• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I Could Never Be An Atheist

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You all have missed the answer - parties don't exist. Sure there are collections of people who gather together and tell themselves they are having fun while imbibing chemicals (including alcohol), but it's not really a "party" but rather an illusion or worse a delusion of those who fail to analyze the situation objectively.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
If I knew what that means, mayhaps they'd invite me, eh?

Methodological Naturalism is the foundation of science and cannot falsify a hypothesis beyond our physical existence. Many if not most atheists base their belief or lack of belief on the fact that there is no evidence of Gods nor spiritual worlds beyond our physical existence. Since science cannot determine whether Gods nor spiritual worlds beyond our physical existence, atheists most often assume Ontological Naturalism or a Materialist philosophical view, which would be most likely be atheism.

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Another reason Why I Could Never Be An Atheist... they never have a club jacket big enough to fit me

F2YbOvU.jpg

Thief

Rogue Theologian
if I got invited to a party of atheists......I would get arrested

I'd be calling people names
turning over the tables
throwing things around
and beating people with the sofa cushions

clear the house

get arrested

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
if I got invited to a party of atheists......I would get arrested

I'd be calling people names
turning over the tables
throwing things around
and beating people with the sofa cushions

clear the house

get arrested

. . . nah, just a pillow fight. If there is pizza and green jello a food fight.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Methodological Naturalism is the foundation of science and cannot falsify a hypothesis beyond our physical existence. Many if not most atheists base their belief or lack of belief on the fact that there is no evidence of Gods nor spiritual worlds beyond our physical existence. Since science cannot determine whether Gods nor spiritual worlds beyond our physical existence, atheists most often assume Ontological Naturalism or a Materialist philosophical view, which would be most likely be atheism.
I didn't see any either.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Atheism is derived from something which it denies hence it undermines itself. If there is no theism then the resulting state could be atheism except there is no atheism without theism. You see that it contradicts itself. Therefore atheists ought to be cheering the theists, and if the atheists are cheering the theists then nobody wants to be an atheist.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
It's not about belief vs disbelief.
What matters is going to the parties, & getting the recognition.
You're the first person I've ever seen who noticed that. Do you know of any others? Maybe we could have a party!

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
You all have missed the answer - parties don't exist. Sure there are collections of people who gather together and tell themselves they are having fun while imbibing chemicals (including alcohol), but it's not really a "party" but rather an illusion or worse a delusion of those who fail to analyze the situation objectively.
Just because you've never seen a real party doesn't mean they don't exist. :p What do you think all those fake parties are trying to imitate?

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
The other atheists won't invite me to their parties!

What can't you be & why?
I can't be anything because I will always be an outsider at every party. Also because parties are never any fun for me, and I feel guilty all the time for not doing more to help make them fun for others. Also because I can never find anyone who likes talking about anything that I like talking about.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I do not like parties. :(
Please do not invite me to any parties. I won't come. I am an introvert.
I do not like recognition either. :rolleyes:
I'm just like you. There might be others. Let's have a party!

Only, I do go sometimes, for reasons which I don't feel like trying to explain right now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Atheism is derived from something which it denies hence it undermines itself. If there is no theism then the resulting state could be atheism except there is no atheism without theism. You see that it contradicts itself. Therefore atheists ought to be cheering the theists, and if the atheists are cheering the theists then nobody wants to be an atheist.

I most definitely do want to be atheist if not being atheists means having to think in circles like that ;-)

And i am quite happy to be called a non believer in mythology, i dont need a title for it