• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 FOX News Lies in Six Seconds...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Does anybody want to refute the claim made by Stewart that any of these reports made at FOX are not factual?

Are supporters conceding to the claim of falsehoods? Or is Stewart wrong, and supporters are arguing that FOX's reports are, indeed, factual?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
oh... so... MSNBC is smart? LOLTALK ABOUT DUMB
No, DUMB, such as in DUMB AS A BRICK, is when someone assumes that another watches MSNBC without any knowledge of what that person actually watches. I'll look for you in someone's wall some day-- probably an outhouse.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
No one watches MSNBC ...
In fact, here at the office we have a 130pm break coming up, though I am at home on a Friday 9/80 off but folks go over to a lounge room to get tea and watch Neil Cavuto on Fox News Cable. There is a nice tv screen setup.

Neil is great, he has a mind above par. You can learn something from him.

Or be hopeless.

metis

I've watched Caputo, and I do admit he's better than some of the others I've seen there, but that still ain't saying a whole lot. And if watching him frequently were to make me turn out like you, SF, I think I'll definitely pass on that.

CMike

If America gets its news from Fox, then that's a clear indication that this country is severely dumbing down to the point whereas some can't tell the difference between news and propaganda.
They can tell the difference. They why they are getting their news fro Fox.

CMike

"Benghazi", where did I hear that name before?

That was the Hillary disaster. The WH refused to send in special forces that were waiting to rescue the Americans.

The WH also refused to provide adequate security.

An American ambassador was murdered.

And when Hillary was asked during the hearing about the incident, one of her answers was "what difference does it make".

metis

Some people couldn't build an outhouse if they tried.
Probably not, but I know how to use one.

Anyhow, enough of this trashy conversation that I'm actually ashamed to have been a part of, so...

goodbye.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
You have the trash mouth buddy, not me... you freak out because you can't take anyone who isn't on your trip. Then you get prrsonal. But tbe bullies don't run the news anymore, so tuff luck. Smile more.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, boy....a dueling news source thread again! I know that after a flurry of left v right v left v right accusations, will all be resolved. People are so quick to call a different perspective a "lie", while proffering their own sources which do the same....or worse.

tytlyf

Not Religious
oh... so... MSNBC is smart? LOLTALK ABOUT DUMB
There's a difference with people critiquing Fox. We actually watch it, you don't watch MSNBC or any other outlet outside of Fox. Fox tells you everything you need to know about 'everyone else.' That's the difference, fox does the thinking for you.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Does anybody want to refute the claim made by Stewart that any of these reports made at FOX are not factual?

Are supporters conceding to the claim of falsehoods? Or is Stewart wrong, and supporters are arguing that FOX's reports are, indeed, factual?

Doesn't look like anyone wants to refute John Steward, Mystic. There's a bit of sheepish bluster about "other news sources tell lies too", but no refutation of the 50 lies Steward listed for FOX. I reckon folks are quietly conceding FOX is a pile of BS.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Pick one so that we might have a discussion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Obviously no use in arguing against those who have an agenda...

Seems to me like you're committing the logical fallacy of poisoning the well here.

One: Jon Stewart is a comedian who has found a money-making niche in his world by bashing Fox.

This might be another case of poisoning the well compounded by an ad hominem fallacy.

Everyone shown in the speed-of-sound clips were commentators, not news people.

You can click on the screen to stop the clips. I'm curious. Are you trying to say that commentators have a moral right to lie? To practice intellectual dishonesty? Or would you be willing to say that it is immoral even for commentators to lie?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skwimm do you know how silly this is? It is funny how these folks who cannot face reality come up with stats that are laughable.

America gets it NEWS from Fox. CBS plays anything from cartoons to dance shows to carnival freaks sitting with thugs around talking about "did you go to bed with your husband's friend?" or "did you sleep with your sister?" ... CBS hardly even PLAYS any news.

America gets their news from Fox. Their audience makes MSNBC news audience look like those gathered around the girl scout cookie girl to buy choco-bars. What a joke.

Exhausted3_tns.png

dust1n

Zindīq
I just assume anyone who takes a television news source or its other media adventures seriously is direly misinformed about the nature of most things in the world.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I just assume anyone who takes a television news source or its other media adventures seriously is direly misinformed about the nature of most things in the world.
So, where do you get your news from? Can't be the printed news because it says the same thing as the TV news source do. Or do you just remain ignorant?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You can click on the screen to stop the clips. I'm curious. Are you trying to say that commentators have a moral right to lie? To practice intellectual dishonesty? Or would you be willing to say that it is immoral even for commentators to lie?

Again, pick one lie that we can discuss.