• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should God bother giving evidence ?

IAMinyou

IF, the existence of God will not bring any change in your daily life style,

Then, why should God bother giving any evidence/proof ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread IF you haven't yet answered to this thread: Will that make any difference in your daily life style ?

Or, alternatively you CAN also post a combined answer to both of these threads/questions here.

Unbelievers looking for evidence of God do not understand that our CREATOR and HIS IMAGE where all MEN ( male and female ) were created are INVISIBLE.

Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;

Proverbs 8
22 The LORD created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old.
23 Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth;
26 before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there, when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 when he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep,
29 when he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 then I was beside him, like a master workman; and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always,
31 rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the sons of men.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread IF you haven't yet answered to this thread: Will that make any difference in your daily life style ?

Or, alternatively you CAN also post a combined answer to both of these threads/questions here.

Does 'bother' make sense for an omnipotent being? I should imagine it takes stuff all effort.
But ultimately he can do whatever he likes.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Unbelievers looking for evidence of God do not understand that our CREATOR and HIS IMAGE where all MEN ( male and female ) were created are INVISIBLE.

Colossians 1:

Proverbs 8
22 The LORD created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old.
23 Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
26 before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there, when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 when he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep,
29 when he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 then I was beside him, like a master workman; and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always,

Discussion, observation and comments using human words in a human life composed by a human thinker for a human writing thesis. What is overlooked by the reader, a human being actual male believes in what he says.

Yet we are living as that life, mind consciousness, body, bio inside of a heavenly gas mass standing on a stone planet. As the actual teller of stories. Who is detailing information as if he personally does not exist as that human in those conditions.

He first of all is reference to a male. In Nature there is no male before us. The Garden. In animal life a male is an animal with a penis. The same in a human male life to claim the statement of a word as HE.

The statement quotes....He is the IMAGE.

He is the IMAGE of the invisible God.

He is the IMAGE of the invisible God, the first born of all creation.

As a third concept aspect of a thinker consciousness in male life. Who by natural living conditions states....One body is the natural atmospheric gas mass as one whole body. I live inside of that body as an adult male human and a baby son human.

A concept of consciousness in a male human life.

So you told self that you are the image. Yet you are just a man.

So the secondary worded explanation use, which you all seem to forget how explanation in a first use instance would infer information. Would state, the image is formed by the invisible God. Which is not his own he or male or man self.

Then says that He is the image formed of the God of the first born of all creation.

So then you would ask self in creation what is the first body that was born, as a question.

Evaporation of water droplets or the tears of water, in a heated God body mass has to exist to quote God as a concept by a consciousness who is living on that body mass. Which you should always imply to self the story teller to tell the exact human truth.

You then said the first born was water.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You worship evolution but have given it godlike qualities.

Do you really want us to be like ants?

It couldn't hurt...ya know....humans could take some lessons IMO.

The plagues of Egypt are natural occurrences that happen today in certain circumstances. Ancient Man didn't understand that and put them down to god.
The rest is a myth and clearly untrue. Why were the faithful in bondage in the first place? They wouldn't have needed rewarding if their god had looked after them in the first place.
There are no Egyptian records of Jews in Egypt at the time, no records of Moses, losing an Army, the plagues coming in a short while. This is a people, Egyptians, who wrote down everything they could good and bad.

And since you know it all......why are you here posting what a thousand other cynics have already written?.....
indifferent0018.gif

I disagree with everything you wrote there.....the Egyptians were not big on recording anything that detracted from the Pharaoh's deity. Gods can't be defeated or make mistakes....its not a good look.

Its all been done to death mate....seriously, is this is all you came to do....?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

The existence of a real (ie non-imaginary) God with something like the traditional qualities would make a difference to dang near everyone's life.

So the overriding point is that if God can't be bothered demonstrating [his] own reality, why should anyone bother to assume it?

