• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why jesus curse and stop the fig then he can't stop the devil sabotage activity

shmogie

This right here is what has made Christianity just bad medicine for humanity and for the world. You really ought to spend some time reading Teilhard de Chardin and Meister Eckhart.
I prefer reading the Bible and the Reformers.

It is what it is, whether you like it or not.

God does not have a wax nose so that anyone can mold it in the direction they think it should go.

"Bad medicine for the world". Really ? Grace is bad medicine ? Salvation is bad medicine ? Morality is bad medicine ? Agape love for all is bad medicine ?

When their are major humanitarian problems in the world, who sacrifices to provide aid ?

Who invented hospitals ?

I could go on and on, historically Christianity has done much much more good than harm.

Even if these were not fact and your accusation were true, it would still be irrelevant.

Either the Bible reveals God to humanity as it is written, or there is no yardstick to measure God and ourselves by. Without an anchor, the ship is at the mercy of the currents, it goes here, then there, totally directionless.

God is not the author of chaos, He is not whom you decide He should be, His history is subject to change and modification only in some human minds, not His.

So get your play doh out and create your own God who meets all your specifications of whom He should be

Then when the time comes, and you stand before God, you can register your complaints directly with him.

TrueBeliever37

Your theology is really, really off. What if the cross isn't a sacrifice of expiation, but a showing of love? What if the cross discloses the first and deepest impulse of God, that is, self-giving? What if the cross reveals that every thing God does is a pouring out of love -- a sharing of lifeblood? What if the cross is a revelation of our true nature? What if it reveals that we come closest to being our true selves whenever we empty ourselves in love for one another? When we give our heart, do we not give our whole being?
What in the world are you talking about? How much more love could God show us than taking on a physical body and shedding his blood for our sins?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I hope everyone will forgive me for my weakness in misunderstanding

We know Satan is doing much more dangerous things than fig tree

I think Jesus does not have the power to stop devil

Because stopping devil is divine and not human

This is beyond the power of Jesus, and this is a sign that He is not God

I want to send a message to everyone that all the holy personalities on the planet could not stop evil

Just come to act as her representative and then disappear from existence

the question
Does this mean that the fig is more evil than devil

I love Jesus and Christians very much
I wanted to be inspired by a beautiful dialogue in a way that is affectionate and compassionate

with respect and love :hugehug:
many people think the book of Job is a story in which God and the devil made a bet
with the life and soul of Job in the weigh scale

I don't think so
God had nothing to prove
and neither did Job

but I saw no effort to restrain the devil
on the contrary
God said......DO unto Job as you will.....all but kill him

if God is willing to stand back
if heaven refrains...…

you are at risk

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I prefer reading the Bible and the Reformers.
You're limiting yourself. Calvin has an expressly dismal view of the goodness of creation, in direct opposition to what Genesis tells us about our nature.

It is what it is, whether you like it or not.
Right back at ya.

God does not have a wax nose so that anyone can mold it in the direction they think it should go.
I'm not suggesting that's the case. I'm suggesting that there are several valid ways of interpreting the texts, and that what I'm seeing from you places provisos on God's love, God's ability to save, and diminishes the scope of God's self-sacrifice.

"Bad medicine for the world". Really ? Grace is bad medicine ? Salvation is bad medicine ? Morality is bad medicine ? Agape love for all is bad medicine ?
You never mentioned grace or morality, nor did you mention the full scope of salvation, or agape. You did mention a bloodthirsty God who demands a human sacrifice as punishment.

When their are major humanitarian problems in the world, who sacrifices to provide aid ?

Who invented hospitals ?

I could go on and on, historically Christianity has done much much more good than harm.

Even if these were not fact and your accusation were true, it would still be irrelevant.
Not germane to the topic.

Either the Bible reveals God to humanity as it is written, or there is no yardstick to measure God and ourselves by.
Understanding what's written is key.

God is not the author of chaos, He is not whom you decide He should be, His history is subject to change and modification only in some human minds, not His.
God is not whom you decide God should be, either.

