• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you choose to be a prisoner of the Japanese or the Germans?

You would choose

• German pow

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Japanese pow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So you're in World War II, you've been captured by the axis, and you are given the choice of whether or not you will be a pow of the Germans or the Japanese.

Who would you choose? After watching a documentary about the Rape of Nanking and read a book about prisoners of the Japanese, I'd go with the Germans without hesitation.

Japanese had some of the worst tortures I've ever heard of. They also had a much larger percentage of their pow die than the Germans.

I only left two options in the poll because in this scenario you have to choose one or the other.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I voted for <German>.
Does this mean that when faced with of 2 evils,
& picking the lesser, that I support it, ie, I support
being imprisoned by German Nazis?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The German's did tend to treat the prisoners a little more humanly than the Japanese. This was probably due to a number of reasons. The Germans as a whole were not as fanatical as the Japanese in their military outlook; the Allied prisoners, for the most part, resembled their German captors in their physical features; plus the Germans had many of their forces taken prisoner in the ETO so they would not want their troops mistreated.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The surrender of all Allied forces to the Japanese at Singapore is too dreadful to write about.

I don't know what happened to the British Generals/Leaders who decided to give up all the British forces in to virtual slavery, torture and humiliating ends. Does any member know?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The German's did tend to treat the prisoners a little more humanly than the Japanese. This was probably due to a number of reasons. The Germans as a whole were not as fanatical as the Japanese in their military outlook; the Allied prisoners, for the most part, resembled their German captors in their physical features; plus the Germans had many of their forces taken prisoner in the ETO so they would not want their troops mistreated.
Also....
The Japanese looked down upon us as inferior.
They despised soldiers who surrender.
They were jealous that our soldiers were so much better looking.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
On the one hand, I can speak German and am a reasonably fit and able-bodied man. On the other, they might send me straight to the gas chambers for being born without a left ear. I guess one way I can survive longer with the Germans, either that or they grant me a swift(ish) death by asphyxiation.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I've been to Gitmo twice. Wasn't that bad.
Is this an answer to my question, or something unrelated and irrelevant but partisan?
Tom

ETA ~Ever been to Abu Graib? Ever had a military chick lead you around by a dog collar and make you orally service someone you know?~

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Is this an answer to my question, or something unrelated and irrelevant but partisan?
Tom

ETA ~Ever been to Abu Graib? Ever had a military chick lead you around by a dog collar and make you orally service someone you know?~

You mean this week?