• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your honest-to-goodness feelings on atheists.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
Meh, like anyone, it depends. As a group I have no opinion. It's hard to make a judgement like that, and probably not a fair one either.

An ******* is an *******, regardless of what he says he believes or doesn't believe, so for me I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when I first meet them. If you're a good person, we'll be friends. If not, it probably doesn't have anything to do with you being atheist.

:camp:

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
I may not always agree with what other atheists have to say, but that is to be expected. Atheism is not a faction, it is not a religion; rather, the only thing atheists have in common is the lack of belief in god(s). In general, I do believe that atheists are more logical than theists, and that is daily proven to me when I interact with theists online.

Indagator

I wouldn't take his word for it. Why would you?

I wouldn't stress too much. His post says more about him than anything.
Mind you, he'd want to be careful suggesting this around my wife. She has a fairly direct way of making a point.

Why wouldn't you? First of all i live in Scandinavia, probably the most atheistic place on earth. So it was an honest observation.

Secondly Is there any reason for Atheist women not to be promiscuous besides social pressure? Which again does not really exist in Atheistic societies?

Thirdly i said #notall. So your wife is irrelevant. We talking about societies here not individuals.