So get your play doh out and create your own God who meets all your specifications of whom He should be

Then when the time comes, and you stand before God, you can register your complaints directly with him.
I'm confident that God loves me unconditionally, like a child -- which is what the bible tells us.

sojourner

What in the world are you talking about? How much more love could God show us than taking on a physical body and shedding his blood for our sins?
It's not a punishment. That's the point I was making. "Punishment" diminishes the scope of what God does in self-giving. In self-giving, we don't "punish" ourselves -- we give of who we are for each other, not in spite of each other.

sooda

Veteran Member

I want to send a message to everyone that all the holy personalities on the planet could not stop evil

the question

I wanted to be inspired by a beautiful dialogue in a way that is affectionate and compassionate

The fig tree often represents Israel .

sooda

Veteran Member
I think there are different purposes.

Fig tree. Jesus was saying he expects fruit. Fruit from Israel. Fruit from believers. I think he was showing that real salvation will have fruit in the case of the fig tree else be subject to judgement. Real fruit comes from being connected to Jesus and doesn't come from self in isolation.

Satan. As far as Satan, God uses even Satan to accomplish a greater good in the long term. All things work for good to those who love God and whether the story is Job or Joseph, Jesus in the wilderness fasting or Jesus delivered to die the fame of God's name and the redemption of His people will increase.

Do you remember that the good figs were taken to Babylon and the bad figs were left behind in Jerusalem?

sooda

Veteran Member
The fig is a metaphor for Judah, and the Curse (Deuteronomy 28) is placed on them for murdering Yeshua for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11)...

The Quran confirms they rejected the Curse placed by Moses, David, Yeshua and put it behind their backs.

The devil (slanderer) is within people, and is removed at Judgement Day, which are all of those who reject the Curse without reading any of the texts, and assume they know more.

As Yeshua states in the Parable of the Wheat and Tares, the Wheat are his Children, and the Tares are Children of the devil among us.

The Tares are removed by Holy Fire soon, after the wicked among us start the Battle of Armageddon.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

The Fig Tree The figtree as a symbol of Israel ...
The Fig Tree The figtree as a symbol of Israel | Believersweb.org
Israel The fig tree was used as a picture of Israel not without a cause. As early as in the Old Testament, figs were identified with the nation of Israel by the prophets. Hosea wrote: ‘I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness, I saw your fathers as the first ripe in the fig tree in her first time" (Hosea 9:10).

MJFlores

I hope everyone will forgive me for my weakness in misunderstanding....

the question

source.gif

The Lord Jesus Christ is indeed a MAN and not God.
Not because of any absurd opinion that he withered the fig tree and didn't snap the neck of the devil.
But because he said it so himself as it is written in the Christian Bible

John 8:39-40 New King James Version (NKJV)
They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.

What did Jesus declared and how did he introduce himself in front of the Jews?
He told them, he was a Man who told them the truth which he heard from God
Jesus listened the truth from God, hence Jesus is different from God
Jesus was never God at all.

So who believe that Jesus is God?
the Nicene Christianity - specifically almost all of the so called Christian denominations.

How about other religions?
How do others perceive Jesus Christ?
He is not God - which is correct
but He is not Lord and was not crucified on the cross - which is incorrect.
Because he died on the cross and God raised him on the third day from the grave.
And these facts are written on the Bible from which everybody derives the knowledge of Jesus.

Romans 10:9 New International Version (NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So how can a man be saved?
  1. He has to declare Jesus is Lord
  2. Believe in his heart God raised him from the dead

Two salvation requirements which are impossible to do when:
  1. A person does not believe Jesus is Lord
  2. A person believes Jesus rose from the dead without the help of God
  3. or when a person believes Jesus didn't die and was never crucified on the cross

sooda

Veteran Member
Good and Bad Figs in Book of Jeremiah - Shmoop
https://www.shmoop.com/jeremiah/good-bad-figs-symbol.html
So here's the greater symbolic purpose: one of the baskets contains really good figs, premium figs, Whole Foods quality stuff. But the other basket has bad figs, which are so bad that they can't be eaten, even in Fig Newton form. God says that the good figs symbolize the people of Judah who will survive the Babylonian exile and eventually return.

I believe Jesus has, but now is not the right time for it.

sealchan

the question

You cant have a good God without a bad one. God is both good and evil, Jesus and Satan. So we cannot shut out the darkness without cutting out the source of the light.

We can make choices that affect outcomes but we cannot remove possibilities from potentials.

shmogie

Thank you brother for your generous and generous participation
I really appreciate it

This raises question

If the Father's will to crucify his son Jesus, how can they be one at the same time?

They are two separate parts, I mean that Jesus and God are not one

I want to understand this most mysterious part of Christianity

Three characters each one has the ability or work to do and there were recorded dialogues
As if the person speaks himself

Characters must be separated in order for successful dialogue to take place

god bless you
:hatchedchick:
A person is named Smith, his Father is named Smith, his son is named Smith, They are all Smith´s connected by by blood and DNA. They are Bill.....Smith. Tôm ......Smith. George ......Smith. All separate, all Smiths.

The Godhead, God, is a single being with three points of consciousness. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. All connected and of the same essence, all God.

shmogie

You're limiting yourself. Calvin has an expressly dismal view of the goodness of creation, in direct opposition to what Genesis tells us about our nature.

Right back at ya.

I'm not suggesting that's the case. I'm suggesting that there are several valid ways of interpreting the texts, and that what I'm seeing from you places provisos on God's love, God's ability to save, and diminishes the scope of God's self-sacrifice.

You never mentioned grace or morality, nor did you mention the full scope of salvation, or agape. You did mention a bloodthirsty God who demands a human sacrifice as punishment.

Not germane to the topic.

Understanding what's written is key.

God is not whom you decide God should be, either.

I'm confident that God loves me unconditionally, like a child -- which is what the bible tells us.
Of course Good loves you unconditionally. His love is not the issue.

Did you know that Christ spoke the word repent more than He said love ?

Repent means to change direction from the one in which you are heading.

God is a God of infinite love and mercy, yet He is also a God of infinite justice.

Mercy, love and justice all came together at the cross and were fulfilled there.

Infinite love is displayed there, ultimate mercy is offered there, infinite justice is administered there.

All these for the benefit of humanity.

Nevertheless God is not a God of compulsion and force. We must be saved because we choose to.

Free will is the most important thing that has been inherent in humanity from the beginning. God does not want mindless robots who have no choice but to love him, He wants people to love him because they choose to.

Love is offered, but can be rejected, mercy is offered, but can be rejected, justice is offered, whereby Christs perfect life becomes ours, so we are positionally perfect, sinless before the Father and Christś death for sin is imputed to us, so that the death sentence for sin is fulfilled.

Gods plan to save us from the death sentence our sin has earned us, can be rejected, making us individually and totally accountable for our sin, for which the wages are death, our own death individually and totally.

These things the Bible makes explicitly clear.

TrueBeliever37

It's not a punishment. That's the point I was making. "Punishment" diminishes the scope of what God does in self-giving. In self-giving, we don't "punish" ourselves -- we give of who we are for each other, not in spite of each other.
I don't see how that even applies to my post. You acted like my post was wrong, but gave no proof of how or why.

sojourner

Of course Good loves you unconditionally. His love is not the issue.

Did you know that Christ spoke the word repent more than He said love ?

Repent means to change direction from the one in which you are heading.

God is a God of infinite love and mercy, yet He is also a God of infinite justice.

Mercy, love and justice all came together at the cross and were fulfilled there.

Infinite love is displayed there, ultimate mercy is offered there, infinite justice is administered there.

All these for the benefit of humanity.

Nevertheless God is not a God of compulsion and force. We must be saved because we choose to.

Free will is the most important thing that has been inherent in humanity from the beginning. God does not want mindless robots who have no choice but to love him, He wants people to love him because they choose to.

