• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Israel have victory in this scenario?

In the scenario presented, would Israel still win? Your guess

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
People who have been arabized or have adopted arab as their official language can be considerate to be arabs or be in the arab ligue like the Comoros.
Arabic is not the first language of Somalians. You have to take things in the proper context. I was referring to Nations that were primarily Arab by blood in that context.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Arabic is not the first language of Somalians. You have to take things in the proper context. I was referring to Nations that were primarily Arab by blood in that context.

I know but it's the official language.
I am not the one who decide who is arab or not. I don't do the maps, i'm not in charge of the arab ligue.
This is just a fact.
I gave you a map, you are free to believe that among those countries some are not arabs.

If you talk about being primarily Arab then you'll only have left KSA, UAE and Yemen.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I know but it's the official language.
I am not the one who decide who is arab or not. I don't do the maps, i'm not in charge of the arab ligue.
This is just a fact.
I gave you a map, you are free to believe that among those countries some are not arabs.

If you talk about being primarily Arab then you'll only have left KSA, UAE and Yemen.
So Lebanon, Jordan, west bank, and Syria are not primarily Arab?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
"Strike into the enemies settlements, turn them into dust, pave the Arab roads with the skulls of Jews"
" We are determined to saturate this earth with your (Jewish) blood, to throw you into the sea"
-Haffez Assad, Defense Minister of Syria

There are many more, maybe you should take some time do a little research.

So I gotta do your research for you?

Come on you supposed to naturally have a high IQ? Where are the plenty more Muslim leaders? What did Indonesia say? Or Qatar? Or Kuwait? Or Morocco?

Tumah

Veteran Member
I think the moral here should be that just because someone put a quote on a slide, doesn't mean that it's true.

Not that I'm a big fan of Ben Gurion.

And are those quotes a myth ?
Partially.

Here are the full quotes:

80506-beng.jpg

The first line of this is debated. The rest is fabricated. The first line is debated, because it appears as though the preceding sentences including the word immediately before this one -"not" (rendering it "we do not need to expel...) were crossed out. However, it seems to read better without the cross-out, because without the crossed out word, the paragraph doesn't make sense. Here's my translation of the letter (using the image of it that I found available here):

--- we [do not] need to expel the Arabs and take their place. All our ambition is built on the assumption - which was proven true over the course of all our actions in the land - that there is enough space for us and the Arabs in the land. And if we do need to use force - not for the sake of dispossessing the Arabs from the Negev or the trans-Jordan - but in order to ensure for ourselves the right to be settled there, our strength will stand for us.​

Then he goes on to say that if it will come to that, it's possible that other Arab countries will get involved as well and Israel will have to overpower them.

As you can see, if it was meant to be read "we do not need to expel the Arabs" then we understand the following line, "[because] there is enough space [for everyone]". He then goes on to explain that if the Arabs aren't agreeable, then force will be necessary. If the words are meant to be crossed out, than "we need to expel the Arabs...[because] there is enough space for us and the Arabs in the land" doesn't really make as much sense.

The first part of this quote was actually deleted on Wikipedia, because it's quoted source did not make sense:
I deleted this quote: Referring to Palestinian refugees: "We must do everything in our power to ensure that they never return." Address at the Mapai Political Committee (7 June 1938) as quoted in Feuerlicht, Roberta, 1983. As Palestinian refugees did not exist in 1938, the quote is either fabricated or mis-sourced. Drmikeh49 (talk) 03:50, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
Talk:David Ben-Gurion - Wikiquote

The second part of this quote was fabricated as well:
You’ve likely seen or heard the famous words attributed to Israel’s first prime minister.

But while “the old will die and the young will forget” is likely an accurate summary of David Ben-Gurion’s hope that the Palestinian refugees would disappear, it is almost certainly not his wording.
“The old will die and the young will forget” - Did Ben-Gurion say it?

