• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 FOX News Lies in Six Seconds...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is....when it happens. Work ranging from less than great journalism to prejudiced screeds can occur pretty much anywhere. One should be skeptical at all times.

True. I try to look at both sides of an issue that is being reported and see what lies around, if anything, that remains untouched by unnecessary stretching and pulling.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If America gets its news from Fox, then that's a clear indication that this country is severely dumbing down to the point whereas some can't tell the difference between news and propaganda.

Wasn't there a study a few years ago that came to the conclusion that Fox News watchers, in general, had lower IQ's, and thus were more easily led to believed the constant barrage of one liner misinformation?

Does anyone have information on that?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Wasn't there a study a few years ago that came to the conclusion that Fox News watchers, in general, had lower IQ's, and thus were more easily led to believed the constant barrage of one liner misinformation?

Click HERE

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Interesting.

But it does give a hint as to where some of the data may have came from.

"The press release includes no links to the actual study (or even an abstract of it), just a "more information" link that points to a six-month old news article about a different study conducted by a different group which had a vaguely similar but distinctly different focus (i.e., that "people who only watch Fox News are less informed than all other news consumers").

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

When I was at another message-board website several years ago, someone posted three different studies and provided links that showed what you're saying, and one of them that I did check on (I didn't check on the other two) found that those who get most of their news from Fox actually know less real news than those who do not watch any t.v. news at all. Even those who watched MSNBC scored higher on news awareness than those who mostly watch Fox, and the comparison wasn't even close.

You might be able to Google it to get access to these studies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When I was at another message-board website several years ago, someone posted three different studies and provided links that showed what you're saying, and one of them that I did check on (I didn't check on the other two) found that those who get most of their news from Fox actually know less real news than those who do not watch any t.v. news at all. Even those who watched MSNBC scored higher on news awareness than those who mostly watch Fox, and the comparison wasn't even close.

You might be able to Google it to get access to these studies.
It may be the same study, or different, but studies have shown those whose primary source of news was the Daily Show and Colbert Report knew more about the news than those whose primary source is Fox. Which is really bad when watching 2 half-hour news shows four times a week, with each show covering about 5 topics a night (counting whatever is being promoted by the guest, usually a new book), for about 20 news items a week gives you more knowledge about whats going on out there in the world than what a 24/7 cables news network does. Fox, on the other hand, has five or so regular people on for a regular weekly TV schedule with hour long segments, and they get out-news by a couple of comedians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let's now consider this scholarly study of Obama voters' level of knowledge....

I like the people who have the courage & candor to say "I don't know.".

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let's now consider this scholarly study of Obama voters' level of knowledge....
I like the people who have the courage & candor to say "I don't know.".
Oh, I have saying "I don't know" down to an art form just in case you haven't noticed. Matter of fact, my favorite adage is from Confucius: the more you know, the more you know you really don't know.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, I have saying "I don't know" down to an art form just in case you haven't noticed. Matter of fact, my favorite adage is from Confucius: the more you know, the more you know you really don't know.
I live by another saying of his....
Tis better to
have pecker tracks on one's zipper
than zipper tracks on one's pecker.