• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would the world be a better place

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You would have to completely annihilate the entire planet and every form of life.

So the answer is no.

Human beings aren't the only ones that use weapons. Chimpanzees will use sticks as clubs to kill other creatures. I don't know exactly how many but its thousands of other animals have evolved weaponized body parts. Not just sharp claws/teeth either. But biological and chemical weapons, acids, poisons, venoms, harpoons, even sonic weapons (pistol shrimp).

It's just apart of life.
I would claim animals such as the wolverine and honey badger themselves are living biological weapons. They are basically designed to take and survive devastating attacks that would be fatal to just about any other animal (including us) and dish it back out several fold (they'll fight off and kill even apex predators such as lions and bears despite their small size). Their explosive tempers and ruthless aggression and add to their status as a living weapon, making them some very seriously dangerous animals.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I would claim animals such as the wolverine and honey badger themselves are living biological weapons. They are basically designed to take and survive devastating attacks that would be fatal to just about any other animal (including us) and dish it back out several fold (they'll fight off and kill even apex predators). Their explosive tempers and ruthless aggression and add to their status as a living weapon, making them some very seriously dangerous animals.

You are 100% correct. There is not much in this world I would fear more than coming across a badger or wolverine. I've seen badgers take on bears and run the bear off lol!

Workman

UNIQUE
Wold the world become a better place if we destroyed all weapons?
IMO..I would not think so,
The true weapon is inside of one, and of ones own fists or parts of the body, wether if its(weapons) destroyed or not, it doesn’t make the world a better place.

Which of does one think is more dangerous?
A gun? Or..
The man that’s pointing it?

Why do human beings want to use weapons?
IMO..
Because it will give one in what they’ve never had..
Its ‘POWER’!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Who told you that animals aren't spiritual?

The Catholic church once told me this (which is one of the key reasons I'm no longer Catholic), but in my experiences with animals, I must disagree completely with both of you.
buddhist teachings, animals are not allowed to learn dhamma,

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think this thread already is a wast of time. do any of you guys thnk of if we end the use of weapon to kill each others, and focused on higher morality that we as a human race actually can fin back to being a good people/ spiritual people, because what i see is that the morality in many human beings are declining. we can not fight evil with evil.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know that, but i think that is a human thing, not something that come from the divine.
Yet it remains that using such weapons has long been a part of spirituality and religious practices.
I think this thread already is a wast of time. do any of you guys thnk of if we end the use of weapon to kill each others, and focused on higher morality that we as a human race actually can fin back to being a good people/ spiritual people, because what i see is that the morality in many human beings are declining. we can not fight evil with evil.
"Back to being good people?" "Morality ... declining?" Recent moral developments we have made include protections for combatants and civilians during times of war, we now have laws against domestic violence and rape, we have laws against child abuse, we allow for the freedom of speech and religion, trial by peers and innocent until proven guilty, women's suffrage, near universal condemnation and banning of slavery, crimes rates are going down, and for most of us humans the chances of being killed in war or other act of violence has never been lower. It's not perfect, but I'd rather be alive now than 100 years ago, back when being homosexual and "cross dressing" were even illegal in many places. And I'd rather be alive today than even just 50 years ago when patients did not have much voice over their treatment and university internal review boards (who review all proposed research involving humans for ethical and moral concerns) where still around the corner.

We Never Know

No Slack
I live in Oklahoma and the deer population is huge despite hunting. Lots of vehicle accidents involving deer, even in town.

Now imagine no more hunting season and 60,000 more deer each year. They would destroy crop, venture more into towns destroying gardens, cause more wrecks, it would be a bad thing.

Shad

Veteran Member
Wold the world become a better place if we destroyed all weapons?

No as people that know how to make weapons, and the industrial side, will end up working for those that use weapons to oppress people. Weapons are not the same as knowledge behind weapons. Lack of weapons does not change human nature either.

Why do human beings want to use weapons?

As humans are dangerous thus weapons are useful for defense against other humans.