In our political argument abroad, we minimize Arab opposition to us. But let us not ignore the truth among ourselves. I insist on the truth, not out of respect for scientific but political realities. The acknowledgement of this truth leads to inevitable and serious conclusions regarding our work in Palestine… let us not build on the hope the terrorist gangs will get tired. If some get tired, others will replace them.
A people which fights against the usurpation of its land will not tire so easily... it is easier for them to continue the war and not get tired than it is for us... The Palestinian Arabs are not alone. The Syrians are coming to help. From our point of view, they are strangers; in the point of law they are foreigners; but to the Arabs, they are not foreigners at all … The centre of the war is in Palestine, but its dimensions are much wider. When we say that the Arabs are the aggressors and we defend ourselves — this is only half the truth. As regards our security and life we defend ourselves and our moral and physical position is not bad. We can face the gangs... and were we allowed to mobilize all our forces we would have no doubts about the outcome... But the fighting is only one aspect of the conflict which is in its essence a political one. And politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. Militarily, it is we who are on the defensive who have the upper hand but in the political sphere they are superior. The land, the villages, the mountains, the roads are in their hands. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country, while we are still outside. They defend bases which are theirs, which is easier than conquering new bases... let us not think that the terror is a result of Hitler's or Mussolini's propaganda — this helps but the source of opposition is there among the Arabs.
David Ben-Gurion - Wikiquote
As you can see, contextually he was explaining that Arabs have the upper hand when it comes to political clout.

This one as well is questionable:

Questionable, Unverified Source: Clifford claims that Ben-Gurion wrote: "If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural, we have taken their country." In fact, according to Nahum Goldmann, Ben-Gurion allegedly said this to him. Goldmann was an adversary of Ben-Gurion, and he came out with this alleged quote, verbatim, in his book published two decades later (The Jewish Paradox, 1978), five years after Ben-Gurion died. There was no recording of the quote, and Ben-Gurion was no longer around to dispute it.
David Ben-Gurion - Wikiquote

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-15_19-42-33.png
    upload_2018-10-15_19-42-33.png
    185 bytes · Views: 0
    193 bytes · Views: 0
    190 bytes · Views: 0
    193 bytes · Views: 0
    206 bytes · Views: 0

Stanyon

WWMRD?
So I gotta do your research for you?

No, you need to do some research for yourself. if you are as ignorant of the history of those wars as you pretend (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here) you either need to educate yourself or you can continue being willfully ignorant of it because I don't have the time or the desire to teach the ABC's of it to you.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Forgive him he isn’t as knowledgeable about geography and history
Actually you aren't either.

By the way. In Jordan alone:

Jordanians (Arabic: أردنيون), also known as the Jordanian people (Arabic: الشعب الأردني ALA-LC: al-sha'ab al-ūrdunī) are the citizens of Jordan, who share a common Levantine Semitic ancestry. Some 98% percent of Jordanians are Arabs, while the remaining 2% are other ethnic minorities
Demographics of Jordan - Wikipedia

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Perhaps extermination is not the word, but many Arab nations were trying to destroy Israel.

Arab suicide bombers and terrorist attacks against innocent people in Israel is some evidence that many of them want Israel wiped out, judging by the innocent civilians that they target.
Well, then the IDF massacring Palestinian civilians on an almost daily basis and using white phosphorous is evidence that they want Palestinians wiped out. Israel oppresses the Palestinians and steals their land to create illegal settlements. Stop acting like either side is exactly innocent.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, then the IDF massacring Palestinian civilians on an almost daily basis and using white phosphorous is evidence that they want Palestinians wiped out. Israel oppresses the Palestinians and steals their land to create illegal settlements. Stop acting like either side is exactly innocent.
Neither side is innocent. Yet, in any war, civilians get killed. Palestinian attacks have often in particularly targeted as many civilians as they are capable of killing.

Sometimes Israel does not know who is armed and who is not. It's hard in the west bank to know who are innocent civilians and who are the terrorists.

Women and children have been terrorists against Israel. I assume when Israel goes into the West Bank, their adrenaline goes up, and they don't know who is and is not a threat. I'm not there so I don't know how many of them intentionally target civilians.

There probably are Israelis that do want Arabs wiped out of certain areas however.

Life in the Westbank sounds like hell, and I know Israel has not been kind, and sometimes even atrocious towards their Arab neigbors.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Neither side is innocent. Yet, in any war, civilians get killed. Palestinian attacks have often in particularly targeted as many civilians as they are capable of killing.

Sometimes Israel does not know who is armed and who is not. It's hard in the west bank to know who are innocent civilians and who are the terrorists.

Women and children have been terrorists against Israel. I assume when Israel goes into the West Bank, their adrenaline goes up, and they don't know who is and is not a threat. I'm not there so I don't know how many of them intentionally target civilians.

There probably are Israelis that do want Arabs wiped out of certain areas however.

