• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zionist Snipers Shoot Palestinian Children for Fun

MattersOfTheHeart

There are several verifiable news articles of Israeli soldiers using Gaza civilians to enter buildings, and various forms of hums shields. In fact solders have been arrested for it (only after it became publicized though).

Mind you these are all verifiable.
The claims of Hamas doing this are never verifiable, and are childish at best.
The real gems are the photos of people posed next to a building shooting a rocket.

As if they have children strapped to them or something.
There is no evidence of civilians being held at gun point to stick around.
More importantly there is no where for them to go. The whole argument is stupid about Hamas using human shields.

Alceste

Vagabond
There are several verifiable news articles of Israeli soldiers using Gaza civilians to enter buildings, and various forms of hums shields. In fact solders have been arrested for it (only after it became publicized though).

The real gems are the photos of people posed next to a building shooting a rocket.

More importantly there is no where for them to go. The whole argument is stupid about Hamas using human shields.
It's all in how you spin it. Israel loves using words in new ways, and telling themselves their actions are legal by changing the words they use to describe them.

Hamas is fighting from populated areas? Then they're "using human shields". Israel is also fighting from populated areas? Er... Well, that's awkward. Quick, somebody find some words we can string together that make it sound really really different from what Hamas is doing!

MattersOfTheHeart

It's all in how you spin it. Israel loves using words in new ways, and telling themselves their actions are legal by changing the words they use to describe them.

Hamas is fighting from populated areas? Then they're "using human shields". Israel is also fighting from populated areas? Er... Well, that's awkward. Quick, somebody find some words we can string together that make it sound really really different from what Hamas is doing!
Another gem:

"we regret the dead children, but this is a war and we try to limit civilian casualty."

As if, this line of reasoning resonates with moral human beings.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

This sounds like an excerpt from the "Dumb and Dumber" script. To think some people actually believe this is reasonable thinking. How sad.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Could you cite one of these articles for us?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Another gem:

"we regret the dead children, but this is a war and we try to limit civilian casualty."

As if, this line of reasoning resonates with moral human beings.

It actually should unless one is a complete pacifist. Name one war whereas there hasn't been civilian casualties?

While you're at it, if your country is attacked with thousands of missiles whereas your civilians are being killed, what do you think your government should do? Can you actually imagine your president or prime minister going on t.v. and saying something like "We're under attack, but we're not going to respond, so just bend over and kill your butt goodbye"?

CMike

Looks like all this testimony is anecdotal and refutable. I don't think that "testimony" from a few ticked-off Palestinians (who may have ties to Hamas) is concrete evidence of wholesale wrongdoing. Do you?
And all from non credible sources.

Alceste

Vagabond
Looks like all this testimony is anecdotal and refutable. I don't think that "testimony" from a few ticked-off Palestinians (who may have ties to Hamas) is concrete evidence of wholesale wrongdoing. Do you?

I think the UN, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are credible, and I believe them when they report that the IDF uses Palestinians as human shields.

There are just way too many sources and complaints, even a trial underway in Israel, for me to assume Hamas made it all up. Besides, that's not their MO. Anybody looking for real human rights violations in Palestine with which to tarnish Israel's reputation can find them easily without making stuff up. The trick is getting them into Western newspapers over the din of Israel's gloating and back patting.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I think the UN, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are credible, and I believe them when they report that the IDF uses Palestinians as human shields.
I doubt the credibility of the UN. Both Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have spotty records... too much wiggle room for this curmudgeon.

There are just way too many sources and complaints, even a trial underway in Israel, for me to assume Hamas made it all up. Besides, that's not their MO. Anybody looking for real human rights violations in Palestine with which to tarnish Israel's reputation can find them easily without making stuff up. The trick is getting them into Western newspapers over the din of Israel's gloating and back patting.
Well, how could this get out in the Jewish controlled media. DUH!

Alceste

Vagabond
I doubt the credibility of the UN. Both Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have spotty records... too much wiggle room for this curmudgeon.

Well, how could this get out in the Jewish controlled media. DUH!

:facepalm: Spoken like a man who fails to understand how the Western media works.

dust1n

Zindīq
At least 2,137 Palestinians were killed, including 577 children, and 10,870 wounded, since Israel launched a massive offensive called Protective Edge against the 40-kilometer-long coastal strip on July 8.

Seventy-two percent of Palestinians killed in this offensive were civilians, according to the UN. About a third of the wounded children, will be forced to live with permanent disabilities. One-third of Gaza's total population, over 520,000 people, have been displaced of whom 279,389 were taking shelter in 83 UN-run schools.

As Bombs Go Silent, Testimonies Mount That Israeli Soldiers Used Gazans as Human Shields · Global Voices

Those spotty UN investigators and their record for just making stuff up. How can I possibly believe roughly 72 percent of people killed in the last little conflict were civilians? That would run contrary to my image of a black and white imaginings of the world where there is a good side and an evil one.