• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A town built for Blacks. Made by Blacks. (No whites allowed save for a few select)

PureX

Veteran Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Whites do do this, see Sundown Town's.

Sundown town - Wikipedia

Since whites can and do this, it shouldn't be hard for the Blacks especially since its only 97 acres.
It's not just Sundown towns. Such as, newly developed urban communities often would explicitly prohibit black families from moving in even though beating and killing black people after sunset wasn't the norm. Black people just weren't allowed. Like it was the case in the entire state of Oregon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I actually like that.
I would hope they don't have to take the Tulsa black massacre with them. That's probably why pro-black white people are allowed but not just any white people. That way their politicians aren't executed, their business owners and doctors aren't slaughtered, and they aren't legally relegated to poverty and segregation.

LightofTruth

Because one is somebody who is supposed to be protecting civilians doing the exact opposite. The other is the result of poverty disproportionately affecting black communities due to histories of racist policies, leading to poorer black communities being more significantly targeted by criminal elements and gang activity.

One is newsworthy because the person doing the killing is supposed to actually be protecting the people they killed, and the other largely isn't because gang warfare, violence and murder are practically everyday events for a society that marginalises the poor and normalizes violence for profit.

Are we to ask the police to protect us from something we have already been defeated by ourselves?

If blacks are killing other blacks as the result of poverty, how can the police protect anyone from that?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. What I get from reading this quite long and informative article, with a few multi-syllable words in it - if that makes it "lefty" - is that it is not intended to be exclusively for blacks:

"It's impossible to have anything exclusively Black because our families are integrated," says Scott. "We are an integrated, tolerant and diverse community even as Black people, so we don't intend for it to be exclusively Black, but we do intend for it to be pro Black in every way."

Also, informatively, the article mentions that previous black townships have existed in the USA since the end of the c.19th, for instance Hobson City Alabama, a former black ghetto which was given its own status in 1899. It is still almost exclusively black to this day, a triumph of US racial integration.

(Speaking as a Englishman who has frequently voted Conservative, I do appreciate the effort you have made to indulge my "lefty" prejudices;).)
"...What I get from reading this quite long and informative article...is that it is not intended to be exclusively for blacks:..."

Thanks for saving us all the time we might have wasted considering the confused and alarmist title of this thread.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Are we to ask the police to protect us from something we have already been defeated by ourselves?

If blacks are killing other blacks as the result of poverty, how can the police protect anyone from that?
Wow. This is one of the most confused posts I've ever read.

You do understand that these issues don't just start with the police, right? It's about alleviating societal and historical injustice. It's about investing in black communities to undo decades of systemic oppression and creating a society where they are no longer under the same constraints. It's about creating a fairer society not just for black people, but all disadvantaged groups so that everybody - regardless of background - finally is able to grow up in a country that feels like it values them.

Do you understand?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Most blacks are killed by other blacks. It's the same with whites. They kill each other. But they don't want to talk about that. They want to focus on the white guy who killed the black guy.
No, the policeman (official upholder and enforcer of justice) who kills blacks. Bit different, that.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would hope they don't have to take the Tulsa black massacre with them. That's probably why pro-black white people are allowed but not just any white people. That way their politicians aren't executed, their business owners and doctors aren't slaughtered, and they aren't legally relegated to poverty and segregation.
What is the criteria for a pro black white person?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This explains it a lot better. Thanks.

Looks more like a commune with specific values.
Honestly, it looks a lot more like a campground than a town.

Our aim is to be a premier recreational, educational, and cultural destination for Black families across the African diaspora.

Still a good thing. I'd visit it.
But it's not a town. It's not named Wakanda. It's not just for blacks.

@Twilight Hue , almost nothing in your OP is true.
Tom