• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should God bother giving evidence ?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
IF, the existence of God will not bring any change in your daily life style,

Then, why should God bother giving any evidence/proof ?

IMO, humans tend to take things for granted after a while. If miraculous things took place on a daily basis, we would soon start to see them as mundane. I believe that God gives us abundant evidence for his existence for those with eyes to see. Nature shows us his personality. Miracles don't make people's faith stronger, so why would he give proof of his existence only to have it taken for granted?

The nation of Israel proved this in the wilderness.....after their release from slavery in Egypt, through 10 terrible plagues, (each one designed to humiliate Egypt's gods) the Israelites left Egypt but found themselves trapped at the Red Sea with no means of escape from Pharaoh's army who were coming to bring them back.

Moses was told to raise his staff and the waters of the sea parted, allowing the whole nation to trek to the other side whilst a pillar of cloud hid them from Pharaoh's sight. After a successful crossing the pillar moved away and Pharaoh and his army launched headlong in pursuit....only to have the waters cave in on them, drowning the whole lot.

Miracles continued to happen. The mountain smoked and trembled as Moses ascended to receive God's instructions. When he descended with those instructions, the nation was asked of their own free will if they were willing to comply with God's laws.....unanimously, they agreed, but a short time later they fell to worshipping a golden calf and incurred God's anger.

As they moved through the wilderness, they developed a complaining spirit and were arguing with Moses about food and water, and even his leadership. God miraculously provided a perfect food for them and water issued out of the rock to quench their thirst. There were many thousands of them to take care of and God did provide for them, but it was never appreciated.....suddenly their life of slavery seemed more attractive, and they expressed a desire to return to Egypt. Their entry into their "Promised Land" was delayed because of this.

Despite the fact that God provided for their needs, food and water...and the fact that their clothing and foot wear never wore out in 40 years, there was still a great lack of appreciation for what God gave them.

Miracles never made people more faithful....their relationship with God did, and their appreciation for his creation touched their hearts in small ways every day. The few who remained faithful were more precious to God than the thousands who weren't....and he rewarded them. I think he feels the same way today....

chinu

chinu
So ... God gives me no evidence of His Existence because I wouldn’t change anyway.

Or ...

God does not require me to change a thing because ... I got it goin’ on !

Can you give me an amen brothers and sisters !
Free will is required to change."He" already provided that.

chinu

chinu
Which version do you want me to believe in?
Supposed God for the purpose of this thread is.. The "One" who has created all the things that you see all around you. (And this version is already provided in the thread which is in connection to this thread)

chinu

chinu
IMO, humans tend to take things for granted after a while. If miraculous things took place on a daily basis, we would soon start to see them as mundane.
Some people believe that miraculous things are all around us, and we are already looking them as mundane well in advance. How do you look at this idea ?

I believe that God gives us abundant evidence for his existence for those with eyes to see. Nature shows us his personality. Miracles don't make people's faith stronger, so why would he give proof of his existence only to have it taken for granted?

The nation of Israel proved this in the wilderness.....after their release from slavery in Egypt, through 10 terrible plagues, (each one designed to humiliate Egypt's gods) the Israelites left Egypt but found themselves trapped at the Red Sea with no means of escape from Pharaoh's army who were coming to bring them back.

Moses was told to raise his staff and the waters of the sea parted, allowing the whole nation to trek to the other side whilst a pillar of cloud hid them from Pharaoh's sight. After a successful crossing the pillar moved away and Pharaoh and his army launched headlong in pursuit....only to have the waters cave in on them, drowning the whole lot.

Miracles continued to happen. The mountain smoked and trembled as Moses ascended to receive God's instructions. When he descended with those instructions, the nation was asked of their own free will if they were willing to comply with God's laws.....unanimously, they agreed, but a short time later they fell to worshipping a golden calf and incurred God's anger.

As they moved through the wilderness, they developed a complaining spirit and were arguing with Moses about food and water, and even his leadership. God miraculously provided a perfect food for them and water issued out of the rock to quench their thirst. There were many thousands of them to take care of and God did provide for them, but it was never appreciated.....suddenly their life of slavery seemed more attractive, and they expressed a desire to return to Egypt. Their entry into their "Promised Land" was delayed because of this.

Despite the fact that God provided for their needs, food and water...and the fact that their clothing and foot wear never wore out in 40 years, there was still a great lack of appreciation for what God gave them.

Miracles never made people more faithful....their relationship with God did, and their appreciation for his creation touched their hearts in small ways every day. The few who remained faithful were more precious to God than the thousands who weren't....and he rewarded them. I think he feels the same way today....
Thank you for your valuable input!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Some people believe that miraculous things are all around us, and we are already looking them as mundane well in advance. How do you look at this idea ?

Every time a new baby is born....every drop of rain that falls from the sky.....the sun on my skin....the flowers and their colors and perfume.....the produce that sustains us for food....I think are all miracles. We need to stop and appreciate what is there....smell the flowers.....watch the bees do their job....and take note of the ants and how both cooperate together for the good of the hive or colony, each one knowing their job and just doing it efficiently, without complaint. Learn from them.

The full moon and the myriads of stars at night....these all speak of God to me. How many people never stop to see what is all around them...? Pity. :(

chinu

chinu
Every time a new baby is born....every drop of rain that falls from the sky.....the sun on my skin....the flowers and their colors and perfume.....the produce that sustains us for food....I think are all miracles. We need to stop and appreciate what is there....smell the flowers.....watch the bees do their job....and take note of the ants and how both cooperate together for the good of the hive or colony, each one knowing their job and just doing it efficiently, without complaint. Learn from them.

The full moon and the myriads of stars at night....these all speak of God to me. How many people never stop to see what is all around them...? Pity. :(
Friend Deeje, thank you for your valuable input!

PAUL MARKHAM

Supposed God for the purpose of this thread is.. The "One" who has created all the things that you see all around you. (And this version is already provided in the thread which is in connection to this thread)
Which creator of all the things around us do you refer to? god of creation - Google Search

I need god to reveal himself so he can sort out themess he created. I can't rely on the word of his messengers because there are so many of them. Each one convinced he has it right.

Evolution created all around you. DNA proves that or is that another myth because it questions your belief?

PAUL MARKHAM

You worship evolution but have given it godlike qualities.

Do you really want us to be like ants?

PAUL MARKHAM

IMO, humans tend to take things for granted after a while. If miraculous things took place on a daily basis, we would soon start to see them as mundane. I believe that God gives us abundant evidence for his existence for those with eyes to see. Nature shows us his personality. Miracles don't make people's faith stronger, so why would he give proof of his existence only to have it taken for granted?

The plagues of Egypt are natural occurrences that happen today in certain circumstances. Ancient Man didn't understand that and put them down to god.
The rest is a myth and clearly untrue. Why were the faithful in bondage in the first place? They wouldn't have needed rewarding if their god had looked after them in the first place.
There are no Egyptian records of Jews in Egypt at the time, no records of Moses, losing an Army, the plagues coming in a short while. This is a people, Egyptians, who wrote down everything they could good and bad.

chinu

chinu
You worship evolution but have given it godlike qualities.

Do you really want us to be like ants?
People use to worship sun in the past. But, the new question was who created sun then ? which further cleared that doubt.

Now, you are suggesting evolution. But new question is who created evolution then ? and cleared this doubt.

Eyes to See

Jehovah God sent his son to earth. Jehovah spoke from heaven on 3 separate occasions the only place where it is mentioned that he directly spoke calling Jesus his son, the beloved whom he has approved. On one occasion in Jerusalem he even told the Jews there to listen to Jesus.

Jesus performed many miracles. Even the twisted Jewish religious leaders of the day who envied and hated him so much couldn't deny Jesus was God's son.

We have God's word found in the Bible preserved faithfully for our benefit.

God has given plenty of evidence of his existence and love of humankind.

He has even commissioned a people bearing his name Jehovah to give a witness to all the earth before he brings about all the changes he has foretold about in the Bible and they carry the identifying mark of the true religion, having love among each other.

There is no doubt God is real. And he is strong, and everything he has foretold will come to be.

chinu

chinu
Jehovah God sent his son to earth. Jehovah spoke from heaven on 3 separate occasions the only place where it is mentioned that he directly spoke calling Jesus his son, the beloved whom he has approved. On one occasion in Jerusalem he even told the Jews there to listen to Jesus.

Jesus performed many miracles. Even the twisted Jewish religious leaders of the day who envied and hated him so much couldn't deny Jesus was God's son.

We have God's word found in the Bible preserved faithfully for our benefit.

God has given plenty of evidence of his existence and love of humankind.

He has even commissioned a people bearing his name Jehovah to give a witness to all the earth before he brings about all the changes he has foretold about in the Bible and they carry the identifying mark of the true religion, having love among each other.

There is no doubt God is real. And he is strong, and everything he has foretold will come to be.
Thank you for informative input!