• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interesting .. I get it, but it doesn't take into consideration false messengers and charlatans like Hal Lindsey ..

I see God has given this world as a perfect place for the choices we have to make. It is a world of opposing forces. Light being the animating force and darkness the lack of.

I woke from dream this morning so real after speaking to people I went out through a door of a tent structure where about 10 people had beds, 4 were occupied and I had spoken to 3 of the people. When I closed the door it did not quite catch. I could feel the handle and I turned it again, watched the latch touch the striker and noted the post moved a lot, but that it was still latched good enough and as I walked away had strong Déjà vu and looked through the tent window to tell the people I talked to that I had. I know 2 of the people I had been talking to are people I know alive today in different places I have lived. Imagine even in the dream world we think of Déjà vu?

I mentioned this because the soul is not part of the body and when we sleep we can traverse this world, that I now see God has also given in this life, for us to understand we are more than flesh.

I see Every event from the subatomic to the universal has meaning. Every thought and action has consequence.

As I listen to the birds bringing in the dawn, I marvel at my ignorance of what an amazing creation we have been given to understand.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The so called 'love' of the Biblical god is more akin to hate, imo.

You are free to see it that way. From my point of view I see it means you have that choice.

The other choice is to see and live naught but Love.

Love requires Trust and Justice. Thus to me the Bible records the inevitable consequences of our rebellion against God's Love and Justice.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The anticipated messiah was to be an anointed warrior king like David who would defeat the enemies and oppressors of Israel.

We look for an earthly king. Baha'u'llah and all the Messengers are Spiritual Kings. They win our hearts and build strong communities to which God allows other men to rule over.

Do you think that the body of Baha'u'llah rests in the Holy Land by coincidence? It would never matter who ruled Israel. A Bahai would be loyal to that government, but I give you one guess why we visit the Holy land and what King we pay our respect to. By doing that we pay respect to all God Messengers. Also consider that the Bab now rests near the cave of Elijah. Elijah always comes first. :)

I have had the bounty to pray on Mt Carmel for the unity of all humanity. What a great blessing.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew becomes a false messenger himself when he cops Hosea 3 and makes it about Jesus instead of Israel. By fiddling with scripture Matthew makes it political.. Wasn't Jesus enough on his own?

Jesus the Christ does not need any to accept Him. It is pure bounty we have the choice.

What is it we choose to do with that choice, where is it we look for Christ?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm asking you about animals eating each other. Microbes killing people. Even a mosquito bite can give a person a deadly disease. How did man cause that "trouble"? How do you see the beauty of the hurricane flattening a city? Those are the things I want you to tell me how you can see the "beauty' in it? At least Christians have Satan and a fallen world to blame. All Baha'is have is God. Your God made the world like this. To test humans? Then what kind of tests does your God have planned in the next world? Or is it only in this world that he created lots of pain and suffering for some and not for others? We have Central American family that walked hundreds of miles to get to the U.S. A father and his daughter tried to swim across the Rio Grande and drowned. Where's the beauty in that? Ok, maybe that is man making his own troubles, but God made the river.

I see God has given this world as a perfect place for the choices we have to make. It is a world of opposing forces. Light being the animating force and darkness the lack of.

I woke from dream this morning so real after speaking to people I went out through a door of a tent structure where about 10 people had beds, 4 were occupied and I had spoken to 3 of the people. When I closed the door it did not quite catch. I could feel the handle and I turned it again, watched the latch touch the striker and noted the post moved a lot, but that it was still latched good enough and as I walked away had strong Déjà vu and looked through the tent window to tell the people I talked to that I had. I know 2 of the people I had been talking to are people I know alive today in different places I have lived. Imagine even in the dream world we think of Déjà vu?

I mentioned this because the soul is not part of the body and when we sleep we can traverse this world, that I now see God has also given in this life, for us to understand we are more than flesh.

I see Every event from the subatomic to the universal has meaning. Every thought and action has consequence.

As I listen to the birds bringing in the dawn, I marvel at my ignorance of what an amazing creation we have been given to understand.

Regards Tony

CG I quoted a reply post to Sooda as it contains thoughts to your questions.

This world is that of opposites. Nature has a balance and there is no evil in nature. The food chain is just that. Everything that lives feeds in some way.

Reminds me of a song lyrics

"Behold a candle,
how it gives its light.
It weeps its life away
drop by drop to give its flame.

You must die to the world
and so be born again..."

Everything finds its ultimate destiny in sacrafice. Our destiny is to scrafice our own self wants for the good of all, in that way, we are born from this matrix prepared for the next life where service is also gifted.

Regards Tony

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Who are you going to pray to, your buddy the devil?
See this is the thing which cheapens your post. You make personal attacks that really don't make me look bad at all. They simply make you look juvenile.

I don't make such attacks. My assumption is that you worship God as best you can, despite some of your mistaken notions. Why you can't make the same assumption really is just chutzpah on your part. Jews worship the God of Abraham -- last time I checked, Christians claimed to worship the same God. Think about it.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Build strong families and communities in the Love of God. Serve each other, turn the other cheek. Spread that message to all Nations.

Muhammad came to correct the path Christianity had taken in doctrine and expanded service to building strong nations.

When that started going wrong, along came the Bab and Baha'u'llah to show us how to serve all humanity.

