• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 FOX News Lies in Six Seconds...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The Daily Show put together a stream of 50 lies told on FOX News over the years. I reckon there's many more than that -- it probably didn't even challenge them to find 50.

Jon Stewart Pulls Out The Big Guns, Unveils '50 Fox News Lies In 6 Seconds'

Of course, I realize some folks take criticism of FOX News personally -- any and all criticism is excessive to them. But I think FOX criticizes itself, so to speak, by being so transparently a source of disinformation and conservative propaganda. I also think FOX is like most of the conservative movement today: Fueled by a careless and immoral disrespect for the truth.

What do you make of FOX? Is the larger conservative movement as a whole any better than FOX when it comes to intellectual honesty and truthfulness?

Please Note: Efforts to derail this thread by changing the discussion to allegations that liberal media is just as bad will be reported to the mods for being in violation of the rules. If you want to discuss liberal media, you're free to start your own thread. Don't pollute this one.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Obviously no use in arguing against those who have an agenda, but two things should be stated. One: Jon Stewart is a comedian who has found a money-making niche in his world by bashing Fox. Two: Everyone shown in the speed-of-sound clips were commentators, not news people. So go ahead, take your shots, Fox is still hands down the most watched news channel on the air. And, with Jon Stewart as an example, it's hard to argue with success.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Anyone whom watches Fox for news might as well also get their news from Grimm's Fairy Tales. Their news commentaries are typically reflected in their earlier newscasts as well.

BTW, I wonder if Fox is going to give O'Reilly a "vacation" much like NBC has given Williams a "vacation"?

tytlyf

Not Religious
. So go ahead, take your shots, Fox is still hands down the most watched news channel on the air.
That's because there is only 1 tv channel for conservatives. Fox. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc are all middle of the road. If there was only 1 option for news outside of fox, it's ratings would be higher. (IOW, more people don't rely on fox for information)

esmith

Veteran Member
That's because there is only 1 tv channel for conservatives. Fox. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc are all middle of the road. If there was only 1 option for news outside of fox, it's ratings would be higher. (IOW, more people don't rely on fox for information)
Only those that don't want to get their news from LW media:D

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Not sure if I understand your post. If I read it correctly your own words seem to argue against you.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No one much cares what the liars on CNN, MSNBC and the old phony liberal news three letter ABC, NBC, CBS spews as "news" when it is just narrative agendas and not journalism, they are an arm of Big Brother government and the Democratic Party telling lie after lie, covering for despotic IRS political persecution of Americans, spewing phony unemployment stats, population stats, illegal alien stats, lle after lie, and their audience cannot even compare with FOX News which is the most popular news channel, internet news, and affliates, in the entire United States.

The rest are becoming irrelevant largely. They lie about lies.

I didn't even read the link, it is a waste of time.

Star Trek Leonard Nimoy just died, by the way.

Dude! Not Mr. Spock? Maybe they'll bring him back in a sequel.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Only those that don't want to get their news from LW media:D
But they aren't left wing. They report everything on both sides. I understand that fox tells you that everyone besides fox is liberal, it's not true. These news outlets have been around decades longer than fox.
Not sure if I understand your post. If I read it correctly your own words seem to argue against you.
Fox has conservative viewers. Everyone else has republican, independent and democratic viewers. (CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc)
No one much cares what the liars on CNN, MSNBC and the old phony liberal news three letter ABC, NBC, CBS spews as "news" when it is just narrative agendas and not journalism, they are an arm of Big Brother government and the Democratic Party telling lie after lie, covering for despotic IRS political persecution of Americans, spewing phony unemployment stats, population stats, illegal alien stats, lle after lie, and their audience cannot even compare with FOX News which is the most popular news channel, internet news, and affliates, in the entire United States.
Yep, that's what fox and RW media has taught you. It's not true. They tell you that so you never hear another side of a story for comparison. It's why fox viewers are usually the most misinformed Americans as studies show. BTW, fox isn't news, it's the media/political arm of the republican party. Fox isn't conservative, they do the bidding for the republican establishment.