And if they were to assume it, which god should they assume? The Abrahamic? The Hindu pantheon? The Rainbow Serpent? How about the Inca gods?

chinu

chinu

Colossians 1:

Proverbs 8
23 Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.u=
Friend, thank you for your valuable input.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Every time a new baby is born....every drop of rain that falls from the sky.....the sun on my skin....the flowers and their colors and perfume.....the produce that sustains us for food....I think are all miracles. We need to stop and appreciate what is there....smell the flowers.....watch the bees do their job....and take note of the ants and how both cooperate together for the good of the hive or colony, each one knowing their job and just doing it efficiently, without complaint. Learn from them.

The full moon and the myriads of stars at night....these all speak of God to me. How many people never stop to see what is all around them...? Pity. :(
I guess the bacteria that cause bubonic plague, parasitic wasps, children cancer, etc. are also evidence of the creator.

Ciao

- viole

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Its all been done to death mate....seriously, is this is all you came to do....?
No. We do so many things in-between, like fighting on religions, begat children and raise them, brain-wash our children in our ways so that the fight continues.
But ultimately he can do whatever he likes.
That is the problem that he will do only evil things, torture his creations in as many ways as possible. Earthquakes, tsunamies, volcanoes, typhoons, tornadoes, forest fires, floods, drought, diseases. Time that we should revolt against him.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I guess the bacteria that cause bubonic plague, parasitic wasps, children cancer, etc. are also evidence of the creator.
No, I believe that there is another explanation for all that, but I won't bother you about it since you would just scoff at it anyway.
The Bible explains everything you know. I am very happy with its explanations. You can believe whatever you wish. Isn't free will a wonderful thing?
happy0064.gif

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
No, I believe that there is another explanation for all that, but I won't bother you about it since you would just scoff at it anyway.
The Bible explains everything you know. I am very happy with its explanations. You can believe whatever you wish. Isn't free will a wonderful thing?
happy0064.gif

I know you are happy with that explanation, but I hope you will see that the things you mentioned (the stars, the beautiful sunsets and stuff) do not entail the Bible.

So, at the end of the day, you are using the Bible as evidence of God, and that is circular reasoning.

Ciao

- viole

chinu

chinu
So the overriding point is that if God can't be bothered demonstrating [his] own reality, why should anyone bother to assume it?
But, you have already assumed the existence of God. Whereas, the connected thread to OP suggests to refrain if you don't like to.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I know you are happy with that explanation, but I hope you will see that the things you mentioned (the stars, the beautiful sunsets and stuff) do not entail the Bible.
I don't separate the Creator from his creation. You can if you wish...it makes no difference to me.

So, at the end of the day, you are using the Bible as evidence of God, and that is circular reasoning.

I can use whatever reasoning I like, just like you can.
The Bible's account is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Am I standing over you with a big stick forcing you to believe?
God won't either......he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But, you have already assumed the existence of God. Whereas, the connected thread to OP suggests to refrain if you don't like to.
No, the best I've been able to do is assume the existence of uncountable conceptual / imaginary gods.

I have no coherent definition appropriate for a god with objective existence ─ that is, a real god ─ and unfortunately so far no one has been able to supply me with one.

In particular I need the objective test that will tell me whether this keyboard I'm typing on is God or not.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Supposed God for the purpose of this thread is.. The "One" who has created all the things that you see all around you. (And this version is already provided in the thread which is in connection to this thread)

So you still haven't read that link i provided even though you asked. I never actually expected you to read it of course.

So i will repeat

There have been/are over 3800 "the one" creator gods.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

God did make a difference in my daily life and....

The proof is seen by just looking at the creation of this world.

Nimos

Connection is provided. It redirects to that thread by mere clicking on it.
Its me who provided this link/connection, NOT God.
In that case it would be one of my answers:

"God might simply not care about our wellbeing, but really enjoy making sure we know that it exists, like being selfish :)"

another one would be that:

"We are simply part of God's "ant farm" and there for the pleasure of God"

Assuming we are talking about the same type of God as in the other thread? so it is just a creator and nothing else. Then I think the second suggestion is probably the most likely one.