• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anything you want to know about me, .Lava?

.lava

Veteran Member
hi :)

i am sorry, i am a little shy to make this thread. i was asked to be Mod here. i'll give it a try. i don't know what to say about myself. my ages, for example...i always forget my age, well, how am i supposed to remember a number that changes every year, for God's sake?

anyways, i am Turkish. i live in Istanbul most of the time.

i love universe, i love people, i love virtues of human, i love art, i love sunny days, i love rainy days, i admire fog and i love to walk when there is fog, i love to learn, i love to help people, i love tea, i love solitude...

you may ask me if you have questions about me

thank you :eek:

dust1n

Zindīq
No questions at the moment, but certainly congratulations on your promotion! I look forward to a few thousand more interesting posts!

Walkntune

Good I enjoy reading your honest simplistic view points. There is not enough of that in the world these days!

I never knew you were Turkish, my sister and her husband are in istanbul at the moment , on holidays from Libya , :) a little off topic but what is Taza, apparently it's all she has been eating for breakfast :sarcastic

.lava

Veteran Member
I never knew you were Turkish, my sister and her husband are in istanbul at the moment , on holidays from Libya , :) a little off topic but what is Taza, apparently it's all she has been eating for breakfast :sarcastic

never heard of taza but maybe that's not how it is written

What is your favorite color?

Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of religion?

If you could visit anyone whose last name beings with "Spink" in America, who would it be?

.lava

Veteran Member
So what is life like in Istanbul?

mystical and crazy. very crowded, there is traffic problem. there are people from all over the nation and from other nations. most of maps would show Sultan Ahmet as city center. but i think there are more city centers in Islanbul depending on what you want to do. we have stray animals. cats and dogs. people feed them so neighbours might have animals who's known for years . the dog we have in our neigbourhood has been here for 10+ years for example. many things could be said for Istanbul. it is an interesting and literally mystical place. most of us who grew up here feel like Istanbul is the only loved lover within our hearts. it makes you tired to live in the city. because it is so fast and crowded. but you can't stay away for long time, people misses its view, there is something very special about it

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
It certainly looks very beautiful!

.lava, how does Turkey differ culturally from other Muslim nations?

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
well done Lava my friend , I know you like fish and chips and i know you make a great Mod.

.lava

Veteran Member
What is your favorite color?

Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of religion?

If you could visit anyone whose last name beings with "Spink" in America, who would it be?

i like all the colors of nature. i love to see contradicting colors next to each other. for example pink or red flowers on green feilds look so beautiful to me. green and red on its own is fine too but together, green seems more green and red seems more red

outside of religion? in my situation it is exactly the opposite. i am interested in things because of religion. for example, while i was not into religion, i was not interesting in learning or going to university. after i turned to God and began to learn religion, i have started to wonder about creation, specially Earth, and i've started to study. i am interested in the planet all together. from rocks to ionosphere. before religion i was interested in how to kill time, how to make time run faster (also art, i still like art)

you know i like you. if i visited USA i would let you know. at the moment going outside of my nation is the last thing i'd want

.lava

Veteran Member
It certainly looks very beautiful!

.lava, how does Turkey differ culturally from other Muslim nations?

i haven't visited other Muslim nations yet. i don't think i can give good answer. but we have many things in common. except for language we speak -though we have common words too-

MSizer

MSizer
I'm glad to hear you've become a mod. You're honest and you don't get worked up, and I think that's exactly what's needed in the mod role.

Good for you .lava.

M.

MSizer

MSizer
Oh, and you live in a city with way more history than mine! Before it was Constantinople, was it not Byzantium? That's where Alexius asked pope urban the 2nd to send some soldiers and 60 000 barbarians showed up instead, right? Or was that Nicea? I can't remember now.

hi :)

i am sorry, i am a little shy to make this thread. i was asked to be Mod here. i'll give it a try. i don't know what to say about myself. my ages, for example...i always forget my age, well, how am i supposed to remember a number that changes every year, for God's sake?

anyways, i am Turkish. i live in Istanbul most of the time.

i love universe, i love people, i love virtues of human, i love art, i love sunny days, i love rainy days, i admire fog and i love to walk when there is fog, i love to learn, i love to help people, i love tea, i love solitude...

you may ask me if you have questions about me

thank you :eek:

yo .. if i may ask why do you prefer calling your self a haneef Muslim than an ordinary Muslim Don't we a worship the same GOD and read the same QURAN ????