• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Afraid of Atheism Or Atheists?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I asked you for evidence considering 7 billion people and thousands of years of history. I said this already that if you do that its a valid claim but of course you can't and you won't because your obviously have an agenda with bias behind you.

So I will of course claim it "bias" and since I didnt make a claim like you saying that either Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Hindus or Buddhists or what ever are better as a people why should I provide any evidence to anything I never claimed. The onus is on you.

Not just bias shallow surfing. Good research spanning through time the world.

If you can't understand this simple matter you are so bias you cannot understand honest research so you will go online and perform your bias search. Invalid.
Seems you are having great difficulty keeping up with the conversation.

You made the claim "bias".
The onus is on you to show it is bias.

Thus far all you have is that I did not meet your ridiculous requirements in "validating" my claim that theists like to whine and complain about atheists lowering themselves to bar set by theists.

For someone who does as much whining and complaining as you do about others presenting irrelevant posts....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I asked you for evidence considering 7 billion people and thousands of years of history. I said this already that if you do that its a valid claim but of course you can't and you won't because your obviously have an agenda with bias behind you.

So I will of course claim it "bias" and since I didnt make a claim like you saying that either Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Hindus or Buddhists or what ever are better as a people why should I provide any evidence to anything I never claimed. The onus is on you.

If you can't understand this simple matter you are so bias you cannot understand honest research so you will go online and perform your bias search. Invalid.
Actually, he did present supporting evidence to his earlier claim, and you have been calling it biased since amd demanding evidence, although it is on you to demonstrate how Mestemia's claim is biased.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Actually, he did present supporting evidence to his earlier claim, and you have been calling it biased since amd demanding evidence, although it is on you to demonstrate how Mestemia's claim is biased.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thank you for confirming to all us exactly how shallow your readings of our posts are. This post, it reads like it was addressed to Mestemia, not the one who just recently came back in here, the one you havent said anything about proof or evidence in this thread.
You want to accuse everyone of bias, but you seem so biased against us you have made an astonishing and remarkable mistake.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thank you for confirming to all us exactly how shallow your readings of our posts are. This post, it reads like it was addressed to Mestemia, not the one who just recently came back in here, the one you havent said anything about proof or evidence in this thread.
You want to accuse everyone of bias, but you seem so biased against us you have made an astonishing and remarkable mistake.

Nice. Who is us? So you believe that "Us" you refer to are better then "others" by default? Thats what is said and I will forever oppose that kind of bigotry. So you say you are also one of those who claim as such right?

Group mentality makes one lose sanity sometimes. :)

Cheers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
well...there are those that have a hard time with gravity
And there are the deniers.
OIP.8fKSKesfCf5x3Q9yPx7X2gHaFj

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't like to brag, but gravity and I are firm friends. We are so close my basketball teammates commonly remark on how I'm completely unable to free myself from gravity's embrace.
I just hope that you ask gravity's permission before touching.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Honestly, I think the better question -- the one that might get to the heart of what really drives us all -- might be, "can you like an atheist" (or a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Satanist, Pastafarian, etc.)? Why or why not?

Or perhaps, "do you hate atheists" (or Christians, Muslims, Jews, Satanists, Pastafarians, etc.)? Why or why not?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Well, can you give us an example of the guy with mustard-seed-sized faith that moved a mountain? Or fought hurricanes?

For the record, your thoughts (at least to me) are not pearls, and likewise I am not swine. I can prove I am genetically human, and would prefer you didn't refer to me otherwise.

And you can list all your "maybe this" and "maybe that" until the end of time -- but I can do that, too. "Maybe God is just malicious, and gets a kick out of a few thousand infant drownings once in a while." Show me how you would refute that, using the Bible, or whatever scripture you happen to prefer.

And if I may point out -- if I can prevail against the will of God, then why would I assume that god is of any importance.

And for the record, I am not "sinister." I am a caring, loving, thoughtful human being who has more than the usual amount of concern for my fellows on this planet. And I am rational -- if you think you have something that absolutely makes your God real for me, then share it -- tell me, in your own words. I promise I'll read.

But of course, like you, I can only read through the lenses of my own eyes...
Well, spiritual things are seen detached from the body, without the senses. So when you say you read only through the lenses of your own eyes, you are wrong already. You need to think spiritually. If you are humane, you ought to be able to see them.

Although I am schizophrenic, when I interviewed after completing graduate school for what I could do, I would say the word "OK" and "hurricane" at the same time. I said it 12 times. I genuinely believed that every time I said it, I would stop major hurricanes for a year. (That was December 2006). As it turns out, there were no hurricanes above category 3 for the next 10 years. I've confirmed this recently. Does that mean I stopped major hurricanes for 12 years? No, but what it does mean is that I had a spiritual experience.

When we are evaluating God to see if we believe in Him, since prophets are God's ambassadors on earth, we can understand Him through them. It says in the Old Testament that if a prophet prophesied falsely we shouldn't fear them, so we can give them a chance. We don't just say, God could be nice or God could be mean. We study doctrine and see if it makes sense that God is what God seems to claim He is.

These are spiritual concepts or principles that you can try to see if they can help you by applying them to your life. Your humane concepts should go together with how you imagine God.

I'm trying! Please think twice before you harden your heart. If you would soften your heart, I just have this small hope that I might be able to help you in any way.

* Sorry if this verges on proselyting

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Are you kidding?! (This isn't the Joke Forum, so I had to ask.)

No possible way!

I don't think so.

Well, maybe. You don't wear Clown suits, do you?