• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I Could Never Be An Atheist

Audie

Veteran Member
They are all phonies. In their hearts, they all actually
do believe, but are in rebellion. Because of their
unnatural lust for gutter water.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The other atheists won't invite me to their parties!

What can't you be & why?

I could be an atheist, or more likely agnostic, because they are reasonable and logical world views if you simply only consider the matter of fact objective verifiable evidence of the nature of our physical existence. Atheism requires a philosophical assumption of ontological naturalism, which I am not presently willing to take.

Buddhism is an alternative, but Buddhism still has cultural baggage of an ancient world view. The teachings and spiritual principles of Buddhism are more timeless than other Eastern religions, and I treasure them.

Ancient religions like Judaism, variations of Hinduism, Christianity and Islam are not viable choices for me at all, because they reflect an ancient tribal view of the world, anchored in cultural attachments, and their scripture is not relevant to the contemporary world. I treasure their scripture as the heritage of the spiritual evolution of humanity, and often read and study the scriptures.

At present, and everything is in pencil, I am a Baha'i, because of its more universal inclusive view in the context of the evolving spiritual evolution of humanity. It acknowledges that the fallible human perspective is limited, and our knowledge and understanding of the spiritual worlds and our physical existence evolves and changes over time, even within the Baha'i Faith. I believe in an unknowable apophatic God where the attributes of God are known through Revelation, and the attributes of God in the nature of our physical existence.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mine is a simple and human reason for not attending their parties, i cant be bothered.

What cant i be? A man... Who would want to shave every day and walk about with meat and two veg impeding their sprightly step?

dianaiad

I hate parties. They could invite me, but I wouldn't go, and not because I'm not an atheist. ;)

But I have tried being an atheist. It just didn't take. So...I stay LDS, which is, in a way, an ultimate form of atheism......if you stretch things hard enough and listen to particularly nasty anti folks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, just so you all know.
There are other things you couldn't be besides an atheist.....
Dancer
Feminist
Thief
Cat
Bear
Bokononist
Fry cook
Scotsman
Lawyer
Marketing executive
President

The list is endless.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hey, just so you all know.
There are other things you couldn't be besides an atheist.....
Dancer
Feminist
Bokononist
Fry cook
Scotsman
Lawyer
Marketing executive
President

The list is endless.
and if you were to dance like a Scotsman in a skirt....
you might get arrested

and once behind bars......still wearing the skirt.....

you might be called a feminist