Life in the Westbank sounds like hell, and I know Israel has not been kind, and sometimes even atrocious towards their Arab neigbors.
You're making excuses again. :facepalm: Israel massacred dozens of unarmed protesters earlier this year, shocking the world. It's fine, though. I know this board hates Arabs and Muslims and will always excuse Israel's crimes against humanity.

Kirran

Premium Member
So the leaders of the differing countries of the Arab league and comments from Arab commanders in the field don't count? It was said more than a few times it was considered a war of annihilation and I assume quite a few of the civilians of those countries agreed with it-just like Nazi Germany.

Totally counts.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're making excuses again. :facepalm: Israel massacred dozens of unarmed protesters earlier this year, shocking the world. It's fine, though. I know this board hates Arabs and Muslims and will always excuse Israel's crimes against humanity.
Judging by how Arabs govern their people on average, I think it's better that the holy land is governed by Jews.

If the Arabs had won that war, I don't see them being more tolerant. The Arab world is constantly imploding into conflicts and humanitarian crisis. They are also dominated by harsh laws that resemble the Dark Ages.

(That said, Israel is very guilty of a lot of innocent blood shed. I don't think anyone can deny that.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Judging by how Arabs govern their people on average, I think it's better that the holy land is governed by Jews.

If the Arabs had won that war, I don't see them being more tolerant. The Arab world is constantly imploding into conflicts and humanitarian crisis. They are also dominated by harsh laws that resemble the Dark Ages.

(That said, Israel is very guilty of a lot of innocent blood shed. I don't think anyone can deny that.)
The Israelis aren't known for being very tolerant, either. You also ignore the big role the West plays in stirring up crisises and conflicts in the Middle East. But you'll just ignore it because your mind is already made up.

InChrist

Free4ever
Almost Every Arab country pretty much did attack Israel and an estimated 24 Arabs died approximately for every Israeli that died. They even had modern tanks and weapons from Russia. Israel totally owned on the battlefield.

But what if there was a global Jihad where every single Islamic-majority country declared war on tiny Israel, do you think Israel would still stand their ground?

That's really a tiny strip of land theyre fighting over. I think Israel would still win.
Israel would win because God comes to their defense.

Kelly of the Phoenix

But other than that, it seems like Israel is quite good at holding their own.
With our toys. It's like saying we won against the British when we had to beg France to help.

I sometimes find myself wondering how strong Israel's military is.
They currently rely on the fear that fighting them would bring us in, which would bring others in, and soon EVERYONE in that tiny speck of land would be dead. It's not worth it.

The nuclear bomb tilts the balance....One w/ the bomb could take on a million w/ rifles!
But given that the enemy would be within gunshot range, Israel would only give itself cancer and death as well. Nukes aren't worth the millennia-long consequences.

I don't think Israel want issue with Iran but that wont happen because big brother United States will step in anyway.

And we shouldn't because I'm tired of Israel baiting enemies and then we have to come over to deal with it. We have better things to do than to babysit some warmongering country the size of New Jersey.

Considering the stated goal of the Arabs was the extermination of the Jews and Israel, would the world stand by as this happened?
Considering there's such a thing as chest-beating bravado by a bunch of people who obviously can't win against such a tiny enemy, I'm not too worried. Israel LOVES to whine about how dangerous it is, but I've seen way too many tourism commercials where rich spoiled yuppies golf and swim and lounge around the beautiful Israeli landscape. Israel can't have it both ways: it's either in danger or it's not. If it's in danger, it would be unethical to promote tourism there. If it's not, they should shut the hell up.

Which Arabs, specifically?
"Those" Arabs, obviously. :p

What do you make of the fact that Muslim leaders toured Nazi concentration camps when they were in full swing and wanted to create a similar system?
What do you make of putting children in concentration camps in the US?

Why should we turn against people we clearly admire?

Europe planted Israel there when there were already people living there. You wouldn't like it if it were done to you. No one does anything about because Europeans and Americans all have histories of taking land and killing/enslaving everyone there. We apparently have no moral qualms with it even though our own people would riot if the government mowed down houses for a stadium or a mall.

If those countries were bordering Israel, I bet anything they would have also been involved.
They would be ensuring their own destruction as well, though. It's like setting your neighbor's house on fire and suddenly your house plus the entire neighborhood is nothing but ashes.

People are dumb but surely they aren't THAT dumb.

