• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question for Creationists

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Are you freaking kidding me, you gave one Verse and I gave you 5 Verse's.
I linked to the exact same five verses you linked to.

And no, I am not kidding you, stop asking.

Which also if you read the whole Chapter 3, but then you can't even make sense out of one verse, let along the whole chapter.
Then please explain which verses specifically alter this passage from meaning, in plain English, "always be ready to give reasons, even to those who mean you evil", to meaning "actually, don't do that ever."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you freaking kidding me, you gave one Verse and I gave you 5 Verse's.

Which also if you read the whole Chapter 3, but then you can't even make sense out of one verse, let along the whole chapter.
It does not matter how many verses you gave, they still do not give you an excuse for ignoring the one.

Faithofchristian

Wrong again. I proved how ignorant you are about your own Bible. You can't explain Revelation. At best you can only refer to your own prejudices. Pointing out that the author of the book was truly nuts is an explanation.

You appear to be making the mistake of thinking that Revelation is "scripture".

Just because you can't make no sense of the book of Revelation, doesn't mean a thing.
That's why the book of Revelation was written in the way it was written.
To make those who think they are wise, Unwise in their foolishness.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Well, what do YOU think they're saying? Because they definitely aren't saying "Don't give people reasons why you believe, especially if they are evil".

I still think it's disturbing that he has managed to convince himself that everyone who disagrees with him or his methods is evil.

While very convenient for him, I find it destructive to polite discourse. There is no pretty way to handle someone like that. No matter what you say, you are evil to him, as am I for pointing out his insulting behaviour.

I feel the only way to deal with this is to report him when ever he refuses to back down from his insulting and disrespectful behaviour.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I suppose someone really wants to have a kindergarten style shouting match.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just because you can't make no sense of the book of Revelation, doesn't mean a thing.
That's why the book of Revelation was written in the way it was written.
To make those who think they are wise, Unwise in their foolishness.
Now you are just being silly. No, that is not the reason that Revelation was written that way. You need to quit jumping to such foolish conclusions.

And I did make sense of it. Pointing out the flaws in it allows one to see that it is not worth much.

Faithofchristian

It does not matter how many verses you gave, they still do not give you an excuse for ignoring the one.

Had you understood the whole chapter, then you would see how all the Verse's fit together.
But all you do is cherry pick out one verse and leave all the others undone.

All the Verse's goes together. And not just one, as you think

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I still think it's disturbing that he has managed to convince himself that everyone who disagrees with him or his methods is evil.

While very convenient for him, I find it destructive to polite discourse. There is no pretty way to handle someone like that. No matter what you say, you are evil to him, as am I for pointing out his insulting behaviour.

I feel the only way to deal with this is to report him when ever he refuses to back down from his insulting and disrespectful behaviour.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I suppose someone really wants to have a kindergarten style shouting match.
Cognitive dissonance is a must if one wants to maintain a religious belief. When one's beliefs are shown to be wrong, especially religious beliefs, one will often do mental back flips to explain the obvious flaws in their reasoning. Actual logic leads to disbelief and they can't have that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Had you understood the whole chapter, then you would see how all the Verse's fit together.
But all you do is cherry pick out one verse and leave all the others undone.

All the Verse's goes together. And not just one, as you think

Nope, you are the one that is guilty of cherry picking. Try again the verses that you gave did not give an excuse for ignoring the first verse given to you.

Faithofchristian

Now you are just being silly. No, that is not the reason that Revelation was written that way. You need to quit jumping to such foolish conclusions.

And I did make sense of it. Pointing out the flaws in it allows one to see that it is not worth much.

You see just proved my point again.
You no knowledge or understanding what the book of Revelation is about.

That's why Revelation is put together the way it's put together.
To show just how foolishness People really are.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You see just proved my point again.
You no knowledge or understanding what the book of Revelation is about.

That's why Revelation is put together the way it's put together.
To show just how foolishness People really are.

You have no point and will not face up to reality. Worse yet you can't interpret Revelation yourself. Please, just because you don't understand crazy people does not mean that no one does. Sometimes one just says "He's crazy" and ignores him. It is so sad that you do not understand or know the history of the Bible at all.

Faithofchristian

Nope, you are the one that is guilty of cherry picking. Try again the verses that you gave did not give an excuse for ignoring the first verse given to you.

That's only because you can't make sense of the whole chapter. If read all the chapter
Then all the Verse's will make sense.

But as it is, you can't even make sense of one verse let alone the whole chapter.

What your doing, is taking one verse and cancel out all the other Verse's

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That's only because you can't make sense of the whole chapter. If read all the chapter
Then all the Verse's will make sense.

But as it is, you can't even make sense of one verse let alone the whole chapter.

What your doing, is taking one verse and cancel out all the other Verse's
I've already asked you multiple times to explain what context changes the explicit meaning of these verses, and you have yet to do any such thing.

What's more, YOU are the one who quoted these five verses from the chapter and then RADICALLY misread them, then backed off as soon as we corrected you, and now you're saying that those five verses (which you originally brought up) are irrelevant and you need even MORE context.

This is getting ridiculous.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey if that's your bag, to believe in the Lock Ness monster. Why would that bother me.

Why would I care, whether it's real or not, if that's what you believe, go for it.

Now suppose that I was trying to get my ideas about the Loch Ness monster into the schools? Suppose that I was pushing politicians to support the 'controversy' about the Loch Ness monster? What if I made the claim that anyone who doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster is immoral and cannot be happy?

What would you say then?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you really believe that I would care what you believe.
Just don't tell me what I am to believe, and everything will be just fine.

I don't come here going about telling people what they are to believe and what not to believe.

That's their bag, what people want to believe and not to believe.

If I believe that there's a God, What's that to you.
If you want to believe in the Spaghetti Monster, What's that to me, But nothing,
I'm sure not going to ask you to prove that the Spaghetti Monster exist. If that's your bag, Then go for it.

Therefore if I choose to believe in God.
What's that to you.

And as long as you aren't pushing your ideas into the schools and into politics, I don't really care. People have the right to believe anything they want, but they don't have the right to be taken seriously if they believe in non-sense.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

*** Mod Post: Please keep Rules 1 and 8 in mind ***

1. Personal Comments About Members and Staff

Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.

8. Preaching/Proselytizing

Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.

RF Rules

Faithofchristian

And as long as you aren't pushing your ideas into the schools and into politics, I don't really care. People have the right to believe anything they want, but they don't have the right to be taken seriously if they believe in non-sense.

No but you don't mind, pushing your ideas into schools and politics. So what goes around comes around.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No but you don't mind, pushing your ideas into schools and politics. So what goes around comes around.

And that is why we require evidence for what is taught. We don't teach every wild idea out there: only those with substantial backing by the evidence. For this, we *do* have a burden of proof showing existence of those things taught

Faithofchristian

Now suppose that I was trying to get my ideas about the Loch Ness monster into the schools? Suppose that I was pushing politicians to support the 'controversy' about the Loch Ness monster? What if I made the claim that anyone who doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster is immoral and cannot be happy?

What would you say then?

How many times do I have to say this, before it sinks in. If you believe in the lock Ness monster, go for it.