• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah is not God (Islams)

FFH

Veteran Member
Malus 12:9 said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]The Biblical God
[/size][/font]is love,is a spirit, has personality, loves, thinks, is omnipotent... etc.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Allah[/size][/font]
is not definable, we are only told what Allah is not,only demands obedience
Assuming that these statement are true, then Allah is the opposite of God. God does not demand obedience, but rather allows us all to choose between good and evil. We are, however, not allowed to choose the consequences of sin. The God of the bible has, however, provided a Savior (JESUS CHRIST) for us to cleanse all those who choose to turn from sin. Christ came into the world not to condemn it but to save it. We are taught to obey but we are not forced or demanded to obey (this was the plan of Satan in the pre-existence or pre-earth life). Jesus Christ was a willing sacrafice for us all. We truely can choose between good and evil and if we turn from sin can be cleansed from all effects of sin because of the atonement of Jesus Christ for our sins. Our God loved us so much that He sent his only begotten Son , that whosoever believed in Him would not perish but have everlasting life.

My God is a God of love and has a body of flesh and bone with a spririt as well. He has personality as Malus states and does think and is all-knowing and all-powerful. He is a man like me only has progressed to a state of being a God. He is THE only God of this world. Of course there are othe Gods of other worlds but only one God of this world. If you feel good about worshipping your God (Allah) then do it, but if not then turn away from him.

Popeyesays

The Biblical God
is love,is a spirit, has personality, loves, thinks, is omnipotent... etc.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Allah[/size][/font]
is not definable, we are only told what Allah is not,only demands obedience

Faith_is_an_assurance said:
Assuming that these statement are true,.
Why should we assume that is true?

then Allah is the opposite of God. God does not demand obedience, but rather allows us all to choose between good and evil. We are, however, not allowed to choose the consequences of sin. The God of the bible has, however, provided a Savior (JESUS CHRIST) for us to cleanse all those who choose to turn from sin. Christ came into the world not to condemn it but to save it. We are taught to obey but we are not forced or demanded to obey (this was the plan of Satan in the pre-existence or pre-earth life). Jesus Christ was a willing sacrafice for us all. We truely can choose between good and evil and if we turn from sin can be cleansed from all effects of sin because of the atonement of Jesus Christ for our sins. Our God loved us so much that He sent his only begotten Son , that whosoever believed in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. .
Do you even know what al Islam means in English? Of course not.

It means "The Submission" as in CHOOSING to submit to the will of God. You said: "We are taught to obey but we are not forced or demanded to obey " In otherwords Christians are asked to submit to the will of God. Gosh, that makes Christians much like Muslims doesn't it.

My God is a God of love and has a body of flesh and bone with a spririt as well. He has personality as Malus states and does think and is all-knowing and all-powerful. He is a man like me only has progressed to a state of being a God. He is THE only God of this world. Of course there are othe Gods of other worlds but only one God of this world. If you feel good about worshipping your God (Allah) then do it, but if not then turn away from him.
The Qur'an says:
"Verily, whether it be of those who believe, or those who are Jews or Christians or Sabaeans, whosoever believe in God and the last day and act aright, they have their reward at their Lord's hand, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve."
(The Qur'an (E.H. Palmer tr), Sura 2 - The Heifer)

The Qur'an and Muhammed say Christians are of God, it would be nice if you returned the favor, but you probably won't. Intolerance is an ugly thing.

Regards,
Scott

Steve

Jensa said:
Pardon, I'll try to be more direct about making my point next time. Saying that Allah is not God is ridiculous, because Allah means God. You have said nothing but 'God is not God.'
Calling a rock a bird no more makes it a bird.

jamaesi said:
Except that, he did teach the God of the Bible-
He did not teach the God of the bible! The bible teaches Jesus as God the fathers son and that God forgives his true followers because his Justice was served at the Cross!
Why do people try and say every thing is the same, its blatantly obvious that the God described in the bible is not the god described in the koran? If the god described in the bible is the true God then the god mohammed proclaimed is false its that simple.
Is it all part of this whole religious tolerance movement?

jamaesi said:
have you ever noticed how much alike the Bible and Quran are?
How alike are they?
They differ critically on key issues like atonement for sin and salvation, who Jesus is and why he came to earth.

