• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is your religion the true religion?

logician

I reject the concept of one true religion or philosophy. That's my philosophy. :D

I don't make any truth claims about it, but I think it makes you better able to keep learning.

I just take it one step further and reject all religions.

Wannabe Yogi

I bat from the opposite side of the plate. (and no I am not talking about sex ) I except all views as long as they lead to be a good citizen.

this means:

-They dont force there beliefs on me.
-They let scientists write science text books.
-They let people of faith ( and no faith ) define what they believe for themselves. Yes this inclueds rusra02 he is a christian. Who am I to say he is not. Who is any one to say my view is the only right one.

Who am I to tell someone ealse what they should believe. As long as they dont push there beliefs in my face. The world has had enoght of my view is right and you are going to hell .

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

@ rusra02

My point is not to say if you are a Christian or not. It's that life and truth are both hard things to understand. Maybe we should judge each other a little less. From a historic Orthodox (eg right thinking) Christian view I am right. But from a human to human point of view you can see how wrong this type of thinking is.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
That's a perfectly sensible response. However, I've decided to take the opposite approach, and collect all the ones I like -- that is, the ones that seem to have something worthwhile to offer and don't require me to believe in things that seem unlikely to be true.

Majdi

I am a Muslim:

I follow Islam because:

1- I think about myself and the universe and know that there must be a mighty designer for all that
2- Such creator must be one not more than that, and must be God
3- Methods of communications between God and me: His way> direct talk (supplication), my way> messages.
4- What message that sustain previous revelations and truth about God, Quran (the only message that is the direct words of God, and not someone else talking about him)
5- This message says that there are so many messengers and prophets through history, some we know and some we don’t: which means that any religion that is here today, is connected some how to a certain prophet or messenger.
6- So why I am not following all these religions, because the same message (Quran), which is the direct words of God also states that people (receiver of these messages) kept building on these message their own human perception, be it symbolizing God in a picture or an idol, be it finding some helper or partners to him, be it perceiving his nature as multiple entities in one, or be it trying to be him ultimately.
7- Such perceptions of human beings are changes to the original message, which was sent by Adam, through Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammad, and the so many others that we don’t know who came earlier (piece be upon them all).
8- Quran states that it is correcting people back to the right track; all people.
9- Above that, through Quran, God debates you with logic. There are so many verses that put you to the challenge by reason.

We cannot argue against the fact that if there is one God, there must be one true religion.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
We cannot argue against the fact that if there is one God, there must be one true religion.

Yes. So the key is to learn to extract that one true religion that appears as a common thread in them all. Islam definitely does not have exclusive rights to Truth.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
We certainly could. If there were one god, it might well be content to be worshiped in a variety of ways.

Of course there is the possibility that no existing religions are the 'true' religion.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Why is that?
there are a number of religions which promote the idea of a One God.

As an honest agnostic I would have to experience something supernatural that is undeniably related to a certain faith myself to convince me of a religions validity. With so many different religions how do you expect someone who has not experienced some kind of revelation to choose a faith if any. Even if I had recieved some kind of revelation I would question my sanity unless there were some kind of undeniable physical proof to back up my experience. Arguments and quotes from holy texts simply won't cut it. Thats just my two cents though.

nour1

truth is an objective area which goes with our reason and logic .any one who believes on something will say I am in the truth and tou are in the wrong way ,this because he trust something which conditionned him since long time and he never asked himself such question because in his believes it is prohibited to ask questions that may become a sacrilege .However , the true religion is the one which gives you a choice in beliving in or not . this is the true religion. Now ,knowing that ,we have to go through all of them and see which one is saying that .islam , christianity ,judaism , hindouism or others ?
in my belives , the true concepts or beliefs are those which goes with our logic and make us in the correct way or guidance , it means that all their recommandations are truly applicable to our life with ourselves and others , this kind of believes is the truth . in this point i think all religions are going ine the same way , but the teaching spreading peace and love between all man kind can be revealed as true or false in practicing really the corresponding recommandations , meaning if the application of the said recommandations are succeeding in this relevant way we can then say this religion is the truth otherwise it will be a wrong one since the applications are not giving a good result .
i don t know if i have given above the correct definitions but since my langage is not english i try to express myself as clearly as possible

thanks