• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A town built for Blacks. Made by Blacks. (No whites allowed save for a few select)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Because I want to illustrate the double standard and hypocrisy that exists.

Face it, if whites did the same exact thing in every way, including the attributed benevolence in terms of accepting pro blacks in kind, it doesn't require a brain surgeon on just how things will go over with that.

A converse proposal will attract the worst bile imaginable, and that includes a fair share of the many opinions expressed here on RF.
I think you'll find the idea of towns existing that were set up by white people and are welcoming to black people as long as they are friendly towards white people and the interests of white people is not considered a particularly heinous proposal.

Because that describes literally every city in America.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That they're approximately the opposite of what's going on here.
Sundown towns were created to invite and enforce racism. This endeavor is created to avoid racism.
Tom
So how is the latter set up regarded as avoiding racism?

Or is it a form of escapism?

The only other thing is this can possibly be viewed as an attempt to create a defacto reservation for black communities.

Twilight Hue

I think you'll find the idea of towns existing that were set up by white people and are welcoming to black people as long as they are friendly towards white people and the interests of white people is not considered a particularly heinous proposal.

Because that describes literally every city in America.
If that is the case, if its comparatively the same as any city in America, then why is race even being brought to the forefront at all?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So how is the latter set up regarded as avoiding racism?

Or is it a form of escapism?

The only other thing is this can possibly be viewed as an attempt to create a defacto reservation for black communities.
Except that they have explicitly stated it is not only for black people.

So, this view is not justified.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
How is it not? You can't say its not selective.
Do you understand the difference between "seperationist" and "selective"?

If your definition of "seperationist" is just "they have criteria (not based on any protected characteristics) as to who can live there", then virtually EVERY community in America is "seperationist".

MNoBody

20040222GolfB.png

Twilight Hue

Do you understand the difference between "seperationist" and "selective"?

If your definition of "seperationist" is just "they have criteria (not based on any protected characteristics) as to who can live there", then virtually EVERY community in America is "seperationist".
I'd say the terms are interchangeable. Even so far as to say they are homogenous.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Only if they advertise it. Thats the difference and my answer to your question
What are you talking about? All they're saying is that they don't want racists in their community.

I find that a lot less objectionable than, say, passing a credit check. A community which says "You can live here as long as you aren't racist" seems a lot more inclusive and less problematic than a community which says "You can live here as long as you have always had a stable income, or have a nuclear family, or have no criminal record, or aren't immigrants", etc.

Twilight Hue

What are you talking about? All they're saying is that they don't want racists in their community.

I find that a lot less objectionable than, say, passing a credit check. A community which says "You can live here as long as you aren't racist" seems a lot more inclusive and less problematic than a community which says "You can live here as long as you have always had a stable income, or have a nuclear family, or have no criminal record, or aren't immigrants", etc.
What defines a racist exactly? What if a black person there is racist toward whites? Will that person be disqualified for residency?

MNoBody

a rascist would be a person exhibiting prejudice based on external differences....rascism is a social policy to be this way, not an individual action....so, a difference between the 2 terms

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
What defines a racist exactly?
Belief that one race is superior to the other (usually directed societally in the form of oppression against minority ethnic groups or the empowerment of certain races over others).

I really don't see why I have to define it, at this stage.

What if a black person there is racist toward whites? Will that person be disqualified for residency?
I'm fairly certain a society which welcomes all races doesn't welcome racism.

And why are you asking me? Perhaps you could ask them, if you have concerns? They have a contact form and email address on their website:

Contact – The Freedom Georgia Initiative

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Because I want to illustrate the double standard and hypocrisy that exists.

Face it, if whites did the same exact thing in every way, including the attributed benevolence in terms of accepting pro blacks in kind, it doesn't require a brain surgeon on just how things will go over with that.

A converse proposal will attract the worst bile imaginable, and that includes a fair share of the many opinions expressed here on RF.

Isn't it ironic that you're trying to illustrate supposed hypocrisy by posting when whites are hard done by and not blacks?

I'd struggle with the cognitive dissonance involved, personally.