Regards Tony
So Jesus gave his life up to be crucified to spread the message that people should build strong families and communities and serve each and turn the other cheek? The early Christians gave their lives for these teachings? And how was that better than what Judaism was teaching? So it is a false teaching of the church that said that Jesus gave his life as a ransom for sin? That by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross a person would gain eternal life? That without accepting Jesus' sacrifice a person dies in their sin and will spend eternity in hell? None of those things the church starting teaching was correct?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Jesus the Christ does not need any to accept Him. It is pure bounty we have the choice.

What is it we choose to do with that choice, where is it we look for Christ?

Regards Tony
This is what was asked: "Matthew becomes a false messenger himself when he cops Hosea 3 and makes it about Jesus instead of Israel." Surely you've read the beginning of Matthew. Check those "fulfilled" prophecies. Read them in context. After you do that, do you still see these verses from the Jewish Bible as being, first of all prophecies, and second of all, prophecies fulfilled by Jesus?

Oh and before I forget, Since Baha'is believe there was a progression from one religion to the next, which religion preceded Judaism? 'Cause the religions of all the people around Israel were called false. I don't know of any that it says was true.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Matthew becomes a false messenger himself when he cops Hosea 3 and makes it about Jesus instead of Israel. By fiddling with scripture Matthew makes it political.. Wasn't Jesus enough on his own?
I do not know much about Biblical history, but I was under the the impression that the Gospel was "according to Matthew" which means that it was not written by Matthew. How accurately do the four Gospels of Jesus represent what Jesus actually said?

Spartan

Jews worship the God of Abraham -- last time I checked, Christians claimed to worship the same God. Think about it.

You and the Jews should think more about it.

Jesus is Jehovah: Jesus Must be Jehovah

Jesus is the Messenger who is God (the Son) in the Burning Bush: Angel of the LORD | Precept Austin

This is about "THE" Angel of the Lord in the Old Testament. Everywhere you see "THE" Angel of the Lord in the OT he is speaking and acting as God.

"Angel in both Hebrew (malak) and Greek (aggelos or angelos) means a messenger and Jesus as the Word of God (Jn 1:1; Re 19:13-note) is the ultimate Messenger sent from the Father with a message of the good news of God's covenant love for sinful mankind..."

At the burning bush, it was the “Angel of the Lord” (who spoke as God) Who appeared and Who called to him from the midst of the bush, Moses “hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God”.

Exodus 3:2, 3, 4, 5, 6 And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed...4 When the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush & said, "Moses, Moses !" And he said, "Here I am." 5 Then He (the Angel of the LORD) said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground. 6 He said also, "I Am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." (an allusion to God's covenant first with Abram and passed on to and through Isaac and Jacob - see Abrahamic Covenant) Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God (the Angel of the LORD)

MacArthur comments that the Angel of the LORD is literally...a “messenger of Yahweh” who, in context, turns out to be the Lord Himself talking to Moses (cf. Acts 7:30 Stephen's Sermon comments this OT event). (MacArthur, J.: The MacArthur Study Bible Nashville: Word)

In addition, Malachi 3:1 translates the word malak - angel, as "messenger" twice (Strongs # 4397): "I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant." The Lord is the messenger.

Study it.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

That's another topic. Let's stick to what I brought up.
Jews worship the God of Abraham.
Christians worship the God of Abraham.

Therefore despite our differences in theology (we cannot both be correct about Jesus, for example) we do have this one humongous thing in common. Neither of us should go around saying the other worships Satan.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
We look for an earthly king. Baha'u'llah and all the Messengers are Spiritual Kings. They win our hearts and build strong communities to which God allows other men to rule over.

....... and the above is a clear message of warning to egalitarians and all women everywhere in the World..... to stay clear of Bahai.
:shrug:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

It was political.
Jesus and the Baptist both wanted to cut the flow of money to a corrupted priesthood and its Temple.

They wished to bring MERCY without SACRIFICE to the people. It says so in the bible!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Jesus is the Messenger who is God (the Son) in the Burning Bush: Angel of the LORD | Precept Austin.

Jesus was a Galilean Jewish peasant who picked up the Baptist's mission and tried to take it forward.

But he failed to get the people's support in Galilee, and failed in Jerusalem.

And what came after is all 'spin'...... Pauline and Johannan spin.

Yeah....... I studied it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So Jesus gave his life up to be crucified to spread the message that people should build strong families and communities and serve each and turn the other cheek? The early Christians gave their lives for these teachings? And how was that better than what Judaism was teaching? So it is a false teaching of the church that said that Jesus gave his life as a ransom for sin? That by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross a person would gain eternal life? That without accepting Jesus' sacrifice a person dies in their sin and will spend eternity in hell? None of those things the church starting teaching was correct?

We have been all over that any times CG. I see that All doubt is dissapated when we serve each other.

Thus I see it in a different way CG, I am not looking for the wrong, it was what it was. Maybe we spent to much time trying to explain what may have been an error in the past. What matters is what we do for each other in the times to come.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
....... and the above is a clear message of warning to egalitarians and all women everywhere in the World..... to stay clear of Bahai.
:shrug:

Again you see something that was not said.

Men in a true sense of the word, the intent I used, means mankind, both sexes and all races.

Regards Tony