• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would the world be a better place

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Animals are animals , human beings are not animals in my view

It doesn't really matter. Animals evolve body parts into weapons. Humans evolved the mind into a weapon. That's the only difference really as far as this conversation is concerned.

joe1776

During Oklahoma deer season there are an average 60,000 dear killed.
No guns= no hunting.
No hunting= 600,000 deer population increase in 10 years.
Most wildlife populations (deer, racoon, coyote, feral hog, etc) would explode in numbers and the destruction of crops and property would greatly increase as well.
There would only be loss, no gain.
Bows and arrows kill deer. They kill people too but not nearly as effectively as guns and bombs.

Bows and arrows would take far more skill though. It'd be too much of a challenge for most hunters.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It doesn't really matter. Animals evolve body parts into weapons. Humans evolved the mind into a weapon. That's the only difference really as far as this conversation is concerned.
My mind is not a weapon :) actually my mind is without a lot of activity. and without hate toward others

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
My mind is not a weapon :) actually my mind is without a lot of activity.

I call (mod edit) bull****!

But hey, feel free to virtue signal all you please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Getting rid of all weapons would just be treating a symptom, and it's one that would almost certainly reemerge immediately.

The very first things humanoids invented were tools/weapons (most are interchangeable).
wiki said:
The problem, if you choose to see it as a problem (I like to believe the world is more or less the way it's supposed to be, violence and all) is the need for weapons, or the need for violence for that matter.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I call (mod edit) bull****!

But hey, feel free to virtue signal all you please.
I dont say i am any special, far from it, what my statement say is when one practice meditation for longer times the mind will be calmer and without lot of activity

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I live a very calm and secluded lifestyle without fear of the weapons people do have, but in the same time see that weapon used by the wrong people cause suffering to people, with compassion in my heart i would like to see all weapons removed. But as one person i know i can not fix this problem alone :)

All i can do is spread the message that weapons in the wrong hands are very bad, and that we should not kill each others
I find it difficult to imagine a reasonable person rejecting your idea on the face of it. I want peace and a world where no man need fear another. In practical terms, though, I do not see us achieving that condition anytime soon. But I support your right to see things as you do and applaud you for living up to your values and trying to persuade others. I support you from a philosophical perspective even if I do not see a practical change given the conditions.

We Never Know

No Slack
Bows and arrows kill deer. They kill people too but not nearly as effectively as guns and bombs.

Bows and arrows would take far more skill though. It'd be too much of a challenge for most hunters.

I agree and with spears it would be even harder. Bows and arrows are weapons which was the point.

Wold the world become a better place if we destroyed all weapons?
Why do human beings want to use weapons?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes i do. But human beings are spiritual beings not animals :)

Who told you that animals aren't spiritual?

The Catholic church once told me this (which is one of the key reasons I'm no longer Catholic), but in my experiences with animals, I must disagree completely with both of you.

We Never Know

No Slack
personally i would be fine by living only of plants. berries and other vegtarian way of living,
I know not everyone can do that an i know some hunting will always be there, the killing i want an end to is human killing human

As the population of (deer for example) sky rocketed upward, they would eat most of your plants, berries and other vegetation.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
As the population of (deer for example) sky rocketed upward, they would eat most of your plants, berries and other vegetation.

Yeah, what a lot of people don't get, or choose to ignore, is that in just about any imaginable scenario a world without violence would be significantly harsher and uglier than the one we have now.

If we have to choose between The Four Horsemen, and nature suggests that we do, I'd take War over Famine and Pestilence any day.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who told you that animals aren't spiritual?

The Catholic church once told me this (which is one of the key reasons I'm no longer Catholic), but in my experiences with animals, I must disagree completely with both of you.

From my understanding it starts with the Vegatable Spirit and then the Animal Spirit then the Human Spirit, (plus 2 levels above human). We share what is below in each level and as to what is above, its highest attainment is to sacrifice itself to it to be part of it.

Example - Plants feed animal and man and give medicinal qualities, when used correctly. That is the highest bounty of the vegatable kingdom, that is, existing to give love and beauty to animal and man.

Regards Tony

MonkeyFire

Wold the world become a better place if we destroyed all weapons?
Why do human beings want to use weapons?

And your left with destruction, a giant weapon. When you have equanimity all along. You don't kill it, it just kinda dies.

David1967

Premium Member
During Oklahoma deer season there are an average 60,000 dear killed.
No guns= no hunting.
No hunting= 600,000 deer population increase in 10 years.
Most wildlife populations (deer, racoon, coyote, feral hog, etc) would explode in numbers and the destruction of crops and property would greatly increase as well.
There would only be loss, no gain.

I live in Oklahoma and the deer population is huge despite hunting. Lots of vehicle accidents involving deer, even in town.