will start skin grafting and I will ask for pain medication for that. I worry that it will hurt.

After talking and being friends with nothing dirty all day yesterday the sex question, what kind do you like came up. I guess since we have things in common I'll give him a chance to get back on track with friendship. If I can't get him off of sex I'll kick his but.

Riders

Anyways Michael turned out to be not a good guy. He wanted to meet in August by joining him in a motel room the first meeting and I told him it was only safe to meet in a public place the first time. He said no and told me we would be safe together and tried to talk me into it. I got rid of him. This guy could be Ted Bundy for all I know.

That's it for me and the dating app. I realize there are probably good guys up there but I have run into 3 bad guys so far and I just don't want to fool with it anymore.

Well, the nurse came yesterday and told me my wound is about to close up. That's good news yay! No skin grafting unless it gets messed up by Monday when the wound care nurse gets here but hopefully it's closed up by then.

Riders

With all the glorifying of men and boybands up truly between the age of 12 and 14, I had my girl power girls rock bands stage, first with Deborah Harry in Blondie then Pat Benetar and Joan Jett! Here's one of my favorite female videos!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Riders

I'm taking a music break to put up a movie trailer. This will be for What's Love Got To Do With It, I like Tina's music but I love the movie. IMOHO I think Ike and Tina's story is a classic story of a man who could not stand the fact that his wife was going beyond him and getting more attention than he was.
Then he turned into a wife-beating drug addict monster and began controlling and abusing her. I am glad she got away from him.

Riders

So I thought my wound was closing up and Friday they said it had not closed and there was a big red mark on me.

Today the nurse says it's not bad but it is not closing so they may go ahead with the skin grafting. This nurse thought they could put me in the hospital for it unless it was a minor skin graft. I hope it is minor, I don't want to go to the hospital.

After 10 days of food plan every other day and overeating every other day I weighed. I am at 304,1 pound down. It would've been more had I stayed on it better. but for almost 4 months it's 26 pounds down from 330, 6 and a half pounds a month which is ok. But I am trying to lose faster but I am ok with that.

This lady is not so much a rocker as she is described as a pop queen, But I don't agree that she is strictly pop she has her own sounds. So I have Adona Like A Virgin and my favorite Madonna song is Like A Prayer

Riders

So I got rid of my PoF app, the dating app and kicked out the men, a part of me still believes and knows there are good guys there. However I have not been running into the while I am there, and I don't have the time, energy, or stomach to

go through the list of men who messaged me. I am obese perhaps a good percentage are scam artists who think,"oh there's a good sitting duck she's fat I bet she's really desperate!". No thank you. anyway, I am starting something new for my loneliness. I joined a singles group who have meetups online through Zoom.

I spent 15 dollars on the ticket. They put 3 or 4 people in one room at a time and give them questions to answer. After 10 minutes if someone interests you, you can ask for their number or leave yours if they want to. Even if I don't meet a doing it maybe I can enjoy socializing and make a few friends.

Sometimes I long for days to be at church so I could be in a family atmosphere with people I call brothers and sisters and living for a dreamy fantasy about getting married having kids like being in The Brady Bunch!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was well, pretty much a fantasy back then. I lived for the faerytale.

But maybe this singles group will help me feel not so lonely.

Davy Jones on The Brady Bunch

7 Brides for 7 Brothers

Davy Jones Brady Bunch movie

Last edited:

Riders

I've been under a lot of stress. I was diagnosed with a throat infection and I feel like crap. my nurse says I should try to get rid of it fast with the Zpack antibiotic I have because my right chest has drainage in it so I could come down with bronchitis.
They told me yesterday that the new multivitamins I got have iron in it so I should not need any iron on top of that and iron can cause constipation. I am just taking the multivitamin and the anemia should clear up like that. It's a mild case of anemia hopefully it'll clear up.

I have been overeating the past 4 days I hope I can get back on my food plan tomorrow.

I was hankering to find a place in Mesquite to socialize at after I get ore mobile. I found out the Libertarian group I use to go to is now having 1 meeting a month where I live close to me. I a happy about that, I have missed that group.

My wound is starting to close up again and looks better. So I hope it closses up by Monday.

If I ever get married this is the song I want to walk down the aisle to.

Last edited:

Riders

So I just had to get this off my chest. I have watched The Craigslist Killer movie 10 times. It's about Phillip Markoff, he killed one woman and assaulted others all of who were exotic message artists and ladies of the evening who placed articles in the Craigslist adult entertainment section. Craigslist got rid of that section in part because of him.

So he was engaged to a student and going full time to medical school with straight As and on a scholarship. He was an impressive student. In the end, when the police were investigating him after he was arrested, they spoke to the director of the college and the teacher about Phillip.

He said, " this is a prestigious University and to get in here and ake the grades Phillip does, he has to study every minute, it's not PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE for him to have time to go off and assault prostitutes in Rhode ISland, NOT Physically possible!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, I find it pompous, egotistical, and prideful that he claimed to the police his A students could not be a murderer because they don't have the tie how does he know??

I hate to compare my sexy Jim Morrison to the Craigslist killer. However, I read a book written by Ray Manzarek about Jim. Both he and Jim got degrees in Cinematography and film. According to this book, Jim could pick a book up read it just like that and memorize it really quickly. He did study some but Jim did not have to study near as much as the normal student there because he memorized it all and could walk in and get an A on a test with very little studying.

I imagine Phillip Markoff was also a genius and like Jim did not have to study as much as regular students.

Deidre

I read through this last page Riders, and you’ve really been through a lot lately. Hope you’re doing better today and if you like murder mysteries, you should check out The Staircase on HBOMax if you have that streaming service.

Enjoy your weekend!

Riders

I think I am getting over my throat infection, Gosh I hope so. My ears still hurt. If I can get past that I will stop eating. I have been munching out for the past week or so. I am not going to weigh yet. I probably put 10 pounds back on. I am still dealing with my wound too but the wound care nurses say it's getting better. I hope it closes up this week.

Riders

So I think where we are at as a world, a universe is we are dying off in the next 20 years. We don't want to talk about it but it's happening and it may happen in 15 or 20 years. I just don't think we can do anything about it, we are lost, we are dead.

So just try and be happy till the end? It makes me sad that we have destroyed Mother earth but what can be done?There is no answer................. I will cheer up and help fellow overeatersrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr don't worry..........