Or about how to act towards unbelievers
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2Timothy 2:24-25

And what do muslims make of the many prophecies in the old testament?
Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:4-6

desiboy said:
You are a brave one to go out on a limb and say that the Qur'an endorses the killing of infidels. You seem to have forgotten the treacheries Christians inflicted on non-christians during the mideival ages, especially during the Crusades.
The Qur'an does speak about killing the disbelievers, but this must only be understood in relation to when the muslims were/are at war with the disbelievers. War must also be understood as only being a last resort, and only if muslims are forcibly stopped from worhipping allah and believing in Him. Other then that, the Qur'an is full of many verses which encourages inter-faith peace.
The Quran does endorse killing of infidels, that is unless they repent of their beliefs of course. How can you say that it encourages inter-faith peace?

So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Qur'an 9:5

They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper. Qur'an 4:89

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people. Qur'an 5:51

just to show a few.

And what of the people who call themselves christian yet dont act as the bible describes they should? Do you judge somthing by those who claim to follow somthing yet arnt? The big difference is that the bible teaches love your enemy and turn the other cheek the koran teaches kill them unless they repent. I cant help but think of Jesus' saying
"If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."John 8:7

Besides how much do you actually know of the real history of the crusades? Do you think that the muslims just sat around and war came to them, so they could start obeying their koran? Ever heard of jihad?

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
OK maybe saying that Allah is the Devil or a Demonic being is too harsh and we cannot know for sure who He is, but from my Christian point of view, or definition, He is a false or counterfeit Christian God. Why settle for a counterfeit when you can have the real thing. Allah in my opinion is a man made God. Made up to fit certain human beliefs. There are many false Gods like this. Allah is not based upon the Christian Bible and should not be compared to the Christian God of the bible. He is very different.

Popeyesays

Steve said:
He did not teach the God of the bible! The bible teaches Jesus as God the fathers son and that God forgives his true followers because his Justice was served at the Cross!
Why do people try and say every thing is the same, its blatantly obvious that the God described in the bible is not the god described in the koran? If the god described in the bible is the true God then the god mohammed proclaimed is false its that simple.
Is it all part of this whole religious tolerance movement?
<SNIP>
Besides how much do you actually know of the real history of the crusades? Do you think that the muslims just sat around and war came to them, so they could start obeying their koran? Ever heard of jihad?
He did teach the God of the Bible. He taught the divine source of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.

"Jihad" is another word that gives people trouble. Know what it means? It does not mean Holy War. It means "struggle".

Al Islam means "the Surrender (to God's will)", and Jihad means the "struggle" to do so.
Muhammed refers to this struggle within oneself as "the Greatest Jihad".

In the Crusades the Muslims did sit back and get invaded. They waged war strictly in defense. A few centuries before they had invaded France through the Pyrenees but were turned back by Charles Martel.

Not only did the Crusaders invade the Holyh Land to conquer it, they initiated the first pogrom against the Jews of Europe as they marched from Germany to Rome. Later they invaded Constantinople and sacked the city with rape and pillage - a city occupied by Christians.

When they sacked Jerusalem they killed everyone, Jew, Christian and Muslim all at once.

Regards,
Scott

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Steve said:
Calling a rock a bird no more makes it a bird.
That's not a fox, that's a kitsune!
That's not a dog, that's a gou!
That's not a cat, that's a chat!
Different languages, same word.

FFH

Veteran Member
Popeyesays said:
The Qur'an and Muhammed say Christians are of God, it would be nice if you returned the favor, but you probably won't. Intolerance is an ugly thing.

Regards,
Scott
I will go even further and say that you, Scott, are a child of God, and my brother and I love you as does God. I only say what I say in love not in hate or intolerance. I belief that most people have a love for all people on earth and want the best for them. Sometimes this love gets messed up. We try to force our beliefs on others. These statements I have made preciously are about Allah not the believers of Allah. I don't think He (Allah) has anyones best interest in mind but himself and I worry about the people who follow Him.

I also want to present the God that I know and love because I love God and ALL of His children. YOU AND AND ALL ON EARTH ARE CHILDREN OF GOD as I am. This fact will never change no matter what God we worship. I only want to help my brothers and sisters on earth and truely you are my brother. Of course we all need to decide who to worship and I definitely tolerate all religions and consider any members of any religion my friend.

Should we all just be silent though and not voice our opinions and beliefs???????

We just have different understandings and beliefs of what God should be. This is a God given right (to choose whomever we will to call God) and should be fought for at all costs. There are those who fight and die for this right every day. I tolerate the religious beliefs of others more than you know but I will not be silent when I feel like my brother or sister is being misled. I hope that someone would do the same for me if I was heading in the wrong direction.

FFH

Veteran Member
Popeyesays said:

Regards,
Scott
I will go even further and say that you, Scott, are a child of God, and my brother and I love you as does God. I only say what I say in love not in hate or intolerance. I belief that most people have a love for all people on earth and want the best for them. Sometimes this love gets messed up. We try to force our beliefs on others. These statements I have made preciously are about Allah not the believers of Allah. I don't think He (Allah) has anyones best interest in mind but himself and I worry about the people who follow Him.

I also want to present the God that I know and love because I love God and ALL of His children. YOU AND AND ALL ON EARTH ARE CHILDREN OF GOD as I am. This fact will never change no matter what God we worship. I only want to help my brothers and sisters on earth and truely you are my brother. Of course we all need to decide who to worship and I definitely tolerate all religions and consider any members of any religion my friend.

Should we all just be silent though and not voice our opinions and beliefs???????

We just have different understandings and beliefs of what God should be. This is a God given right (to choose whomever we will to call God) and should be fought for at all costs. There are those who fight and die for this right every day. I tolerate the religious beliefs of others more than you know but I will not be silent when I feel like my brother or sister is being misled. I hope that someone would do the same for me if I was heading in the wrong direction.

FFH

Veteran Member
Jensa said:
You know Popeye used to make a statement over and over. It was a statement found in the Bible. CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT WAS ???? and does this statement make him the only true and living God????? Does just saying you are God make you the real God of the Bible. Are there just different names for the same God. Unlike a FOX we cannot tell who is behind the God of different religions. We can only know this by faith. Faith is an assurance and assurance comes from scriptures. We are told in the Bible what God should be. We need to choose which scriptures or religious books to believe.

OK give up on what Popeye said?????

Think hard........

Think harder......

Popeye used to say "I AM THAT I AM" which is found in Exodus 3:14

But Popeye said more like this " I Y"AM THAT I Y"AM"

The scripture reads: And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM and he said, Thou shalt say unto the children of Isreal, I AM hath sent me unto you.

almifkhar

faith as an assurance

why do you continue to say that there is one god and that your god is the only true god? do you not see the problem with this kind of thinking. problems like serious divisions between the masses of people which justify wars and conflict of all kinds. the god of islam is the same god as that of the christians and of the jews and even the supreme god of the hindu. it is the same supreme deity of all religions which believe in a supreme god. we all worship differently yet we all have the same goal in the end and this is what is important and which should be understood.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Muhammad's family revered this particular god, and Muhammad declared him to be the only true god. Muhammad did not re-make the pagan god, he simply removed the lower deities from the rites of worship. That is why he never had to explain who Allah was. So Allah is a deified pagan idol converted into a god in the 7th century. Yet Muhammad claimed this was the God of Abraham that was revealed thousands of years earlier to the Biblical prophets.
The God that is worshipped by the Jews and hence also the Christians was just one god out of many in the Jewish pantheon until someone recognized him as the one God above all others. So the same thing happened amongst the Muslims, big deal. If anything, it shows a nice parallelism.

Anyone who is even half way familiar with what's in the Qur'an can see that Muslims worship the same God as Jews and Christians. Jeez Louise, the Jewish prophets and Jesus are mentioned throughout the text. I was just on another thread in the Islam forum talking about Moses in the Qur'an.

This is a ridiculous argument, and frankly Malus, it's one thing to say you don't believe in God(s), that's fine, and quite another to be attacking one particular religion. I don't understand why you're doing it, especially if you have no stake in this God.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
funny Malus how you seem to be fond of posting trollish things about Islam then a post or two later adding that you "arn't trying to be insulting"

frankly I think you are doing exactly what you intend to be doing. I commend the patient responces by all those that your posts are directed tword.

The irony of your claming to be Athiest and then using the Bible to attack Islam is, to me anyway, highly amusing. :biglaugh:

wa:do

FFH

Veteran Member
almifkhar said:
faith as an assurance

why do you continue to say that there is one god and that your god is the only true god? do you not see the problem with this kind of thinking. problems like serious divisions between the masses of people which justify wars and conflict of all kinds. the god of islam is the same god as that of the christians and of the jews and even the supreme god of the hindu. it is the same supreme deity of all religions which believe in a supreme god. we all worship differently yet we all have the same goal in the end and this is what is important and which should be understood.
Wars happen only because of ignorance of whom God really is. He is a God of Love and of Mercy and has sent a Savior Jesus Christ to save us all from our sins. He even provides the Holy Ghost (a member of the Godhead) to whisper to our minds and our thoughts as to whom He really is. God can use the Holy Ghost to testify to a mans heart and mind as to whether the God you follow is a true God or a false one. I am neither ignorant of whom God is not intolerant of other peoples religions. If a war starts it is because of anger not because of a discussion of who God is and should be.

I would hate to think that anyone here would want to harm me because of my beliefs or statements made here. This is against the nature of God. He would and does tolerate all religions and people. He is very merciful and just God. I don't know how each individual thinks on the matter of God. I do know that from the statement that MULAR or Scott made that Allah is the God of the Moon. This is not the God that I know. The God that I know is the God of this Universe and everything in it. Not just the God of the moon.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Faith... I think you are missing the point...

That as far as Islam is concerned we all worship the same god just in different ways. :cool:

wa:do

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
OK maybe saying that Allah is the Devil or a Demonic being is too harsh and we cannot know for sure who He is, but from my Christian point of view, or definition, He is a false or counterfeit Christian God.
Allah is the SAME GOD as the Christian God! Allah is the God of Abraham! It's just another name for the same God. As the OP says, Allah literally means "the god." Is Jehovah God, in your opinion? How about Adonai? Or Abba?

Allah in my opinion is a man made God.
Oh so now we're just going on opinion. Well, that changes everything. :rolleyes:

Allah is not based upon the Christian Bible and should not be compared to the Christian God of the bible. He is very different.
From whence do you speak? It is surely from ignorance. You got the same cast of characters going on in the Qur'an as you do in the bible - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael, Moses, Mary, Jesus, and God. The same God creates Adam. The same God chooses Abraham. The same God reveals Himself to Moses. The same God sends Jesus. Yes, there are real differences in the stories but I don't see how you can rightly say this is a different, made-up God. What is he then, God's almost identical evil twin?

You want to say that the Muslims got key parts of the story wrong? Go ahead. Knock yourself out. But it's ridiculous to say that it's a completely different God.

I really don't understand how monotheists can insist that there is only one God and then say that someone is worshipping the wrong god. If there is only one God, then you're all worshipping the same God. Some people might have gotten the story wrong about the one God but they are still worshipping the same God.

You know, as a Mormon, you recognize a book that is separate from the bible and that many other Christians do not recognize as valid. It seems to me that you are skating on thin ice if you're going to base your argument solely on the bible.

FFH

Veteran Member
True there are similarities Lilithu and I am not ignorant of these.

There are also similarities when looking at a counterfeit dollar bill, but if you look closely there are differences. You would not accept a dollar bill if you knew it was counterfeit. It would be worthless to you unless you passed it on to another without pointing out the differences.

Mular and I are merely pointing out the differences and suggesting that the origins of Allah are quite different than that of the Christian God. Something can seem right but can lead to something all wrong. The Devil is very sneaky. He uses any tactic he can to lull people into any religion he wants. He slowly puts us to sleep and we get comfortable in our own religion. Think for yourself and choose a religion based on your own thoughts about who God should be and hpw we should treat others. The Christian God will win out every time. I don't settle for counterfeits.
Look more closely at the Quran and you will see it is a counterfeit of true Christianity or the true God of the bible.

