• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Afraid of Atheism Or Atheists?

firedragon

Veteran Member
What is bias about it?

Or is it simply you dislike the fact that theists do so much whining and complaining when atheists lower themselves all the way down to the bar set by theists?

Or perhaps you are merely in denial as to who set that bar?

Are you perhaps in denial as to where the bar is set?

Hells bells, even the article whining about bullying is bullying.

But I suspect you are not yet ready to have that conversation...

Well, its just bias. Just empty statements. Nothing backed up with anything concrete. We see this quite often. Of course then you have to get agitated and go on a rant. Show empirical evidence to your claims. Then its not bias. Evidence doesn't come from vague statements like "look at this country or look at that country". 7 billion people, thousands of years of history. Analyse it, make a statistical proposition that's valid.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Well, its just bias. Just empty statements. Nothing backed up with anything concrete. We see this quite often. Of course then you have to get agitated and go on a rant. Show empirical evidence to your claims. Then its not bias. Evidence doesn't come from vague statements like "look at this country or look at that country". 7 billion people, thousands of years of history. Analyse it, make a statistical proposition that's valid.

ROTFLMAO
empty statements?
A 10 second google search:

11 Things Atheists Couldn't Do Because They Didn't Believe In God | HuffPost

In at least seven U.S. states, constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial, the report said.
Source

o-INFOGRAPHIC-570.jpg

The conclusion of this research found that atheists/nonbelievers face a substantial amount of discrimination. They are tied with Muslims as the most hated religious group in America, seven states specifically ban them from holding public office, there are numerous reports of discrimination based off disbelief, and the American public holds mostly negative views on nonbelievers/atheists. The reason behind this conclusion could potentially be because of under representation, prejudices by the dominate religious group, and political/social norms.
Source

Atheist residents of "very religious" communities are especially likely to experience discrimination in education, employment and public services such as jury duty, according to Reality Check: Being Nonreligious in America, a survey released this month by American Atheists, a Cranford, N.J.-based nonprofit that advocates civil rights for nonreligious people.
Source

firedragon

Veteran Member
ROTFLMAO
empty statements?
A 10 second google search:

11 Things Atheists Couldn't Do Because They Didn't Believe In God | HuffPost

In at least seven U.S. states, constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial, the report said.
Source

View attachment 41564

The conclusion of this research found that atheists/nonbelievers face a substantial amount of discrimination. They are tied with Muslims as the most hated religious group in America, seven states specifically ban them from holding public office, there are numerous reports of discrimination based off disbelief, and the American public holds mostly negative views on nonbelievers/atheists. The reason behind this conclusion could potentially be because of under representation, prejudices by the dominate religious group, and political/social norms.
Source

Atheist residents of "very religious" communities are especially likely to experience discrimination in education, employment and public services such as jury duty, according to Reality Check: Being Nonreligious in America, a survey released this month by American Atheists, a Cranford, N.J.-based nonprofit that advocates civil rights for nonreligious people.
Source

More bias.

7 billion people, thousands of years of history.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
More bias.

7 billion people, thousands of years of history.
I might point out that you appear to be doing the same thing -- you are claiming "bias" but offering nothing whatever in support of your assertion except "7 billion people, thousands of years of history." If you have distilled anything from that to support your assertion of bias, I think it behooves you to present it. At very least, @Mestemia provided numbers for you to look at -- which you do not address except with your claim of "bias."

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I might point out that you appear to be doing the same thing -- you are claiming "bias" but offering nothing whatever in support of your assertion except "7 billion people, thousands of years of history." If you have distilled anything from that to support your assertion of bias, I think it behooves you to present it. At very least, @Mestemia provided numbers for you to look at -- which you do not address except with your claim of "bias."
I am still looking for the threads that already have a much more in depth research result presentation but when I type "atheist" into the forum search, clicking thread titles only and get 999 pages of results with over 680 of the pages listing thread titles that do not have the word atheist in them.....

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm just afraid of people being irrational or evil in general.
I'll forget about the evil, for the moment, and just dwell on the irrational. There's no such thing as the atheist who could even begin to believe in an all-powerful entity who can -- and will -- revivify a dead person, turning the soup in his skull after 3 days into a functioning, multi-trillion connected brain again, but who won't, or can't stop an earthquake or tsunami that tears innocent babies from their mothers' arms and towards certain death.

You want irrational? I can demonstrate it for you.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I'll forget about the evil, for the moment, and just dwell on the irrational. There's no such thing as the atheist who could even begin to believe in an all-powerful entity who can -- and will -- revivify a dead person, turning the soup in his skull after 3 days into a functioning, multi-trillion connected brain again, but who won't, or can't stop an earthquake or tsunami that tears innocent babies from their mothers' arms and towards certain death.

You want irrational? I can demonstrate it for you.
I don't want to converse with ya.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Yes, I can understand why. I wonder if you can?
Look; maybe if someone prays sincerely they can stop a hurricane. "If ye have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move a mountain."
Maybe it drives human technology to fight hurricane damage.
Maybe it brings people together in a common purpose to defeat the hurricane damage.

Maybe other ways of bringing people together are dissappearing so its necessary.

Maybe those who die from the hurricane don't have it so horrific.
Maybe those who die from the hurricane go to heaven.

I'm not trying to outsmart you evangelical_humanist. I'm not supposed to cast my pearls before swine and you just seem extra sinister against, well, against God.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Look; maybe if someone prays sincerely they can stop a hurricane. "If ye have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move a mountain."
Maybe it drives human technology to fight hurricane damage.
Maybe it brings people together in a common purpose to defeat the hurricane damage.

Maybe other ways of bringing people together are dissappearing so its necessary.

Maybe those who die from the hurricane don't have it so horrific.
Maybe those who die from the hurricane go to heaven.

I'm not trying to outsmart you evangelical_humanist. I'm not supposed to cast my pearls before swine and you just seem extra sinister against, well, against God.
Well, can you give us an example of the guy with mustard-seed-sized faith that moved a mountain? Or fought hurricanes?

For the record, your thoughts (at least to me) are not pearls, and likewise I am not swine. I can prove I am genetically human, and would prefer you didn't refer to me otherwise.

And you can list all your "maybe this" and "maybe that" until the end of time -- but I can do that, too. "Maybe God is just malicious, and gets a kick out of a few thousand infant drownings once in a while." Show me how you would refute that, using the Bible, or whatever scripture you happen to prefer.

And if I may point out -- if I can prevail against the will of God, then why would I assume that god is of any importance.

And for the record, I am not "sinister." I am a caring, loving, thoughtful human being who has more than the usual amount of concern for my fellows on this planet. And I am rational -- if you think you have something that absolutely makes your God real for me, then share it -- tell me, in your own words. I promise I'll read.

But of course, like you, I can only read through the lenses of my own eyes...