• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Right?

dianaiad

The decision is made by considering the actual intentions and consequences.

Yeah? Who makes that decision?

.......hint....I'm attempting, here, to expand the conversation regarding 'evil,' and 'good' into the realm of deity, since at least one of you guys has made a sarcastic comment or two about how nasty God is.....

dianaiad

Morality based upon reason, compassion, and real world cause and effect is far more sensible and trustworthy than the arbitrary, irrational, unsubstantiated, and inconsistent/disproportionate "morality" of ancient, primitive savages.

Who gets to decide which is which, and who is whom?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Is there truly a right or a wrong?
I’ve thought about this some more. If the question is whether there are experiences that everyone could have, that would enable all people to all agree on a moral code and a system of laws, I think that’s possible for most people, but maybe not all. If the question is whether there are experiences that everyone could have, that would enable all people to always agree on what’s true and what isn’t, out of everything that anyone might say, I don’t think so.
Or are right and wrong merely human constructs to assert perspective?
Sometimes I see concepts of right and wrong, and true and false, being customized for people to excuse and camouflage their unloving attitudes and behavior towards others, or their attachments to their ideas.