• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And There Is Not A Crisis At The Border?

David1967

Premium Member
Refugee claimants aren't criminals.

If they are legitimate claimants then I agree with you. But they have to be vetted.

They deserve to be treated with dignity and respect like human beings

Absolutely. I agree with you here 100%.

not housed in pens like livestock.

I would hope not.

The way to reduce the cost to the taxpayer is to ensure that they get a proper hearing quickly.

Certainly, this would be a step. Problem is that right now there is a shortage of immigration judges, so looks like some job opportunities should be available. A few years ago I went through the immigration/naturalization process with my wife. (I was born here, she wasn't.) The process was not unfriendly but was thorough. On the present situation at the border, I think we need to be friendly without sacrificing being thorough in our examination of those seeking entry.

David1967

Premium Member
It's being spun the same way same way as when certain news outlets claimed Trump was emboldening White Nationalists pre-election when the Hopewell church was burned in 2016 in Greenville, Mississippi in a fake hate crime.

The same way as when a Trump rally supposedly looked like "a scene from Nazi Germany" when he jokingly asked them to raise their hand and swear an oath. .

The same way as when Trump was partially blamed for influencing the Mosque shooter in New Zealand just because his name was mentioned (along with a number of others and supposed reasons why, but apparently that's not important)

I know there are many more examples and I assume there will be many more as we continue toward 2020.

I predict that the name calling and finger pointing will reach epic proportions.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Refugee claimants aren't criminals. They deserve to be treated with dignity and respect like human beings, not housed in pens like livestock.
The way to reduce the cost to the taxpayer is to ensure that they get a proper hearing quickly.

Didn't Trump want $800 million to improve care for families at the border?

It's like opening a store and it's understaffed for the amount of people that wish to make purchases, someone has to pay the bill to bring in new staff but in the meantime you are stuck with what you have, people have to wait- it's just the way it is.

long-line.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yep, as he slow-walked this to "send a message" and then cut aid to the Northern Triangle Countries and then blamed the Dems for the results. But it's clear that his base really don't want to deal with the facts of what he has done.

Gee, I wonder if his base had their children put into cages whether they'd still continue to support him? :rolleyes:

I know I wouldn't mind....have you met my kids?

Responsibility, not burden.

No, burden. If some one you don't know and didn't invite just shows up on your door demanding food and shelter, it's a burden.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Really? How so?
Shall I start with the poorly thought out zero tolerance policy? Which overwhelmed the system without making any preparations before hand.

And then the cutting off of aid, which is like trying to get people to stay in a house by setting it on fire. What did he think was going to happen?

And add to this the contempt he has shown to immigration judges and lawyers who are desperately needed to help this situation.

Everything Trump has done regarding issue has had the effect of more people coming, and keeping them longer.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Would like a list of crimes that have been confirmed to have been committed by white supremacists? There are lots.

And it's all Trumps fault?

We have seen in the news and on this board that hate crimes have been on the rise ~%17 and somehow this is because of Trump. If one looks closer at the data it is shown that Whites, though they make up ~%78 of the U.S. population commit ~ %50.1 of prosecutable hate crimes, that means that the other ~%28 of the non-White population is responsible for ~%49.9 of hate crimes. This means that non-Whites are ~2.7 times more likely to commit a hate crime that can be prosecuted under hate crimes laws in the U.S. Just from the data I think it would be disingenuous and probably politically or racially motivated to claim that all ~%17 of the increase is due to Whites or Trump.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Shall I start with the poorly thought out zero tolerance policy? Which overwhelmed the system without making any preparations before hand.

And then the cutting off of aid, which is like trying to get people to stay in a house by setting it on fire. What did he think was going to happen?

And add to this the contempt he has shown to immigration judges and lawyers who are desperately needed to help this situation.

Everything Trump has done regarding issue has had the effect of more people coming, and keeping them longer.

This is how you see it, huh? To be honest, I don't think he's done enough.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And it's all Trumps fault?
No. Trump is more of a symptom of white supremacy than a cause.

We have seen in the news and on this board that hate crimes have been on the rise ~%17 and somehow this is because of Trump. If one looks closer at the data it is shown that Whites, though they make up ~%78 of the U.S. population commit ~ %50.1 of prosecutable hate crimes, that means that the other ~%28 of the non-White population is responsible for ~%49.9 of hate crimes. This means that non-Whites are ~2.7 times more likely to commit a hate crime that can be prosecuted under hate crimes laws in the U.S. Just from the data I think it would be disingenuous and probably politically or racially motivated to claim that all ~%17 of the increase is due to Whites or Trump.
Here's the thing: I have absolutely no reason to trust you or give your opinion any weight, so I wouldn't take any stat you gave seriously unless it was corroborated.