Love is offered, but can be rejected, mercy is offered, but can be rejected, justice is offered, whereby Christs perfect life becomes ours, so we are positionally perfect, sinless before the Father and Christś death for sin is imputed to us, so that the death sentence for sin is fulfilled.

Gods plan to save us from the death sentence our sin has earned us, can be rejected, making us individually and totally accountable for our sin, for which the wages are death, our own death individually and totally.

These things the Bible makes explicitly clear.
What I am at odds with is this theology which asserts that our nature is sinful, and that we must become something than we already are in order to be acceptable to God. Again, that stands in direct opposition to Genesis.

That vile construct has held The Christian household hostage for far too long. The issue is that you assert that we cannot love God until we change our nature of sin. I think that’s wrong. Our nature is of God. We each contain the breath of God. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

You take the term “repentance” and turn it into a punch line. It’s so much more than a perfunctory and formulaic action.

sojourner

I don't see how that even applies to my post. You acted like my post was wrong, but gave no proof of how or why.
The doctrine of substitutionary atonement is a crock. It has done so much harm to the Body of Christ. Sin is not our nature and does not require blood in order to make amends.

The cross isn’t about atonement. It’s an illustration of our true nature of a love that demands our entire being.

sojourner

source.gif

The Lord Jesus Christ is indeed a MAN and not God.
Not because of any absurd opinion that he withered the fig tree and didn't snap the neck of the devil.
But because he said it so himself as it is written in the Christian Bible

John 8:39-40 New King James Version (NKJV)
They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.

What did Jesus declared and how did he introduce himself in front of the Jews?
He told them, he was a Man who told them the truth which he heard from God
Jesus listened the truth from God, hence Jesus is different from God
Jesus was never God at all.

So who believe that Jesus is God?
the Nicene Christianity - specifically almost all of the so called Christian denominations.

How about other religions?
How do others perceive Jesus Christ?
He is not God - which is correct
but He is not Lord and was not crucified on the cross - which is incorrect.
Because he died on the cross and God raised him on the third day from the grave.
And these facts are written on the Bible from which everybody derives the knowledge of Jesus.

Romans 10:9 New International Version (NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So how can a man be saved?
  1. He has to declare Jesus is Lord
  2. Believe in his heart God raised him from the dead

Two salvation requirements which are impossible to do when:
  1. A person does not believe Jesus is Lord
  2. A person believes Jesus rose from the dead without the help of God
  3. or when a person believes Jesus didn't die and was never crucified on the cross
Peurile nonsense.

shmogie

What I am at odds with is this theology which asserts that our nature is sinful, and that we must become something than we already are in order to be acceptable to God. Again, that stands in direct opposition to Genesis.

That vile construct has held The Christian household hostage for far too long. The issue is that you assert that we cannot love God until we change our nature of sin. I think that’s wrong. Our nature is of God. We each contain the breath of God. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

You take the term “repentance” and turn it into a punch line. It’s so much more than a perfunctory and formulaic action.
Where did you get the idea that I believe there is anything that we can do to become acceptable to God ? I never said that and in fact I believe just the opposite, there is nothing that we can do to be acceptable to God.

Everything that needed to be done to make us acceptable to God was done in our favor by Christ.

If your salvation was based upon changing your sinful nature you could never be saved. Your nature doesn´t save you, Christ does.

Repentance simply means to turn to salvation and accept it. It means you have the understanding that your sinful behavior has separated you from God, and you want to be reunited with him.

You are beginning to more and more sound like a universilist, God saves everyone. That is a flat out lie.

God cannot save those who do not want to be saved, it is contrary to his nature.

You can separate you from God, it is your choice, you are a free moral agent, not a brain dead zombie.

Love does not trump justice, or free will.

TrueBeliever37

The doctrine of substitutionary atonement is a crock. It has done so much harm to the Body of Christ. Sin is not our nature and does not require blood in order to make amends.

The cross isn’t about atonement. It’s an illustration of our true nature of a love that demands our entire being.

Like I said no proof. Just an opinion that means nothing to me.