• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A town built for Blacks. Made by Blacks. (No whites allowed save for a few select)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This reminds me of something that happened in Nova Scotia a ways back.

Africville - Wikipedia
Its a shame Thunder Bay among other areas of Canada couldn't have the same type of thing for its Inuit population. There's a lot of bad blood going on there.

I do like the idea of an educational community where people can go and learn history and culture of any givin people.

Twilight Hue

Honestly, it looks a lot more like a campground than a town.

Still a good thing. I'd visit it.
But it's not a town. It's not named Wakanda. It's not just for blacks.

@Twilight Hue , almost nothing in your OP is true.
Tom
Even if its so, its still designed for exclusivity.

I dont have a personal issue with it, but I do see how things like this can create issues.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, it would be racist either way.

If it's Black only, then there are other races which would be excluded, not just whites. Native Americans, most Hispanics (except for Black Hispanics), Asians, Pacific Islanders.

For anyone interested, here is their official page:

The Freedom Georgia Initiative – Building It for Ourselves!
The OP is batch of Trumpish fake news.
Looking at their website, it's a completely different story.
Tom

LightofTruth

Wow. This is one of the most confused posts I've ever read.

You do understand that these issues don't just start with the police, right? It's about alleviating societal and historical injustice. It's about investing in black communities to undo decades of systemic oppression and creating a society where they are no longer under the same constraints. It's about creating a fairer society not just for black people, but all disadvantaged groups so that everybody - regardless of background - finally is able to grow up in a country that feels like it values them.

Do you understand?
I guess they simply want a nice peaceful and safe town where they can all be black together.

How bout a nice peaceful and safe town where we can all love one another no matter what color you are.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The simple act of separating ourselves from others based on characteristics such as colour (or religion, or ethnicity, or sexual inclination) is inherently racist, sexist, religionist, etc.. "I choose to be with people like me, and people not like me should not seek to join our club." That's not a healthy way for humans to live on our crowded little planet.

MLK was quite right -- we must accept everyone who is not behaving very badly, though we do not need to make everyone our friend. But when you make your friends based -- not on their colour, their ethnicity, their sexuality, their gender, their religion -- on the content of their character alone, then you may be getting somewhere.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How bout a nice peaceful and safe town where we can all love one another no matter what color you are.
That's what the founders are trying to do.

It's the OP, and others like him, misrepresenting it as racist. They're flat out lying about it. But, this is the Trump era. You have to expect it.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If things go bad they won't be able to blame the color of their skin.
If things go well they'll assume it was the color of their skin which will discourage racial diversity.
Only if you believe that the OP is honest and accurate.
It's not. It's a concoction.

<from a solid Trump supporter I can't help but point out->

Tom

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I guess they simply want a nice peaceful and safe town where they can all be black together.

Because they haven't found such a place anywhere in their area...so they decided to create one...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What is the criteria for a pro black white person?
Accepting the history and contemporary factors of racism and racist policy in America is a good start I would think. Amd not being afraid of black males. Or going on about how black women are tempermental.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

You've not addressed a single thing I've written. But, whatever.

As we have firmly established, the project is not just for black people, but for any people who are not racist.

Sounds to me that "a nice peaceful and safe town where we can all love one another no matter what color you are" is exactly what they ARE building.

Twilight Hue

My first thought was 'why is this the possibly racist activity that drives @Twilight Hue to start a thread?'
Because I want to illustrate the double standard and hypocrisy that exists.

Face it, if whites did the same exact thing in every way, including the attributed benevolence in terms of accepting pro blacks in kind, it doesn't require a brain surgeon on just how things will go over with that.

A converse proposal will attract the worst bile imaginable, and that includes a fair share of the many opinions expressed here on RF.

Tambourine

Because I want to illustrate the double standard and hypocrisy that exists.

Face it, if whites did the same exact thing in every way, including the attributed benevolence in terms of accepting pro blacks in kind, it doesn't require a brain surgeon on just how things will go over with that.

A converse proposal will attract the worst bile imaginable, and that includes a fair share of the many opinions expressed here on RF.
American Whites have done the exact same thing and more for the past century.

Sundown town - Wikipedia

Blockbusting - Wikipedia

Redlining - Wikipedia

How did that go over?