• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why jesus curse and stop the fig then he can't stop the devil sabotage activity

Good-Ole-Rebel

According to the Scriptures, a mystery is a secret. The word means something hidden.

The trinity god is not something hidden or a secret, it's an absurdity.

Jesus has a God.

If you want to call it an absurdity, that is your opinion. But, as I said, it is not the opinion of Scripture.

If the Trinity is not something hidden, then what is the absurdity? You just believe the teaching of the Trinity from the Bible is absurd? Which is fine, you are certainly welcome to your belief.

The teaching of Scripture is that Jesus is God also. He is the God/Man.

Good-Old-Rebel

LightofTruth

In the new testament, mystery tends to be things that USED to be secret now openly proclaimed. The gospel for example was secret but no more, now proclaimed.

The notion of Trinity is wonderful. God has both love and majesty from all eternity.

The gospel is understood.

LightofTruth

If you want to call it an absurdity, that is your opinion. But, as I said, it is not the opinion of Scripture.

If the Trinity is not something hidden, then what is the absurdity? You just believe the teaching of the Trinity from the Bible is absurd? Which is fine, you are certainly welcome to your belief.

The teaching of Scripture is that Jesus is God also. He is the God/Man.

Good-Old-Rebel
When a mystery is revealed it is understood. Has the "mystery" of the trinity been revealed?

Good-Ole-Rebel

When a mystery is revealed it is understood. Has the "mystery" of the trinity been revealed?

Well, you said it was 'absurdity'. If it wasn't revealed, how could you call it absurdity?

That God is a Trinity has been revealed. That we understand all about it, no. But then, I am convinced I will always be learning about God.

Good-Old-Rebel

TrueBeliever37

This raises question

If the Father's will to crucify his son Jesus, how can they be one at the same time?

They are two separate parts, I mean that Jesus and God are not one

I want to understand this most mysterious part of Christianity

Three characters each one has the ability or work to do and there were recorded dialogues
As if the person speaks himself

Characters must be separated in order for successful dialogue to take place

god bless you
:hatchedchick:

You have to understand that there are some different belief systems in what is called Christianity. Some believe in a Trinity. I am NOT one that believes in the Trinity.

To me the answer is simple. There is only one God (called the Father) and that one God is a Spirit. John 4:24 The Holy Spirit is not another person but the same Spirit.
The Father didn't have blood to shed for man's sin. So he made himself a fleshly body to dwell in and sacrifice for the sins of the world. He called the fleshly body the Son, because the Spirit was the Father of that body. You can't really say the Son is the Father, because the flesh isn't the Spirit. But since the Father (God) is dwelling in the Son (the fleshly body) they are one. That is why when he was asked to show them the Father, he said if you have seen me you have seen the Father. John 14:7-10

It is not two different persons involved but a distinction between the flesh and the Spirit. The flesh would cry out to the Spirit in prayer, but that doesn't mean there were two different persons. The Father (the eternal Spirit) couldn't die, but the flesh (what was called the Son) could. The scripture said in Isaiah 9:6 that the Son to be born shall be called the mighty God and the everlasting Father.

Of course the flesh had a different will than the Spirit. What flesh would want to suffer the terrible death he was facing. But it was the will of the Spirit to sacrifice that flesh for man's sin.

leov

I hope everyone will forgive me for my weakness in misunderstanding

We know Satan is doing much more dangerous things than fig tree

I think Jesus does not have the power to stop devil

Because stopping devil is divine and not human

This is beyond the power of Jesus, and this is a sign that He is not God

I want to send a message to everyone that all the holy personalities on the planet could not stop evil

Just come to act as her representative and then disappear from existence

the question
Does this mean that the fig is more evil than devil

I love Jesus and Christians very much
I wanted to be inspired by a beautiful dialogue in a way that is affectionate and compassionate

with respect and love :hugehug:
Cursing the fig tree?
47"Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!” 48Nathanael said to him, “How do you know me?” Jesus answered him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.” 49Nathanael answered him, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Thank you for sharing my beautiful brother

devil is a free-standing creature
He is seducing Adam and Eve in Christianity to eat from forbidden tree

That's what Christianity says

hug dude :hatchedchick:
No. Satan does not appear in Genesis. The writers of Genesis had no concept of Satan.

sojourner

I want to send a message to everyone that all the holy personalities on the planet could not stop evil

the question

I wanted to be inspired by a beautiful dialogue in a way that is affectionate and compassionate

First, Satan is a metaphor -- not a real "thing." Second, according to the bible, Satan is stopped in the end. This is not the end. Third, it's not up to Jesus to mop up our messes. It's up to us to rise above them.

shmogie

The fig is a metaphor for Judah, and the Curse (Deuteronomy 28) is placed on them for murdering Yeshua for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11)...

The Quran confirms they rejected the Curse placed by Moses, David, Yeshua and put it behind their backs.

The devil (slanderer) is within people, and is removed at Judgement Day, which are all of those who reject the Curse without reading any of the texts, and assume they know more.

As Yeshua states in the Parable of the Wheat and Tares, the Wheat are his Children, and the Tares are Children of the devil among us.

The Tares are removed by Holy Fire soon, after the wicked among us start the Battle of Armageddon.