I've met American Muslims and I believe there are many Muslims in Europe who are anti-Semitic and anti-israel.
Given what they are doing to Palestinians, which include Jews, Christians, and Muslims, is it any wonder? Hell, they can't even treat all their Jews right, as anyone outside of Orthodox is gonna have to hear whining about how evil they are for daring to work on a Saturday or something. They are expelling African Jews because apparently black Jews don't count. They are STILL having fights over men and women being on the same flight. Israel does not equate with morality. It didn't in the bible and it doesn't now.

God promised that Jews will be victorious near the end days
God promised Jews lots of things, like an eternal kingdom, and that didn't happen either.

It was said more than a few times it was considered a war of annihilation and I assume quite a few of the civilians of those countries agreed with it-just like Nazi Germany.
Does that mean we get to arrest every white supremacist group over here in the US? Are they not demanding the extermination of peoples? Are they not masturbating to Nazi flags?

I mean, Jesus, the government of my native Tennessee voted to restrain themselves from condemning Nazis.

Read post 19, he toured concentration camps in Germany and is said to have stated that they were too humane and wanted to create similar in the arab world, he also considered Adolph Hitler to be a "diamond among men" he was also Arafat's mentor. You also might want to research the 1941 farhud in Iraq, this seemed a lead up for the mentality of what was to come.
And supposedly our own dear leader reads Mein Kampf before bedtime. This is one of those "speck/log" moments. You should think hard about it.

Arab suicide bombers and terrorist attacks against innocent people in Israel is some evidence that many of them want Israel wiped out, judging by the innocent civilians that they target.
Killing a few isn't going to exterminate ANYONE. Even our own 9/11: we add more births and immigrants than was ever killed in that one instance. We shoot our OWN kids more than any Muslim foreigner.

"Strike into the enemies settlements, turn them into dust, pave the Arab roads with the skulls of Jews"
" We are determined to saturate this earth with your (Jewish) blood, to throw you into the sea"
-Haffez Assad, Defense Minister of Syria
That land has historically been Syria's more often than it has been Israel's.

Native%2BAmerican%2Bland%2Bback%2Blike%2BIsrael.jpg

Most of the time, I read about one heavily armored soldier in Israel gets hit by a stick or a rock and so they mow down tens if not hundreds of people with artillery and destroy entire neighborhoods along with it. Again, if Israel is in such danger, why commercials where they say you can lap up the luxury?

I've read the bible. Clearly, any government based on the bible will ensure destruction in several generations.

Most of the time, the terrorists are the ticked off civilians trying to make sure they can eat more than concrete today thanks to embargoes and such.

My country, the USA, throws temper tantrums when the US uses the legal system to rob them blind, but somehow it's bad when Palestinians get upset they are being outright murdered.

All that "the gubmint's out to git our guns" stuff is what is happening in Israel NOW.

The Arab world is constantly imploding into conflicts and humanitarian crisis.
Again, Israel is not only against Muslims, but Christians and Jews as well. This is not a Jewish condemnation. Clearly, it's a government problem.

Israel would win because God comes to their defense.
Didn't know God was in charge of our launch codes.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Actually you aren't either.

By the way. In Jordan alone:

Jordanians (Arabic: أردنيون), also known as the Jordanian people (Arabic: الشعب الأردني ALA-LC: al-sha'ab al-ūrdunī) are the citizens of Jordan, who share a common Levantine Semitic ancestry. Some 98% percent of Jordanians are Arabs, while the remaining 2% are other ethnic minorities
Demographics of Jordan - Wikipedia

You said almost all Arab countries. I suppose you were insinuating "Islamic countries" at least all the so-called Islamic countries that have faced Israel and lost. Israel didn't face Saudi Arabia, nor Iran, Iran being a potentially nuclear power has the potential of actually destroying the entire infrastructure of Israel if it wanted to if we compare land mass of both countries.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You said almost all Arab countries. I suppose you were insinuating "Islamic countries" at least all the so-called Islamic countries that have faced Israel and lost. Israel didn't face Saudi Arabia, nor Iran, Iran being a potentially nuclear power has the potential of actually destroying the entire infrastructure of Israel if it wanted to if we compare land mass of both countries.
You responded to a post that was saying Jordan and various other countries were not primarily Arab. I proved that post wrong.

Also, Saudi Arabia was funding the enemies of Israel. Iran supplies Hezbollah with weaponry. Iraq launched scud missiles at Israel etc, and many of those Nations had volunteers join the fight.

These nations and forces were standing up to Israel
23px-Flag_of_the_Arab_League.svg.png
Arab League