• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Israel have victory in this scenario?

In the scenario presented, would Israel still win? Your guess

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Israelis aren't known for being very tolerant, either. You also ignore the big role the West plays in stirring up crisises and conflicts in the Middle East. But you'll just ignore it because your mind is already made up.
I want everyone to be happy and I don't want anyone to suffer. Not Arabs, not anyone, but the Arabs are notorious for having completely barbaric governments where free speech is outlawed. Some of those Nations also treat women terribly. I feel Israeli government is better than what the Arabs are notorious for doing with theirs.

But I also think that it is disgusting how much blood had to be shed so that the Jews could have a state.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I want everyone to be happy and I don't want anyone to suffer. Not Arabs, not anyone, but the Arabs are notorious for having completely barbaric governments where free speech is outlawed. Some of those Nations also treat women terribly. I feel Israeli government is better than what the Arabs are notorious for doing with theirs.

But I also think that it is disgusting how much blood had to be shed so that the Jews could have a state.
And who is allied with those Arab nations that treat minorities and women horribly? Who is funding the Saudis and giving them military equipment that they're using to slaughter Yemenis with now? It's the Saudis who are spreading the nuttiest and most violent versions of Islam. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis. Who is toppling governments in the Middle East, creating power vacuums that allow the Salafist jihadist loons to take over?

Don't act like Arabs just naturally choose tyrannical governments. They largely have not been in control of their destinies for over a century, thanks to colonialism and now the proxy wars between the US and Russia. Those people are really not allowed to have a say. And Israel has committed dozens or maybe hundreds of human rights violations and war crimes over the years but nothing is done about it because we protect them. International law is apparently "for thee but not me".

Shaul

Premium Member
Well, then the IDF massacring Palestinian civilians on an almost daily basis and using white phosphorous is evidence that they want Palestinians wiped out. Israel oppresses the Palestinians and steals their land to create illegal settlements. Stop acting like either side is exactly innocent.
Massacring on an almost daily basis? You are divorced from reality.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
And who is allied with those Arab nations that treat minorities and women horribly? Who is funding the Saudis and giving them military equipment that they're using to slaughter Yemenis with now? It's the Saudis who are spreading the nuttiest and most violent versions of Islam. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis. Who is toppling governments in the Middle East, creating power vacuums that allow the Salafist jihadist loons to take over?

Don't act like Arabs just naturally choose tyrannical governments. They largely have not been in control of their destinies for over a century, thanks to colonialism and now the proxy wars between the US and Russia. Those people are really not allowed to have a say. And Israel has committed dozens or maybe hundreds of human rights violations and war crimes over the years but nothing is done about it because we protect them. International law is apparently "for thee but not me".
I'm absolutely hating it with a passion that America would support a cesspit of Fascist-like, dark-aged Theocracy and misogyny (Saudi Arabia.)

I would much rather we helped Iran and the Shiites. ISIS, Taliban, Saddam Hussein, Saudi Arabia, and so many other extremist groups are sunnis.

Shiites are a less severe (on average) persecuted minority, so it makes me sick that we are enabling Sunni tyranny. I'm also a fan of Gaddafi. Libya was far better with him in power . I'm well aware that America is screwing up big time in the Middle East and North Africa.

If we attack Iran that's really going to **** me off!

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You responded to a post that was saying Jordan and various other countries were not primarily Arab. I proved that post wrong.

Notice I said:

That war wasn't fought by every "Islamic/Arab country" though.

That was in a response to you saying

Almost Every Arab country pretty much did attack Israel.

Given your recent tirade against Islam I'm sure there was an indirect reference to religion hence is why I put the slash "Islamic/Arab." In Iran alone when referring to active military personnel Iran has a larger force than Israel and that is just their army. This is just Iran alone! I didn't even factor Pakistan who is training their forces against India which has a larger fighting force. So just imagine these two countries alone however Pakistan is allied to the U.S. so a war with Israel would be awkward. So without even putting Iran in the equation I doubt Israel as far as fighting force is concerned would defeat Pakistan much less I doubt they could defeat Iran without expending a lot of lives in their country. That is my damn point. They didn't fight everyone at least Islamic governments.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm absolutely hating it with a passion that America would support a cesspit of Fascist-like, dark-aged Theocracy and misogyny (Saudi Arabia.)

I would much rather we helped Iran and the Shiites. ISIS, Taliban, Saddam Hussein, Saudi Arabia, and so many other extremist groups are sunnis.

Shiites are a less severe (on average) persecuted minority, so it makes me sick that we are enabling Sunni tyranny. I'm also a fan of Gaddafi. Libya was far better with him in power . I'm well aware that America is screwing up big time in the Middle East and North Africa.