In my opinion.
:innocent:
satan is a literal, powerful being. He was an exalted angel and was cast out of heaven along with one third of the angels, to earth. They are whom Paul was speaking of when he discussed ¨ powers and principalities unseen¨

Christ has already defeated satan. His sacrifice for the sins of the world ensured that those who make the right choices cannot be claimed by satan. The resurrection ensured the death of satan. he did all in his power to destroy the Messiah, and failed.

God allows time to continue so that more may be saved, but it could end tomorrow.

The earth with itś prince, satan is a very graphic object lesson for the universe as to what occurs when created beings choose to go it alone contrary to the will of God.

When this object lesson is ended, no created being will be left in the dark as to what occurs when Godś direction and guidance is ignored.

sojourner

This raises question

If the Father's will to crucify his son Jesus, how can they be one at the same time?

They are two separate parts, I mean that Jesus and God are not one

I want to understand this most mysterious part of Christianity
Because everything is One. That's the mystery of faith. Everything comes from God, and is God, yet each retains it's own sovereign being.

sojourner

There is a difference between a mystery and absurdity. A mystery is a secret, the trinity is an absurdity.
Is the depth of the ocean and what dwells there an absurdity, simply because we can't see it? Are the vast reaches of space absurd, simply because we can't see it? What's absurd is the notion that your finite mind can comprehend the Incomprehensible. You can't put God in a box and expect God to remain … God.

shmogie

No. Satan does not appear in Genesis. The writers of Genesis had no concept of Satan.
Wrong. The serpent is clearly satan, the author of disobedience. The prophecy about the serpents head being struck, and a heel being struck is about the death of satan, by Christ. The heel being struck is the reference to the Crucifixion.

shmogie

According to the Scriptures, a mystery is a secret. The word means something hidden.

Jesus has a God.
And why is it an absurdity ? Because it is not based in your sense of logic, is not validated by your experience ?

You feel comfortable as a created being calling the creator absurd because He doesn´t conform to your criteria of who He should be ?

sojourner

Jesus has a God.
And Jesus is God. Just as all of us are.
Wrong. The serpent is clearly satan, the author of disobedience. The prophecy about the serpents head being struck, and a heel being struck is about the death of satan, by Christ. The heel being struck is the reference to the Crucifixion.
Not according to Genesis it isn't. First, Genesis isn't a prophecy. It's just not that type of literature. Second, in the mythos of the writers of Genesis, (Canaanite, stolen from earlier Sumerian, Akkadian, Egyptian and Babylonian), the Greek Satan just isn't a concept.

sojourner

You have to understand that there are some different belief systems in what is called Christianity. Some believe in a Trinity. I am NOT one that believes in the Trinity.

To me the answer is simple. There is only one God (called the Father) and that one God is a Spirit. John 4:24 The Holy Spirit is not another person but the same Spirit.
The Father didn't have blood to shed for man's sin. So he made himself a fleshly body to dwell in and sacrifice for the sins of the world. He called the fleshly body the Son, because the Spirit was the Father of that body. You can't really say the Son is the Father, because the flesh isn't the Spirit. But since the Father (God) is dwelling in the Son (the fleshly body) they are one. That is why when he was asked to show them the Father, he said if you have seen me you have seen the Father. John 14:7-10

It is not two different persons involved but a distinction between the flesh and the Spirit. The flesh would cry out to the Spirit in prayer, but that doesn't mean there were two different persons. The Father (the eternal Spirit) couldn't die, but the flesh (what was called the Son) could. The scripture said in Isaiah 9:6 that the Son to be born shall be called the mighty God and the everlasting Father.

Of course the flesh had a different will than the Spirit. What flesh would want to suffer the terrible death he was facing. But it was the will of the Spirit to sacrifice that flesh for man's sin.
Your theology is really, really off. What if the cross isn't a sacrifice of expiation, but a showing of love? What if the cross discloses the first and deepest impulse of God, that is, self-giving? What if the cross reveals that every thing God does is a pouring out of love -- a sharing of lifeblood? What if the cross is a revelation of our true nature? What if it reveals that we come closest to being our true selves whenever we empty ourselves in love for one another? When we give our heart, do we not give our whole being?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

the question

The Fig Tree was a symbol of a fruitless Israel, from God, not a Satanic sign.

sojourner

satan is a literal, powerful being. He was an exalted angel and was cast out of heaven along with one third of the angels, to earth. They are whom Paul was speaking of when he discussed ¨ powers and principalities unseen¨

Christ has already defeated satan. His sacrifice for the sins of the world ensured that those who make the right choices cannot be claimed by satan. The resurrection ensured the death of satan. he did all in his power to destroy the Messiah, and failed.

God allows time to continue so that more may be saved, but it could end tomorrow.

The earth with itś prince, satan is a very graphic object lesson for the universe as to what occurs when created beings choose to go it alone contrary to the will of God.

When this object lesson is ended, no created being will be left in the dark as to what occurs when Godś direction and guidance is ignored.
This right here is what has made Christianity just bad medicine for humanity and for the world. You really ought to spend some time reading Teilhard de Chardin and Meister Eckhart.

shmogie

In the new testament, mystery tends to be things that USED to be secret now openly proclaimed. The gospel for example was secret but no more, now proclaimed.

The notion of Trinity is wonderful. God has both love and majesty from all eternity.

I enjoyed this video, thank you for posting it.

The Arians, who most need it, will probably not watch it.

David1967

Premium Member

the question

Hello @j1i. Do you suppose that maybe the devil is not "stopped" because perhaps his job is to test the faith of mankind as he did in the book of Job?