• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anything you want to know about me, .Lava?

.lava

Veteran Member
Yes he is a man. according to the book of Genesis he was the King of Salem, later known as Jerusalem. he was a believer in the One God who greeted Abraham as he arrived from smiting his enemies.

"Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine: and he was priest of God Most High, and he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth. and blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all."

~Genesis 14:18-20

what happened to him?

I'll be happy to hear more.

Ebru is interesting art because artist can't control everything. they use a liquid, they drop paint on it and by moving the water they make shapes. this art, just like Hat, is done by people who lives according to Tasavvuf. fair to say, both kinds are part of Tasavvuf art. watch it yourself;

Dailymotion - SUYA DÜŞEN DAMLALAR'DAN GÜL EBRUSU - Sanat Kanalı

Dailymotion - Ebru_Sanatı-Gülü Terk - Sanat Kanalı

Dailymotion - Ebru Sanatı - Sanat Kanalı

Well, I guess I'll start by, what things do you enjoy doing? hobbies, recreational, social, etc. ;)

Thanks for indulging me ;)

i don't have spare time for hobbies. but when i have time i love walking, specially in nature, i love travelling. i used to make paintings. it used to feed me spiritually. planning to start again, i miss it. i used to work as photographer. at the moment i don't have a camera but sometimes, i see something and i wish i had one with me. i miss that too. i would probably start both soon, i hope. lately i watch movies a lot. Pirates of Caribbean triology is exactly good for my taste

David69

Angel Of The North
i also believe these three religions one day would unite. then peace would come to this world.
Lava..
I think you are right there! You seam like a good soul. I wish the world were full of people like yourself. :)

David.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

i believe there is one God and there is only one religion of God. it is the religion of Abraham PBUH. some people called it Christianity, some called it Judaism, some called it Islam. Abraham PBUH called it haneef religion. i have doubt there are Christians and Jews who live true religion of Abraham PBUH. i also believe these three religions one day would unite. then peace would come to this world. i was told about Jews once and how devoted they could be. so as an answer to your first question, they are the same religion with different rituels. and for the second, in practice each group has members who are still true to the hanif roots.

Not as a Muslim, but as an individual, how do eastern religions fit into you world view?

challupa

.lava, congratulations!! I just know you'll be a wonderful mod. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to referee us rowdies!!:)

.lava

Veteran Member
I mean Asian religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

i don't know all the details about it but i like Buddhism. i don't know about Hinduism very well. IMO in everything we do, what matters is intention. i believe there are only two directions for each human. one leads to negativity, the other leads to positivity. we make desicions and we always chose between those two options. i expect humans to be humane, i expect people at least intent to be better people, for themselves, for other people and for entire creation. if people of different beliefs do this, those different paths would join or would be parallel. so, i don't know contents of Eastern religions but i know that it is up to individual to make their belief useful. to me it is obvious, even if the truth was given to people directly, it would mean nothing and it would not be useful if people were mean and hateful. i am not too old but old enough to know from experiences; if you are sincere person, your questions are answered sincerely; if you are honest and if your intention is good, you are welcomed by the Divine the same. we are all truly and literally 'in private' with the highest power. i hope this answers your question

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
i don't know all the details about it but i like Buddhism. i don't know about Hinduism very well. IMO in everything we do, what matters is intention. i believe there are only two directions for each human. one leads to negativity, the other leads to positivity. we make desicions and we always chose between those two options. i expect humans to be humane, i expect people at least intent to be better people, for themselves, for other people and for entire creation. if people of different beliefs do this, those different paths would join or would be parallel. so, i don't know contents of Eastern religions but i know that it is up to individual to make their belief useful. to me it is obvious, even if the truth was given to people directly, it would mean nothing and it would not be useful if people were mean and hateful. i am not too old but old enough to know from experiences; if you are sincere person, your questions are answered sincerely; if you are honest and if your intention is good, you are welcomed by the Divine the same. we are all truly and literally 'in private' with the highest power. i hope this answers your question

Yes, I like you answer and your beliefs.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
what happened to him?
He only makes two appearances in the Hebrew Bible, and the the Bible does no say.
for more info about Melchizedek, wiki might be a good start as any: Melchizedek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ebru is interesting art because artist can't control everything. they use a liquid, they drop paint on it and by moving the water they make shapes. this art, just like Hat, is done by people who lives according to Tasavvuf. fair to say, both kinds are part of Tasavvuf art. watch it yourself;

Dailymotion - SUYA DÜŞEN DAMLALAR'DAN GÜL EBRUSU - Sanat Kanalı

Dailymotion - Ebru_Sanatı-Gülü Terk - Sanat Kanalı

Dailymotion - Ebru Sanatı - Sanat Kanalı
That is very lovely.

i don't have spare time for hobbies. but when i have time i love walking, specially in nature, i love travelling. i used to make paintings. it used to feed me spiritually. planning to start again, i miss it. i used to work as photographer. at the moment i don't have a camera but sometimes, i see something and i wish i had one with me. i miss that too. i would probably start both soon, i hope. lately i watch movies a lot. Pirates of Caribbean triology is exactly good for my taste

What eats up most of your time?
I used to be a photographer as well ;) what kind of business did you work for?

.lava

Veteran Member
What eats up most of your time?
I used to be a photographer as well ;) what kind of business did you work for?

school.

i worked with two bands. i and a friend of mine used to make their stage docaration and stage lights. i was their photographer. it was really fun job. crazy and tiring life style though

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
school.

i worked with two bands. i and a friend of mine used to make their stage docaration and stage lights. i was their photographer. it was really fun job. crazy and tiring life style though

Interesting fact about you.
and school? what are you studying lava? I dont think you ever discussed it?

.lava

Veteran Member
Interesting fact about you.
and school? what are you studying lava? I dont think you ever discussed it?

there are a few more interesting facts about me. that's because i was not religious before, i was not raised as one.

yes, i don't discuss or talk about that kind of details. i consider 'my present' private so i avoid them on internet