• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With 4100 Americans dead in one day, why did God think viruses were a good idea?

ppp

How do you know it's not a human designed virus? Clearly there is bioweapon research lab in wuhan. I say it's man's fault not God.
Even if your baseless assumption were true, that wouldn't let God off the hook. There is still every other virus. God would be responsible for the existence of viruses and their effects.

Suave

Simulated character
God does not create every species that appears on the planet, evolution does that. Although God monitors the planet and its evolution, he normally will not interfere in it. In any case, the appearance of new diseases/viruses can be caused by bad human karma not by any divine intention.

The main forces of evolution in any population are mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, and gene flow. The ability of these driving forces to perform their role is dependent on the amount of genetic diversity within and among populations.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
You mean you read and listen to peole who claim to know. Yet they have no more access to mystery information than you do.
You could be right, but do you really think God sat and designed creatures like spiders and mice and beetles/bugs? He did not design and create viruses either. But calamities that fall on human beings are the result of their karma and that includes diseases.

74x12

Even if your baseless assumption were true, that wouldn't let God off the hook. There is still every other virus. God would be responsible for the existence of viruses and their effects.
It's not baseless just because CNN doesn't talk about it.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
The main forces of evolution in any population are mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, and gene flow. The ability of these driving forces to perform their role is dependent on the amount of genetic diversity within and among populations.
Karmic forces work in mysterious ways. What may seem like random selection is really karma working itself out. There is a general direction to evolution though - in the direction of more complex and intelligent species. But in cases such as viruses or dangerous bacteria it is pure karma.

74x12

LOL. Who cares?
It's baseless because you cannot demonstrate that you have any foundation for the claim that you are making, @74x12. CNN is irrelevant.
You wouldn't listen. Evidence will be disputed and even disparaged by the mainstream narrators and gatekeepers. This gives you plausible deniability. In other words you don't want to know so you will find reasons to go on believing what you already do. It's called confirmation bias. It's like what Morpheus in the Matrix said about most people not wanting to be unplugged from the system. For you to believe that the msm or government routinely lies to you on a completely grandiose scale would be probably be a life altering occurrence.

ppp

You wouldn't listen. Evidence will be disputed and even disparaged by the mainstream narrators and gatekeepers. This gives you plausible deniability. In other words you don't want to know so you will find reasons to go on believing what you already do. It's called confirmation bias. It's like what Morpheus in the Matrix said about most people not wanting to be unplugged from the system. For you to believe that the msm or government routinely lies to you on a completely grandiose scale would be probably be a life altering occurrence.
So, you've got nothing. As I said, your position is baseless because you cannot demonstrate that you have any foundation for the claim that you are making, @74x12.

ecco

Veteran Member
For you to believe that the msm or government routinely lies to you on a completely grandiose scale would be probably be a life altering occurrence.

Give some evidential examples of, "the msm or government routinely lying on a completely grandiose scale".

Colt

I have no answers to my own questions, obviously, but I thought maybe some of the more religious members could give me some insight into the presumed benefit that we inherit from this one part of God's creation...
We are all suffering the consequences of the rebellion against the rule of the Father on our world. If the rebellion had not occurred incarnate celestial beings such as Adam and Eve would have weeded out viruses and genetic deformities long ago.

Sadly children often suffer the consequences of their parents missteps. WE are suffering from Lucifer's folly. Eventually the situation will be adjudicated.

Covid 19 may well have been a human error event in a research lab in Wuhan China.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It happens. Marie Curie died from the radiation she was studying, studies that brought us x-rays.
What does this have to do with the topic?
Your byline about Satan -- is that for real? Do you really want Satan to teach you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your byline about Satan -- is that for real? Do you really want Satan to teach you?
1) It's from a very tongue-in-cheek song that should never be taken seriously. And in this case, the "how to Satan" refers also to a very cheesy "dad dance" to up the comical aspects of the song and video.
2) I am a Luciferian. The Morning Star guides me. So though it's not Satan teaching me, Lucifer already has been for many years now.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I have no answers to my own questions, obviously, but I thought maybe some of the more religious members could give me some insight into the presumed benefit that we inherit from this one part of God's creation...

Why do you think death is bad?

If every person who ever lived had immortality, what would happen to Earth's resources, for example?

Are you pro choice? Pro euthanasia? If so, why do you think viral death is bad?