If we attack Iran that's really going to **** me off!
Good. I'm just saying you need to be fairer and stop presenting it as if the Arabs and Muslims are barbaric loons as you tend to do more often than not. It's not a black and white thing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Notice I said:

That was in a response to you saying

Given your recent tirade against Islam I'm sure there was an indirect reference to religion hence is why I put the slash "Islamic/Arab." In Iran alone when referring to active military personnel Iran has a larger force than Israel and that is just their army. This is just Iran alone! I didn't even factor Pakistan who is training their forces against India which has a larger fighting force. So just imagine these two countries alone however Pakistan is allied to the U.S. so a war with Israel would be awkward. So without even putting Iran in the equation I doubt Israel as far as fighting force is concerned would defeat Pakistan much less I doubt they could defeat Iran without expending a lot of lives in their country. That is my damn point. They didn't fight everyone at least Islamic governments.
I was referring to the context of Arab Nations( Nations that are primarily made up of semetic Arab people). Iran is Persian not Arab. I doubt Pakistan is primarily people of Arab blood as well.

Most of the countries I could think of that had an Arab (semetic) majority were assisting in the Jihad to destroy Israel.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If you understand the power of Israel, you begin to understand the God who empowers her.

Biblically, not just all Islamic countries but all countries will attack Israel during Armageddon!

Yeah which is the sickening part of Judeo/Christianity I have an issue with. God creates all of mankind but favors a section of the land on earth while many cultures have torn itself apart only to favor one specific people and one specific land. If that isn't the most backwards nationalistic as well as racist ideology I have heard.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I was referring to the context of Arab Nations( Nations that are primarily made up of semetic Arab people). Iran is Persian not Arab. I doubt Pakistan is primarily people of Arab blood as well.

Most of the countries I could think of that had an Arab (semetic) majority were assisting in the Jihad to destroy Israel.

But as someone else pointed out Israel didn't fight almost every Arab nation.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But as someone else pointed out Israel didn't fight almost every Arab nation.
Well a PBS documentary I watched called "50 Years War" said differently. The primarily semetic Arab Nations that I know of were involved with some exceptions, so that was the context I was using.

Kirran

Premium Member
Just because Muslims are in a war, doesn't mean they're going on jihad. It can be just fighting over land or for retribution or whatever.

It seems blindingly obvious that neither (or any) side is blameless in the Israel-Palestine conflict.

Shad

Veteran Member
Almost Every Arab country pretty much did attack Israel and an estimated 24 Arabs died approximately for every Israeli that died. They even had modern tanks and weapons from Russia. Israel totally owned on the battlefield.

But what if there was a global Jihad where every single Islamic-majority country declared war on tiny Israel, do you think Israel would still stand their ground?

It would attempt to hold it's ground while unleashing weapons and tactics not covered by the rules of war as religious warfare is not covered by rules of war. Tactics seen in Gaza and the WB would just be the tip of the "iceberg". The least I expect is forced displacement in Israeli and held territory (Gaza and WB are technical part of the Israeli government). Deployment of mine fields as per the Lebanon/Israel War. Massive destruction of property due to military action for both offense and defense. For example I could see clearance of buildings to establish a useful field of fire, 2 miles or more.

That's really a tiny strip of land theyre fighting over. I think Israel would still win.

I think religious fanaticism would make a war of attrition more likely than the previous national battle cry. The numbers are not in the IDF's favor. I think Israel would lose such a war in the long run.

I think such a war would follow a Clausewitz derived strategy such as Total War (not the game). Civilian are bombed, cities are targets, etc. Sherman, Grant, WW2 Western air warfare, Eastern Front.

*I think such a conflict would trigger a World War. I do not see the US standing by watching a global Jihad engulf a large part of the planet. China and Russia would at least use it as a pretext to purge or contain it's ethnic populations which are Muslim. The EU will write serious letters*

*I take your scenario as is without injection of current geopolitics. It is Israeli vs a unified Jihad.*

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Yeah which is the sickening part of Judeo/Christianity I have an issue with. God creates all of mankind but favors a section of the land on earth while many cultures have torn itself apart only to favor one specific people and one specific land. If that isn't the most backwards nationalistic as well as racist ideology I have heard.

The land is not even that good either!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Who said that in the Bible, only one specific land and one specific people receive special favor? You haven't read much of the Bible, I would presume.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Who said that in the Bible, only one specific land and one specific people receive special favor? You haven't read much of the Bible, I would presume.

I’m commenting on your comment. “Jews are the chosen people” right? Only St. Michael is the patron saint of Israel right? In Judeo-Christianity the land of Israel matters that’s why evangelical idiots invest and support Jewish encroachment on Palestinian territory. Forget Uganda or Boko Haram or Ukraine or Brazil where wars and fighting has happened. God only cares about Israel and the Jewish people. Am I right?

Sorry I don’t believe one specific human group is that special to a massive and infinitely expanding universe. This planet will eventually fade away in existence just like other primordial planets before it. This planet is one of many God has created. Jews in my book like any other human group are not that special, nor is the land they live on. They exist, live, breathe, and die like anyone else, Their community in Israel has no magical powers, no angels to help them.

I know many dogmatic Christians and some Jews believe in that hocus pocus system of Zionism. People forget there is no land that truly belongs to any group. This whole entire planet belongs to the one that designed it. I think people forget that.

Last edited: