• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah is not God (Islams)

desiboy

Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same G-d, just in different ways and by different names.
are you saying that christian trinity is the same as a monotheistic belief like in islam?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
are you saying that christian trinity is the same as a monotheistic belief like in islam?
I really don´t understand the trinity even though I was raised Christian and have asked so many preachers about it so I´m not going to say this for sure. :/ But from my vague understanding there is just one G-d and those are just different facets of G-d, but G-d is still one... well, one being.

But I will stand by what I said before- they are all worshiping the same God, just in different ways (which could explain the whole trinity thing) and by different names.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Here, I poked around RT for a bit and came up with this page.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/comp_rel.htm

Trinity: belief in a single deity who has three aspects (e.g. historical Christianity, whose members generally believe in Trinity formed by a Father, Son and Holy Spirit). Christians often look upon God as being omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and omnibeneficient (all knowning, all powerful, all present and all good.) Some liberal Christians believe that such a list of attributes is logically contradictory.

Monotheism: Thebelief in a single God. Examples include Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism). Within Christianity, most denominations consider themselves to be monotheistic, even though they teach the existence of three separate persons in the Trinity. Some believe that religiously inspired violence is often found among monotheists.

FFH

Veteran Member
I think that Malus has a valid point. Allah is not God as in the Christian God. I think Allah is a counterfeit to the real God of christianity. It makes me nervous to think that so many people may be worshipping a FALSE GOD. acoording to the last post the Islam religion is growing while christianity is decreasing. This makes me very nervous. Not because of the people of Islam but becasue of what one man may do in the name of Islam and the Quran (Purge the world of christianity)

I think what the religion of Islam is saying is that our God (Allah) is different from your christian God. I don't see any people of Islam trying to murge their beliefs and culture with christians at all. If their God (Allah) is the same as our Christian God then why does the Quran talk about purging the world of Christians or western influences, and as in the case of Alqaedo, go as far as to kill all christians or westerners in order to spread Islam throughout the world. Of course I know that this is an extremist group and that the majority of Muslims are peaceful people.

If you look up the word Alqaeda on www.dictionary.com the definition of this word clearly states that alqaeda is using Islamic fundamentalists beliefs or rule to PURGE the Muslim countries of westerners. This site also states that their are 50 Alqaeda cells throughout the world. This says to me that at the heart of the Quran there is an opposition to Christans or westerners.

Does Islam OPPOSE christianity. Is it an anti-christian religion. Sure their are similarities between the Quran and the Bible. Isn't this a sly trick of the Devil to influence so many people into believing that REAL CHRISTIANITY is EVIL.

I THINK THAT MALUS HAS A GOOD POINT.

I want to know is ALLAH God or not? Is Allah a Christian God or not. If not then Allah is a false God. The opposite of God. which would make him a Devil or a Demon. A Demonic being.

desiboy

if the trinity is really only showing the different facets of god....wait im confused:help:
1. jesus was, according to christians, the summit of forgiveness, with the if your slapped on one cheek, turn the other thing. So, if jesus represented the the forgiveness of "God", then wouldn't that make "God" the father represent the wrath of God?

2. Is the whole trinity equal? i.e, is any part of it superior or more dominant over the others?

3. so Jesus was sitting at the right hand of God for all eternity. why doesn't the bible tell anything of him as a God, namely how he created the universe?

4. off topic a bit, but now you got me thinking. If jesus was a perfect man, and a perfect god, was he superior to God the Father, who made no claim to be a perfect man, but just, in my view, would be assumed to be a perfect god?

almifkhar

malus, i am not going to get into citing verses or surahs. all i have to say is this. god is god is god. it matters not what name you prefer to call the supreme deity or what religion you chose to worship. if in the religion there is a supreme god than this god has many names and many cults of worship. the god of the quran is the same as the god in the bible and is the same as the god in the vitas.

desiboy

Faith_is_an_assurance said:
I think that Malus has a valid point. Allah is not God as in the Christian God. I think Allah is a counterfeit to the real God of christianity. It makes me nervous to think that so many people may be worshipping a FALSE GOD. acoording to the last post the Islam religion is growing while christianity is decreasing. This makes me very nervous. Not because of the people of Islam but becasue of what one man may do in the name of Islam and the Quran (Purge the world of christianity)

I think what the religion of Islam is saying is that our God (Allah) is different from your christian God. I don't see any people of Islam trying to murge their beliefs and culture with christians at all. If their God (Allah) is the same as our Christian God then why does the Quran talk about purging the world of Christians or western influences, and as in the case of Alqaedo, go as far as to kill all christians or westerners in order to spread Islam throughout the world. Of course I know that this is an extremist group and that the majority of Muslims are peaceful people.

If you look up the word Alqaeda on www.dictionary.com the definition of this word clearly states that alqaeda is using Islamic fundamentalists beliefs or rule to PURGE the Muslim countries of westerners. This site also states that their are 50 Alqaeda cells throughout the world. This says to me that at the heart of the Quran there is an opposition to Christans or westerners.

Does Islam OPPOSE christianity. Is it an anti-christian religion. Sure their are similarities between the Quran and the Bible. Isn't this a sly trick of the Devil to influence so many people into believing that REAL CHRISTIANITY is EVIL.

I want to know is ALLAH God or not? Is Allah a Christian God or not. If not then Allah is a false God. The opposite of God. which would make him a Devil or a Demon. A Demonic being.
If you think that Allah is the God which Christians perceive as God the Father, creator of the universe, master of the day of judgement, etc., then you are correct. But if you think that muslims endorse the concept of God having a son in the form of jesus, then you are wrong. Muslims believe god is one, and there is no crack in /his unity.

You are a brave one to go out on a limb and say that the Qur'an endorses the killing of infidels. You seem to have forgotten the treacheries Christians inflicted on non-christians during the mideival ages, especially during the Crusades.
The Qur'an does speak about killing the disbelievers, but this must only be understood in relation to when the muslims were/are at war with the disbelievers. War must also be understood as only being a last resort, and only if muslims are forcibly stopped from worhipping allah and believing in Him. Other then that, the Qur'an is full of many verses which encourages inter-faith peace.

The holy prophet also encouraged peace between people of different faiths. I will relate a Ahadith (saying of the holy prophet). Once, a funeral procession was going by the Holy Prophet. The procession was of a Jew, and while it was going by him, the Holy Prophet stood up in respect. When the procession passed, one of his companions asked,
"O messenger of Allah! Why did you stand up for the funeral march of this Jew?"
the holy prophet replied,
"was he not a human being?"
So, peace and common respect first, then religious differences.

i don't know what you mean by anti-christian. isn't every religion opposed to some views of the other? If not, then we would all be one big happy family:) .

DEFINE REAL CHRISTIANITY.

FFH

Veteran Member
STAY ON TOPIC. ALLAH IS NOT GOD (AS STATED IN THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE).

I believe that Allah is a Demon or the Devil himself. I believe that Allah is Lucifer, Satan, Anti-christian, etc.

I know this is a strong statement and it is not meant to offend any Muslims who read this. I sincerely love all Muslims, as does God and want to see them come to a knowledge of the true and living God of the Bible not some counterfeit mentioned in the Quran. I again want to state that I know that the majority of people of Islam are peaceful people and clearly very dedicated to their religion. I only question who they are worshipping. God or the Devil or a Demonic being.

I had a Christian boss who had immigrated from Egypt and was persecuted by the Muslims as a Christian. He was an Egyptian and spoke Arabic. He was familiar with the Quran and Islam. His brother lived in the Persian Gulf area and had to flea when Saddam Hussein invaded that area.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I know this is a strong statement and it is not meant to offend any Muslims who read this. I sincerely love all Muslims, as does God and want to see them come to a knowledge of the true and living God of the Bible not some counterfeit mentioned in the Quran. I again want to state that I know that the majority of people of Islam are peaceful people and clearly very dedicated to their religion. I only question who they are worshipping. God or the Devil or a Demonic being.
If Muslims are worshipping Satan, so are you.

It´s the same G-d, like it or not. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all follow the same G-d and are closely related. Just because you don´t like what the Quran is misconstructed as- because last time I read mine, it said to live in peace with the brothers of the book (Christians and Jews) not slaughter them- doesn´t make it demon-worship.

And praytell, how could the Quran be against Western influence when it was written before Columbus sailed the ocean blue?

FFH

Veteran Member
There is only one God and only one Godhead (God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost). All other Gods can be assumed to be false Gods.

This is my definition of God and the Godhead.

If Allah fits into this definition then he is truely the God of us all, but if not then He is a false God as Malus has stated. He is not God as stated in the Christian Bilble. He is a counterfeit. I say this in love and mean no malice by it. I merely would like Muslims to question who they are worshipping.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
It´s the same G-d, just worshipped in different ways. Allah isn´t a "different" G-d.

Maybe you´re the one that needs to do the questioning of who you worship. How can you be so sure? How can anyone?

Popeyesays

There is only one God and only one Godhead (God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost). All other Gods can be assumed to be false Gods.

This is my definition of God and the Godhead.

If Allah fits into this definition then he is truely the God of us all, but if not then He is a false God as Malus has stated. He is not God as stated in the Christian Bilble. He is a counterfeit. I say this in love and mean no malice by it. I merely would like Muslims to question who they are worshipping.
Your definition would make Jews non - God worshippers to, you understand. Your definition of God says that the Burning BUsh at Sinai was a "false" god.

Did you really mean to say that when Jesus says JUST the opposite?

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

desiboy said:
Not all of Christianity accepts the notion of the Trinity, you know.

If you search the Bible for
trinity" the word never ap[pears.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

I would point out that fundamentalist Christians have been used as terror bombers by those who uphold a political belief (Right to Life). They have also been used as assassins to kill doctors who perform procedures. This is an act of terror that they justify by CHRISTIAN beliefs. Are they right to do so? Are they any better than Al Qaeda terrorists because their motives are purer?

Using religion to recruit terrorists is an act of evil for sure. If you can't blame Christ for Christians who murder individuals and blow up clinics, then you cannot blame Muhammed for muslims who do the same thing.

Not and be ethical and just in your speech anyway.

I think it is postulating hatred, prejudice and intolerance actually.

I tell you what, when you stand before God in judgement you will know for sure. Try not to spend this life postulating hatred, prejudice and intolerance and convince God you were doing HIS will.

Regards,
Scott

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jamaesi said:
It´s the same G-d, just worshipped in different ways. Allah isn´t a "different" G-d.

Many Christians and Jews I know would take issue with this.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Darkdale said:
Many Christians and Jews I know would take issue with this.
Muslims I know would take issue with it being said that they worship the Devil, but I guess that's different.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jamaesi said:
Do you have proof or just statements?

Do you? This is purely a matter of opinion isn't it? I thought I'd just let everyone know that you weren't speaking from a position of authority. Many people disagree with you. So don't speak as if it's a fact that they are all the same god. Just state it as your own subjective opinion. Personally, I have no opinion. Not one of the gods I worry much about. ;)

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Jensa said:
Muslims I know would take issue with it being said that they worship the Devil, but I guess that's different.

Yes. I would imagine that is very different. But as a heathen, who has to deal with fundamentalist muslims and christians telling me I worship the devil all the time, I have very little sympathy for them. They'd need to send their complaints elsewhere. :cool: