• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you choose to be a prisoner of the Japanese or the Germans?

You would choose

• German pow

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Japanese pow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So you're in World War II, you've been captured by the axis, and you are given the choice of whether or not you will be a pow of the Germans or the Japanese.

Who would you choose? After watching a documentary about the Rape of Nanking and read a book about prisoners of the Japanese, I'd go with the Germans without hesitation.

Japanese had some of the worst tortures I've ever heard of. They also had a much larger percentage of their pow die than the Germans.

I only left two options in the poll because in this scenario you have to choose one or the other.

You should have added a choice for the Russians. The Russians were far worse than either.

Shad

Veteran Member
So you're in World War II, you've been captured by the axis, and you are given the choice of whether or not you will be a pow of the Germans or the Japanese.

Who would you choose? After watching a documentary about the Rape of Nanking and read a book about prisoners of the Japanese, I'd go with the Germans without hesitation.

Japanese had some of the worst tortures I've ever heard of. They also had a much larger percentage of their pow die than the Germans.

I only left two options in the poll because in this scenario you have to choose one or the other.

As a Canadian, Germany. If I were a Russian or part of the group consider undesirable I would rather die fighting than become a pow. I would never want to be a pow of the Japanese regardless of nationality due to Japan's views of surrender at the time.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The question I asked was "Why?"
Tom
ETA ~@popeadope~
Cuz I thought it was an interesting conversation starter. Also, I study Japan a lot and seen documentaries. I also practice Shintoism and pray to the soldiers of Yasukuni Shrine, and keep pictures of Shinto shrines and kami on my wall.

But I think I'd rather get gassed by Nazis than be a Japanese POW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I saw a documentary where Russians kept people chronically awake as long as possible then send the priests and christians to black masses where they had to eat feces for holy Communion.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted German because everyone else did, so it must be better.

Salix,
Barely passed history (because it's boring) and going with the flow

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
You might want to check the gulags under Stalin. They had ways of torturing folks I never even imagined.
I'm well aware of the existence of gulags. However, the gulags didn't have gas chambers, nor were the people sent there ethnically cleansed.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
It depends. Since I have a large chunk of Soviet blood in me, but I'm not full on Slavic, it's a real toss up.