If fox was so great, they'd have at least 1 award in news/journalism. Nope, nothing.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Because Fox is the only conservative game in town conservatives have no other place to go; therefore, the whole conservative demographic is drawn to it. Conservatives don't have another channel with which to split their viewership. The same would be true if there was only one liberal/neutral channel, but there isn't, there are many. So the liberal/neutral channels split the available viewership among themselves.

original.jpg

Just to explain:
Among the 8,090,000 viewers in the 18-49 age bracket in this sample, Fox had the most with 2.4 million; however, while each of the other networks had less than this, their combined total equaled 5.7 million. more than twice that of Fox. Fox garnered only 29% of all viewers. And, had there been another conservative channel around they would have drawn even less.

And . . . . . . I know for a fact that some of Fox's viewers are liberals like myself who watch Fox because of its silliness and groan appeal. It's a perverse form of entertainment to be sure, but what can I say, they're the only game like it in town.

Last edited:

metis

Yep, that's what fox and RW media has taught you [SF]. It's not true. They tell you that so you never hear another side of a story for comparison. It's why fox viewers are usually the most misinformed Americans as studies show. BTW, fox isn't news, it's the media/political arm of the republican party. Fox isn't conservative, they do the bidding for the republican establishment.

If fox was so great, they'd have at least 1 award in news/journalism. Nope, nothing.

Exactly. A close friend of mind did some volunteer work for MediaMatters, which no doubt is quite liberal. What he did was to watch one hour on Fox (he chose an early morning time slot watching "Fox and Friends", and when he heard something that he knew was false or off the wall, he'd check the time and e-mail Media-Matters at the end of the program what was said and the exact time it was said. I assume MediaMatters probably was automatically recording Fox, but at least people working there could have a heads-up on what Fox was broadcasting that might be factually in doubt.

What my friend found is that Fox takes certain talking points that involve opinions or slants that are repeated throughout the day. Trouble is it's not just on their news commentaries that these points are stated but also on what's supposed to be the straight news. Indeed, even though I only rarely will watch Fox in the morning, I definitely have seen what my friend saw happening all the time.

tytlyf

Not Religious
RW media knows their audience very well. And they take advantage of it. Fox news is just a propaganda organization and the other RW media outlets echo what they say. Rush is a propagandist who thinks he's a politician and comes up with all the talking points for the republicans. He gloats about it. The scary thing is people think that RW media cares about them. Nope, they are taking advantage of them. I've been watching CPAC the past 2 days on Cspan3 and all you hear is fear mongering and they're bringing back Benghazi. In the echo chamber, no one gets to hear the results of all the Benghazi committees. They control the message.

Roger Ailes' Secret Nixon-Era Blueprint for Fox News

CMike

I think it's so cute how the hard lefties can't tolerate a different viewpoint than spewed by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBS, etc.

They obviously believe we should live in a fascist dictatorship.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Skwimm do you know how silly this is? It is funny how these folks who cannot face reality come up with stats that are laughable.

America gets it NEWS from Fox. CBS plays anything from cartoons to dance shows to carnival freaks sitting with thugs around talking about "did you go to bed with your husband's friend?" or "did you sleep with your sister?" ... CBS hardly even PLAYS any news.

America gets their news from Fox. Their audience makes MSNBC news audience look like those gathered around the girl scout cookie girl to buy choco-bars. What a joke.

metis

If America gets its news from Fox, then that's a clear indication that this country is severely dumbing down to the point whereas some can't tell the difference between news and propaganda.

metis

RW media knows their audience very well. And they take advantage of it. Fox news is just a propaganda organization and the other RW media outlets echo what they say. Rush is a propagandist who thinks he's a politician and comes up with all the talking points for the republicans. He gloats about it. The scary thing is people think that RW media cares about them. Nope, they are taking advantage of them. I've been watching CPAC the past 2 days on Cspan3 and all you hear is fear mongering and they're bringing back Benghazi. In the echo chamber, no one gets to hear the results of all the Benghazi committees. They control the message.

Roger Ailes' Secret Nixon-Era Blueprint for Fox News
"Benghazi", where did I hear that name before?