• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Afraid of Atheism Or Atheists?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Well, spiritual things are seen detached from the body, without the senses. So when you say you read only through the lenses of your own eyes, you are wrong already. You need to think spiritually. If you are humane, you ought to be able to see them.

Although I am schizophrenic, when I interviewed after completing graduate school for what I could do, I would say the word "OK" and "hurricane" at the same time. I said it 12 times. I genuinely believed that every time I said it, I would stop major hurricanes for a year. (That was December 2006). As it turns out, there were no hurricanes above category 3 for the next 10 years. I've confirmed this recently. Does that mean I stopped major hurricanes for 12 years? No, but what it does mean is that I had a spiritual experience.

When we are evaluating God to see if we believe in Him, since prophets are God's ambassadors on earth, we can understand Him through them. It says in the Old Testament that if a prophet prophesied falsely we shouldn't fear them, so we can give them a chance. We don't just say, God could be nice or God could be mean. We study doctrine and see if it makes sense that God is what God seems to claim He is.

These are spiritual concepts or principles that you can try to see if they can help you by applying them to your life. Your humane concepts should go together with how you imagine God.

I'm trying! Please think twice before you harden your heart. If you would soften your heart, I just have this small hope that I might be able to help you in any way.

* Sorry if this verges on proselyting

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I might point out that you appear to be doing the same thing -- you are claiming "bias" but offering nothing whatever in support of your assertion except "7 billion people, thousands of years of history." If you have distilled anything from that to support your assertion of bias, I think it behooves you to present it. At very least, @Mestemia provided numbers for you to look at -- which you do not address except with your claim of "bias."

Present what mate? I didn't make a claim about one set of people being better than the other. Thats bias, bigoted. Thats indeed the definition of bigotry.

What kind of numbers would you like to look at? Violence? Tell me, lets take a look and analyse.

Also, there are some people who are there to argue and do quick searches online for arguments sake but never to analyse it for a little more than what an ego or a hatred is spread. There are a few who will honestly analyse.

Cheers.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The conclusion of this research found that atheists/nonbelievers face a substantial amount of discrimination. They are tied with Muslims as the most hated religious group in America, seven states specifically ban them from holding public office, there are numerous reports of discrimination based off disbelief, and the American public holds mostly negative views on nonbelievers/atheists. The reason behind this conclusion could potentially be because of under representation, prejudices by the dominate religious group, and political/social norms.
Source
I think the reason behind this discrimination is Christianity and that is as plain and clear to me because it is logical. Christians still comprise about 70% of the population of the United States so they are the majority, and the two groups that are most threatening to the Christians are atheists and Muslims because they have something to refute the Christians with -- knowledge of the Bible and more truth about Jesus than many Christians have.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not really a debate, but the other thread in this forum needs this companion.
Do I frighten anyone?
Or at least annoy?
It's not because you're an atheist, it's because you're a Scot. From rebellions down to your culinary choices, you're so bipolar you end up fighting your allies with your foes, and your allies dont know if theyre foes because you pleased with pancakes for breakfast amd made them wonder if you were trying to poison them with haggis at dinner. Most people dont like your instrument of pride, and you're clothed tk flash and moon anyone who has anything to say about it, good or bad.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not really a debate, but the other thread in this forum needs this companion.
Do I frighten anyone?
Or at least annoy?

Yep. But I'm not sure if that's because of your atheism. I mean, I'm an atheist and in a survey of my dog, I appear to be universally loved.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
sad you do not practice what you preach:

Nothing backed up with anything concrete. We see this quite often. Of course then you have to get agitated and go on a rant. Show empirical evidence to your claims. Then its not bias. Evidence doesn't come from vague statements like "look at this country or look at that country". 7 billion people, thousands of years of history. Analyse it, make a statistical proposition that's valid.
Source

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Present what mate? I didn't make a claim about one set of people being better than the other. Thats bias, bigoted. Thats indeed the definition of bigotry.

What kind of numbers would you like to look at? Violence? Tell me, lets take a look and analyse.

Also, there are some people who are there to argue and do quick searches online for arguments sake but never to analyse it for a little more than what an ego or a hatred is spread. There are a few who will honestly analyse.

Cheers.
And then there is you, who merely jump up and down mantra chanting "bias" as though it is an ace in the hole.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Bias is bias mate. Its evident in your statements. Simple, empty bias.
Thank you for further demonstrating the point of post #72
And further revealing your hypocrisy as pointed out in post #71

Now since you have no interest in honest discourse.....

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thank you for further demonstrating the point of post #72
And further revealing your hypocrisy as pointed out in post #71

Now since you have no interest in honest discourse.....

Bias. You guys dont deserve any kind of intellectual discussion mate.

Ciao.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Ciao.
You have made the "bias" claim repeatedly in this thread.
Yet offer not one single thing to back it up other than to make yet another bold empty claim.

Since you are unable to support your repeated "bias" claim, no need to take you seriously.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Ciao.
Or perhaps you could be more honest in how you represent people's positions and less prone to inserting words there that aren't. And, yes. There is definitely discrimination against non-theists at the hands of theists. But how you treated people and their presentations of evidence in other threads, I am not surprised by such a self conceited statement here.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You have made the "bias" claim repeatedly in this thread.
Yet offer not one single thing to back it up other than to make yet another bold empty claim.

Since you are unable to support your repeated "bias" claim, no need to take you seriously.

I asked you for evidence considering 7 billion people and thousands of years of history. I said this already that if you do that its a valid claim but of course you can't and you won't because your obviously have an agenda with bias behind you.

So I will of course claim it "bias" and since I didnt make a claim like you saying that either Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Hindus or Buddhists or what ever are better as a people why should I provide any evidence to anything I never claimed. The onus is on you.

Not just bias shallow surfing. Good research spanning through time the world.

If you can't understand this simple matter you are so bias you cannot understand honest research so you will go online and perform your bias search. Invalid.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I asked you for evidence considering 7 billion people and thousands of years of history. I said this already that if you do that its a valid claim but of course you can't and you won't because your obviously have an agenda with bias behind you.

So I will of course claim it "bias" and since I didnt make a claim like you saying that either Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Hindus or Buddhists or what ever are better as a people why should I provide any evidence to anything I never claimed. The onus is on you.

If you can't understand this simple matter you are so bias you cannot understand honest research so you will go online and perform your bias search. Invalid.
Seems you are having great difficulty keeping up with the conversation.

You made the claim "bias".
The onus is on you to show it is bias.

Thus far all you have is that I did not meet your ridiculous requirements in "validating" my claim that theists like to whine and complain about atheists lowering themselves to bar set by theists.

For someone who does as much whining and complaining as you do about others presenting irrelevant posts....

firedragon

Veteran Member
Seems you are having great difficulty keeping up with the conversation.

You made the claim "bias".
The onus is on you to show it is bias.

Thus far all you have is that I did not meet your ridiculous requirements in "validating" my claim that theists like to whine and complain about atheists lowering themselves to bar set by theists.

For someone who does as much whining and complaining as you do about others presenting irrelevant posts....