• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 FOX News Lies in Six Seconds...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Why pick just one?

Is the network a source of sound journalism? Or not? If these claims that are brought forward by Stewart a distortion of the network itself, then shouldn't ALL of the claims be distortions, or at least MOST?

For the record, I get my news (NEWS, not commentary) from C-SPAN. The cable news networks IMO are nothing for me to rely on that are factual at all.

That includes FOX.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Why pick just one?

Is the network a source of sound journalism? Or not? If these claims that are brought forward by Stewart a distortion of the network itself, then shouldn't ALL of the claims be distortions, or at least MOST?

For the record, I get my news (NEWS, not commentary) from C-SPAN. The cable news networks IMO are nothing for me to rely on that are factual at all.

That includes FOX.

Can't do it? BTW didn't Stewart mention his retiring to a Zen monastery in his rant? Don't you think that's a lie, or is Jon Stewart simply a comedian that would say anything for a laugh?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Can't do it? BTW didn't Stewart mention his retiring to a Zen monastery in his rant? Don't you think that's a lie, or is Jon Stewart simply a comedian that would say anything for a laugh?

Because I like you today...

7. "There is no good data showing secondhand smoke kills people."

John Stossel, Dec. 4, 2014

Is this factual that there is no good data?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Fox News helped Obama win the 2012 election, Romney believed their lies and used them in the secind debate

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If we're going to play this "pick one" BS, then how about this one: "Cash for Clunkers will give government complete access to your home computer." -- July 31, 2009.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is the key. Jon Stewart is a comedian first and foremost, he has admitted his bias against Republicans, he has admitted things are edited, and he is on a channel called "Comedy Central." Though he may call out Fox News for lies, he himself does not masquerade as a real news anchor giving real and unbiased news.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I find it interesting that no one wants to touch this post. I'm still waiting.
Cause they know fox makes stuff up. Or they'll say something like MSDNC lies also. False equivalence entirely! No one come close to fox in the misinformation realm.

Last edited by a moderator:

dust1n

Zindīq
So, where do you get your news from? Can't be the printed news because it says the same thing as the TV news source do. Or do you just remain ignorant?

Online, of course, but I remain ignorant of many, many things I'm sure.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Cause they know fox makes $hit up. Or they'll say something like MSDNC lies also. False equivalence entirely! No one come close to fox in the misinformation realm.
But you know, this almost goes hand in hand with being a conservative. Conservatism thrives on deception, exaggeration, fabrication, falsification, hyperbole, vilification, prevarication, and guile. Not to make a case for itself, which rarely happens, but a case against its opposition. It's just like creationism, which can't make a case for itself so must resort to attacking evolution. It's a political and social philosophy of the intellectually bankrupt.

tytlyf

Not Religious
But you know, this almost goes hand in hand with being a conservative. Conservatism thrives on deception, exaggeration, fabrication, falsification, hyperbole, vilification, prevarication, and guile. Not to make a case for itself, which rarely happens, but a case against its opposition. It's just like creationism, which can't make a case for itself so must resort to attacking evolution. It's a political and social philosophy of the intellectually bankrupt.
With RW media, they leave information out. RW media never mentions positive things that democrats do. RW media never mentions negative things that republicans do. So the RW media audience is left in the dark intentionally.