"There is a way that seems right unto man, but the end thereof are the ways of death".
Proverbs 14:12

Steve

Popeyesays said:
He did teach the God of the Bible. He taught the divine source of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.
Did he teach that God's justice was served at the cross on behalf of those who whould truly follow him? That this was Gods way of having his justice served yet not condeming sinners to hell? Christ made atonement for sinners who would repent and turn to God, is this somthing the muslim god did? What of the prophecies etc from the old testament, like the one i posted earlier?

Jensa said:
Actually no, different languages, different words, but same thing - and you know why because of that which identifies each thing as a dog or cat etc.
There are attributes and actions that define who God is and what the God in the bible has done.
Like i mentioned earlier, the God of the bible made atonment for sinners on the cross - if the muslim god didnt then they are not the same! Its really not difficult, if this was any other issue there would not even be a disscussion.
If i said i saw your car today and then said it was red and had 6 wheels and you said to me no you couldnt have, its blue and has 3 wheels, then obviously one of us is wrong.
Yet many of you seem to be saying no, your both right, you both worship the same God but this makes no sense.

I worship God who sent his son and who died on a Cross to pay for my sins, if this isnt the God you worship then we dont worship the same God.

He would and does tolerate all religions and people. He is very merciful and just God.
This i strongly disagree with also, the God of the bible strongly condemns idolatary - God wrote in stone "you shall have no other Gods befor me"

the bible speaking of Christ states-
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved Acts 4:12

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. john 3:18

yet muslims would claim God has no son, either he does or he dosnt, they are either right or they are wrong - Christians and Muslims cannot both be right though.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Mular and I are merely pointing out the differences and suggesting that the origins of Allah are quite different than that of the Christian God.
And as I pointed out in my first post, the origins of Allah are NOT that different from the origins of the Christian God.

Think for yourself and choose a religion based on your own thoughts about who God should be and hpw we should treat others. The Christian God will win out every time.
Funny, I do think for myself and my brain tells me that if there is ONE God, then the Christian God is the same God as the Jewish God is the same God as the Muslim God. My brain tells me that if God is good and loving, which I know God to be, then God doesn't care about all this crap that you're arguing about.

You are the kind of Christian that makes non-Christians hate Christianity, which is a real shame, because Jesus taught a beautiful religion of love. If the Devil is as sneaky as you say, be careful that he hasn't fooled you. Goodbye.

FFH

Veteran Member
I would rather be hated by others and be at peace with myself than have others love me and be in torment.

"If the world hate you, you know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you our of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
John 15:18-19

"Marvel not, my bretheren, if the world hate you.
! John 3:13

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
" This word has been found in pre-islamic writings and other archeological finds. At the Kabah in Mecca 360 gods were worshipped, but it was built especially for the chief deity - the moon god. Allah was the personal title of the moon god. Allah was married to the sun goddess. They produced three daughters, whose worship Muhammad would later make the mistake of condoning. The crescent moon symbol of Arabia came from this god.
Muhammad's family revered this particular god, and Muhammad declared him to be the only true god. Muhammad did not re-make the pagan god, he simply removed the lower deities from the rites of worship. That is why he never had to explain who Allah was. So Allah is a deified pagan idol converted into a god in the 7th century. Yet Muhammad claimed this was the God of Abraham that was revealed thousands of years earlier to the Biblical prophets.
Nonsense, I already answered the like of this thread. Whoever said this is totally ignorant about Islam and the message of Islam. Next time go and read before coming up with such articles and supporting them. And thank you Malus for your apparent hatred for Muslims. The truth will be known and for sure if you won't know it in this life Malus you will know it later in the afterlife but that would be, and sorry to say, too late.
For you information the priests or Christians in general who live in the Arab countries call God Allah also.
Throughtout the whole Quran there are so many verses talking about who is Allah and His attributes.
Next time before posting something watch your words and know what you posting. If you want to know about Islam and you have questions you are welcome, but this kind of posts are not welcomed, for your intention is not to know but just to attack.