• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your fave TV shows and what you love about them

Renji

Here's my top 3

1) Glee- I'm a certified gleek. I simply love the character of Sunshine Corazon. The voice was so wow. Amazing. I also love their version of Listen, Telephone and 'Don't stop believing'.

2) American Idol- I've been watching it since season 1. 2 reasons why I watch the show: 1) Simon Cowell and his terribly frank comments 2) the winners every season. Since Paula said goodbye last, last season, and now Kara, Simon and Ellen says goodbye too, I'm excited that J.lo and Tyler will be on the show. Can't wait.

3)Oprah- Not much into talk shows. I'm just after the celebs that are being interviewed and the story of ordinary people....

So there...;)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I adore a now defunct Granada TV series called "Prime Suspect" starring Helen Mirren.

I no longer watch North American television and have not for many years. In fact I probably watch about an hour of TV any given week. It's just not worth the bother.

Renji

I adore a now defunct Granada TV series called "Prime Suspect" starring Helen Mirren.

I no longer watch North American television and have not for many years. In fact I probably watch about an hour of TV any given week. It's just not worth the bother.

heard of that show... unfortunately, it isn't 'aired' in my country:D

xkatz

1) Yu Yu Hakusho- I am sucker for animes :D Had good characters, plot, and great fight scenes.

2) Futurama- Like Simpsons but better.

3) Jericho- Was a great post-apocalyptic show. It was kind of like Lost in which everything was sort of mystery but I think it was better because it wasn't as weird or bizarre as Lost. Unfortunately, it lasted only a season or two.

4) Ghost Adventures- Although I don't believe in ghosts necessarily, I think this show is great because it's fairly creepy (and better than Ghost Hunters).

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I suppose 90210, South Park, Days of our Lives, Charmed reruns, and Jeopardy, since I like a challenge.

Renji

1) Yu Yu Hakusho- I am sucker for animes :D Had good characters, plot, and great fight scenes.

2) Futurama- Like Simpsons but better.

3) Jericho- Was a great post-apocalyptic show. It was kind of like Lost in which everything was sort of mystery but I think it was better because it wasn't as weird or bizarre as Lost. Unfortunately, it lasted only a season or two.

4) Ghost Adventures- Although I don't believe in ghosts necessarily, I think this show is great because it's fairly creepy (and better than Ghost Hunters).

Yu yu Hakusho is entitled 'Ghost Fighter' here. It was aired when I was just grade 1. I love it also. I just think that the ending is a bit messed up because Eugene didn't win the competition on the 'Spirit world' ( I forgot what it is called) but, atleast he ended up with the 'girl' (also forgot her name):D

xkatz

Yu yu Hakusho is entitled 'Ghost Fighter' here. It was aired when I was just grade 1. I love it also. I just think that the ending is a bit messed up because Eugene didn't win the competition on the 'Spirit world' ( I forgot what it is called) but, atleast he ended up with the 'girl' (also forgot her name):D

I disliked the final season because it was too short, so it felt rushed, if they made the season longer I think it would of been better. I actually do like the fact though that Yusuke lost the contest in demon world. The girls name was Keiko.

Renji

I disliked the final season because it was too short, so it felt rushed, if they made the season longer I think it would of been better. I actually do like the fact though that Yusuke lost the contest in demon world. The girls name was Keiko.

Hmm, thanks for that. BTW, I watched the english version. Yusuke was translated as Eugene I think. Have you watched the Japanese version?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Supernatural

This show is naturally SUPER!

I love Supernatural. Truthfully, one of the reasons I watch the show is because of Jensen but I also think the show is a great mixture of humor and suspense. It's fun.

I also like Fringe. I think it too is a good mix of humor & suspense.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Wire: Interesting, complex, unpredictable, use of language
Deadwood: Same reasons as The Wire
Breaking Bad: I'm rooting for Heisenberg
The Simpsons: Nuclear power plants & groundskeepers
Dexter: The difficulty of being a single dad & a serial killer
Modern Family: Great acting & wonderful writing

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The Twilight Zone - still one of the more compelling science fiction shows produced.

Battlestar Galactica (new) - it kept me watching.

Six Feet Under - Not sure whether I liked the whole series, or whether I liked it retroactively because of the last episode.

Rome - Great production, wonderfully acted, highly entertaining. Pullo rocks.

Deadwood - Unreal texture and atmosphere - and the overly complex and fanciful dialogue actually worked. McShane and Olyphant constantly delivered outstanding performances.