• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Right?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It maybe a human construct but good is no less complex. So is it harmful to take one innocent life against their will to save hundreds of other innocent lives? I would say yes, but it would be the lesser of two evils.

Some might not see it that way. And again, evil, in my view, is merely a human construct. There is no universal or objective "good" or "evil."

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Some might not see it that way. And again, evil, in my view, is merely a human construct. There is no universal or objective "good" or "evil."
Good and evil are human constructs, they are words. Just because the map is a human construct doesn't mean the territory doesn't exist.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, it wasn't. You took the question in the OP and applied your own spin...your own perspective...your own personal truth. You, in no way, gave any example that you are right.

The example is Gods Messengers, they are the standard for all Truth and the Word they give is the Truth.

What they offer is testable and justice requires us to undertake those required tests.

That is not a spin, that is Truth. The rest is our own spin.

Regards Tony

siti

"Right" and "wrong" are matters of convention - they are not usually entirely subjective and they are certainly not objective. Right?

siti

What they offer is testable and justice requires us to undertake those required tests.
And some people (like me for example) might very well find "what they offer" to be a load of old cobblers. So now who's "right" and who's "wrong"? Wait - I know - I'm wrong, right?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

You have simply lived in a bubble and never experienced true evil.

Come back to me when your 5 year old child has been raped, murdered, and dismembered then tell me there is no such thing as objective evil.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
That which produces love is right. That which runs contrary to love is wrong. The goal of all virtues is love. Love is peace. Life runs on love.

Love for others, love for self. Self must be equal to the selfless motives.

dianaiad

Consider religion, politics, philosophy, morals, ethics, or whatever. How do you know you are right and another is wrong?

Is there truly a right or a wrong? Or are right and wrong merely human constructs to assert perspective?

Thoughts?

I'm right.

Mostly.

If I didn't think so, I'd change my mind and THEN I'd think I was right.

(shrug)

That's how this stuff works.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And some people (like me for example) might very well find "what they offer" to be a load of old cobblers. So now who's "right" and who's "wrong"? Wait - I know - I'm wrong, right?

Yes, plain and simple, you are wrong. They have explained it to you, as to why you are wrong.

Of course, you are free to consider it how you choose. What you choose is right or it is the wrong, or somewhere in-between.

As I am a black and white type of fellow, it resonates with my understanding of life.

Regards Tony

dianaiad

That which produces love is right. That which runs contrary to love is wrong. The goal of all virtues is love. Love is peace. Life runs on love.

Love for others, love for self. Self must be equal to the selfless motives.

Uhmn....would you care to define 'love?'

For that matter, a definition of 'evil,' and one of 'good' would be helpful, too.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well of course I knew that all along - and I was right!

Well done. :);)

That is the choices we are given. We can be happy and wrong. I have walked that path, happy does not hang around.

When one holds a view of right, which is a lasting happy, no other persons wrong or opinion can take that away, what I found can take it away, is ones own wrongs.

Regards Tony