• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone ever feel like life would be better if they were a complete idiot?

Nah smart people can do idiotic stuff it is harder for idiotic people to do smart stuff, I like to keep my options open. :p

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Not really. A friend of mine has mentioned seeing a study which finds a correlation between intelligence and depression, but personally, I think it's worth it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is said that ignorance is bliss. Sometimes I feel life would be easier, but then I realize all I would be giving up and then realize it may be easier, but it would likely mean being influenced by the media, and other sources.

well i used to contemplate about what would make my life easyer and happyer

idiot/smart
jail/free
wealthy/poor

these are my conclusions

1. being an idiot is only better if your a born idiot, if your smart you will never be happy being dumb
2. jail would make your life predictable and easy, but it won't allow you to experiance large portions of life wich could leave you discontent
3. wealth can be gained by 3 means
given : given money will not purchase happyness
earned : earned money allows you to extract happyness from money (aslong as its done moraly)
and won: won money can give you short term happyness, but the chance you win is small
poverty: studyed people in "poor area's" while most in the deep poverty seem happy its because thats the only thing they have left, one's they become less poor that happyness is replaced with stuff

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I always thought Forest Gump was the smartest person on the planet.(I know ..its a movie)

Sometimes ..I wish things were more like a circle in a circle and a square in a square in my mind.

And Im not even that bright.(well maybe thats the problem)

Love

Dallas

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Actually, ignorance is better than stupidity when you want to hide from reality. You can still know the horror of the world even if you don't understand it.

PureX

Veteran Member
I am an idiot, and I don't mind it. I figure I'm not responsible for what I can't know, and since I know so little, then I'm not responsible most of the time. I may walk off a lot of cliffs, but at least I don't have to feel guilty about it.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I don't think my life would be easier, if I were an idiot. I do, however, think it would be easier.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
"With the increase of knowledge is the increase of vexation"~King Solomon...

While ignorance is certainly bliss, the pain that comes from experiencing reality does not compare to the joy and the happiness that comes from experiencing reality.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
"With the increase of knowledge is the increase of vexation"~King Solomon...

While ignorance is certainly bliss, the pain that comes from experiencing reality does not compare to the joy and the happiness that comes from experiencing reality.

But how do you know you wouldnt experience more joy without experiencing reality?

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My father told me that a man once asked him ..how his thermos "knew" wether to keep the contents hot or cold.

I dont know..there is just something so innocent about that.

Love

Dallas