• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is your religion the true religion?

Gino Cerutti

Italian
Here's what I think: that many consider religion as being Christian, or Muslim, or Bhudism, etc. But indeed I've come to understand that true religion as Apostle James said it is this:

"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

If any who considers himself to be somehow "religious" does these things, then his religion is true. For what in the world can be above love? Some show their religions in use of big fancy words, clothing, and whatever, but neglect the very basic, whether Christian or not!

If one who is a muslim has compassion on a poor widow or orphan who is distressed, and a christian doesn't, which do you think would be accepted before God? Is it not the one who had compassion? Even so far as one who'd consider himself a Bhudist or whatever "religion" he may be. For God is Love. And anyone who has love has God.

By their fruit you will recognize them. Matthew 7:16

rusra02

Premium Member
For our beliefs to be correct, they must be based on what is real, not what is untrue or unreal. Consider, for example, the use of images or symbols in worship. To those trusting in them or praying through them, idols appear to be saviors possessing superhuman powers that can reward people or deliver them from danger. But can they really save? Concerning such objects, the psalmist sang: “The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the work of the hands of earthling man. A mouth they have, but they can speak nothing; eyes they have, but they can see nothing; ears they have, but they can give ear to nothing. Also there exists no spirit in their mouth.” Indeed, they are gods who “cannot save.”—Psalm 135:15-17; Isaiah 45:20. These idols cannot even wipe the dust off themselves, or climb down from their perches.

Jesus spoke about true worshipers who would worship with spirit and truth.
"Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:23,24)

If there is a true God who loves his creation, surely he would not leave us in darkness as to what is true and good. Any human father worthy of the name would teach his children what he knows is true and will benefit them. Find the true God and you will find the truth. The God of the Bible is a God of history. His dealings with men through milleniums are not fairy tales or myths, but really happened. The persons, places, and events in the Bible are part of history. They are real and so is the God who made his Name known through his dealings and works.

MoonShadow1

Freshman Member
Greeting's,

It may well be based on the profound power of belief..... of what we most strongly believe as a reality for each of us.

We do not have to believe in any God and or religion..... and there are a small minority whom simply do not choose to believe .....

Thats the beauty and satisfacton of religion for so many Christians, LDS's, Jewish , Islamic and many other folks world wide.....

I believe the Christian Church.... I accept it's teaching and doctrine as truth..... it's what I truly believe and practice on my walk through this brief life...... yes.. it's the overwhelming power of
"Belief"..... Your Belief may be much different than mine and so be it !!!

And the most facinating aspect of this entire subject to me is precisely this : "Absolutely No One Will Force You To Believe In The Christian Path"............. it may be offered to a person at some point in their lives...... Remember now "Offered" is the correct word !!! ..... And then of course it is up to the individual to accept or reject the offer..... The Christian had obediently done their job..... If any one rejects or accepts it's of their own free will and accord !!!.....

Yes I believe that the Christian Way Is Best..... Even in the midst of many other personal interests in world religions and metaphysical studies..... I have remained steadfast in my Christian Beliefs...... In A Living God & His One & Only Son Jesus .... My Lord & Savior !!!
These are indeed powerful words are they not.......

Thank You ( JustWondering) for your most interesting post and it's great potential to provide many reasonings regarding a most facinating subject. M/S 1

Standup Philosopher

Stand Up Philosopher
I am a Theist, a Thinking Christian, and I do not think I know everything. Nor am I fond of religion, which is a set of beliefs, with a high purpose, and a bunch of rituals. (The Green Movement is a religion) I don't think Jesus came to start a religion; an organization-we humans make religions.

I seek God; I love God. It is a journey. None of us has all the truth, which is one good reason to listen to each other respectfully.

Wannabe Yogi

For our beliefs to be correct, they must be based on what is real, not what is untrue or unreal. Consider, for example, the use of images or symbols in worship. To those trusting in them or praying through them, idols appear to be saviors possessing superhuman powers that can reward people or deliver them from danger. But can they really save?

Can you tell me any one who believes clay or stone is a real God. I am a Hindu I see Idols as philosophical constructs of God or the cosmos or a help to increase your devotion or concentration. Catholics see there pictures of saints as a help to remind them of there life story's. They ask the saints to pray for them. Just like you would ask a friend to pray for you. I or anybody I know doesn't believe that an Idol is some kind of spiritual wireless mike to talk to God. It is just a reminder of God.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you tell me any one who believes clay or stone is a real God. I am a Hindu I see Idols as philosophical constructs of God or the cosmos or a help to increase your devotion or concentration. Catholics see there pictures of saints as a help to remind them of there life story's. They ask the saints to pray for them. Just like you would ask a friend to pray for you. I or anybody I know doesn't believe that an Idol is some kind of spiritual wireless mike to talk to God. It is just a reminder of God.

Absolutely!!

Circle_One

I guess so. I don't believe in atheists. There's but one God who made the universe and the people in the world, believer or unbeliever, theists or atheists. Some say they're atheists because they refuse to be subjected to ideas religious institutions normally subject people to. But whether they believe there's God or not, it doesn't change the fact that it is by the same God and by his appointment that they still have life, for He is not only God of the christians, but of all.

That's why they wrote that "A fool has said in his heart, there is no God."

It is foolish to say so, because, whether u believe or u dont, He is. He is the one who takes care of the affairs of man. Some are evil but are sustained; but who knows if God has reserved them that when their destruction soon fall upon them, some may see it and fear God?

Therefore, as one wrote in the Book that, "There is a way, which leads to life, that even if a fool goes by it, would not get lost."

Now which way is that? except the way of Love? For Christ is the ultimate demonstration of the love of God.

I have a question. While I get what you're saying that God invented atheists as well as theists, I think the REAL question we should be asking is: Did He also invent chatspeak?

phuti

Aspiring Saint
I have a question. While I get what you're saying that God invented atheists as well as theists, I think the REAL question we should be asking is: Did He also invent chatspeak?

Oh, I didn't realize I was in a punctuation forum.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Girls on Trampolines has got to be true. If it's not true, there's simply no meaning in this world. Not to mention, a lot less beer.

Duck

Why are your beliefs (whatever they are) correct and everyone else's wrong? Note: I am agnostic (there could be gods but I have not met any).

My beliefs are right for me. I don't really think, at least not too strongly, that everyone else is wrong. Quite a few, yes, everyone, no. I don't think that anyone else's beliefs are wrong necessarily just because they are not mine, I try to judge based on what I know of their beliefs vice what they do and/or say.

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

Which religions are the other great religions exactly?

These include Hinduism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and the Baha'i Faith.

There are a few other legitimate living religions, but they're extremey tiny these days.

Best regards, :)

Bruce

Greetings! :)

These include Hinduism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and the Baha'i Faith.

There are a few other legitimate living religions, but they're extremey tiny these days.

Best regards, :)

Bruce

I'll have to do some research on Baha'i to see how they reconcile the differences between these religions.

I am a Theist, a Thinking Christian, and I do not think I know everything. Nor am I fond of religion, which is a set of beliefs, with a high purpose, and a bunch of rituals. (The Green Movement is a religion) I don't think Jesus came to start a religion; an organization-we humans make religions.

Humans want stability and security. We attempt to gain these by imposing order on our surroundings, neighbors, and ourselves. Religion, whatever its form is here to stay. At least as long as Humans are around anyway.

Wannabe Yogi

I'll have to do some research on Baha'i to see how they reconcile the differences between these religions.

I can tell you how I reconcile the differences. The Mystics of all faiths all over the world have the same experiences.

There are two sides to any faith worth its salt. The exoteric and esoteric. The out side forms are all different (scriptures, place you go after you die, morals, all look nothing alike ) The experiences of the folks who practice there faith seriously (visions and mystic experiences) are all much same all over the world. If you read the mystic seeings of St John of the Cross or George Fox it looks much like the the teaching of Buddhism or Hinduism. To us who want a real personal relationship with God ( more direct and real then the relationship with your spouse or child) . To us scripture is just a map to God. Its a way of judging your progress and a help in keeping your self on the right track. Once you get to were your going it is not of much personal use. When Paul says even now I am at the right hand of God. This is seen by us “Hindus” not as a philosophic idea. But a real state of being that here and now you can be in the presence of God. We believe you dont need to die to go to heaven. Thats why the Lord Jesus said the Kingdom of God is at hand.