• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Obama have such a poor record regarding religious persecution in the world

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The fact 10-12 percent of Syrian war refugees overall are Christian, and the fact less than one percent of the Syrian war refugees whom the Obama administration accepted into the United States were those who are Christian, does demonstrate my point that the Obama administration was decisively in favor of Muslims over Christians.

Actually absolutely NO. Please refer to the follow up post concerning the actual comparison between Trump and Obama concerning Christian and Muslim immigration.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Most Syrian refugees weren't Christians.... The Christians sided with Assad.

The US doesn't ASK about the religion of refugees.

1. The Tolerant Dictator: Syria's Christians Side with Assad ...
    archive.is/76uc6
    The Tolerant Dictator Syria's Christians Side with Assad Out of Fear. ... Syria's Christian congregations are among the oldest in the world, and the archbishop would like them to continue to exist for many years to come -- which gives him a reason to take Assad's side.

2. Christians and the Assad Government: the Untold Story
    Index of /news34christians-and-the-assad-government...
    "Russia has given hope to the people of Syria," according to Patriarch Ignatios Ephrem II, leader of the Syrian Orthodox church. With this history, is it any wonder that nearly the totality of Syrian Christians have sided with Assad and the Russian government who …

3. Why do Christians in Syria like Bashar al Assad’s regime ...
    https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Christians-in-Syria-like-Bashar-al...
    Syrian Christians fear overturn of Assad regime. Two years ago, it was safer to walk down a Syrian street than one in Australia, says Andrew Lake, an Australian Christian missionary recently returned from the Arabic hot-spot.

4. Syrian Christians become kidnapping targets, flee to ...
    The GroundTruth Projectsyrian-christians-become...
    When the Syrian uprising broke out in March 2011, Christians remained neutral or sided with Assad. They saw that Muslim extremists – both Shia and Sunni – had driven Christians

5. Most Syrian Christians Aren’t Backing Assad (or the Rebels ...
    https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/comment/most-syrian-christians...
    Most Syrian Christians Aren’t Backing Assad (or the Rebels) 20 December 2016. ... I’ve spent the last year interviewing Syrian Christians, both religious and lay, from different Syrian cities: Damascus, Aleppo, Homs and Al-Qamishli. Some of them are still based in Syria, while others have left the country. ...

6. Syria's Christians Back Assad | Christianity Today
    https://www.christianitytoday.com/.../july/syria-christians-assad.html
    This spring, many Syrian Christians rejected protestors' demands for embattled president Bashar al-Assad to resign. But Christians did broadly endorse democratic reforms that would bring an end to …

Oh....um...ok

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Donald J. Trump ultimately opposed the U.S. invasion of Iraqi in 2003; as he has stated , he would've had the U.S. military invade Iraqi correctly the first time during the first Persian Gulf War in 1991. By this, I suppose Donald J. Trump meant Saddam Hussein would have been taken out of power from Iraq by our military forces in 1991, if Donald J. Trump were the Commander and Chief back then.
yep, because invading sovereign states is just that easy and legal. I'm assuming that Trump wouldn't have encountered the exact same insurgency problems that happenex post '03 either, of course.
Believe you me, if Donald J. Trump were President during Obama's time, the U.S. military would have prevented Assad from repeatedly using chemical weapons against his own people.
how?
There'd been far fewer refugees, and what few there'd been taken in by America, they would have been a proportionately higher number of Christians.
How? Why?

I see lots of amazing grand claims here, I see very little support for them.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Most Christians stayed in Syria. They back Assad. Your assumptions are incorrect.

Good point!!!

In more ways than this, based on the actual statistics between Obama and Trump as cited..

This is the consistent problem with this thread based on a religious and political agenda and not the facts.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Oh....um...ok

You made an assumption and then blamed Obama.

The Tolerant Dictator Syria's Christians Side with Assad Out of Fear Many of Syria's 2.5 million Christians are supporting President Bashar Assad amidst ongoing protests in the country.

The Tolerant Dictator: Syria's Christians Side with Assad Out of Fear - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

Syrian Orthodox Patriarch Ignatius came. He is 78 years old and critically ill, but still a powerful figure. Bishops and archbishops representing Catholics, Armenians, Aramaeans and Assyrians were also present. In total, there were a dozen religious leaders, representing around 2.5 million Syrian Christians.

Advertisement
The message they received from their head of state was short and simple: Either support me, or your churches will burn.

It seemed Assad, himself a member of the Alawis, a branch of Shia Islam, didn't want to assume that Syria's Christians would continue to remain aloof from politics. Sensing that not only his authority but perhaps his very survival was at stake, he resorted to the same means his father, Hafez Assad, once used to maintain power: pressure and violence.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It would have been extremely stupid to have overthrown Saddam Hussein in 1991.
Turns out doing it in '03 wasn't great either, in hindsight. But I imagine the Trumpette true believers will come up with some nonsense claim about Trump being able to make it a good thing, somehow. Because reasons.

sooda

Veteran Member
Turns out doing it in '03 wasn't great either, in hindsight. But I imagine the Trumpette true believers will come up with some nonsense claim about Trump being able to make it a good thing, somehow. Because reasons.

Trump is so dumb.. I really can't believe it, but he shows how ignorant and incurious he is every day.. I shouldn't be shocked anymore.

sooda

Veteran Member
eHNr7NW.jpg

ManSinha

he would've had the U.S. military invade Iraqi correctly the first time during the first Persian Gulf War in 1991. By this, I suppose Donald J. Trump meant Saddam Hussein would have been taken out of power from Iraq by our military forces in 1991, if Donald J. Trump were the Commander and Chief back then.

Those are some huge credibility gaps there

Donald Trump - a draft dodger - in hindsight - will make strategy for the US Army!

And you purport to know what he meant?

ManSinha

I'm critical of the way Obama had favored Muslims over Christians; Trump doesn't play favorites with Muslims over Christians.
No - he actively discriminates against them and is a coward while doing so
He had a ban on travel from Muslim majority countries citing terrorism concerns and left the biggest of them all - Saudi Arabia - alone -

ManSinha

But you have to admit he's and "excellent" con-artist who knows how to pander to his base by using fear-mongering and his constant barrage of lies.

Why do think he won the election?

That he is a con artist is not in doubt - that so many individuals in my adopted country are naive is sad

"I will build a wall and make Mexico pay for it"

"I will make jobs come back"

"It is so easy to reform the healthcare industry - I shall do it first day in office"

Shad

Veteran Member
Those are some huge credibility gaps there

Donald Trump - a draft dodger - in hindsight - will make strategy for the US Army!

And you purport to know what he meant?

Being a draft dodger is only an insult when one believes in the draft. For many those days died during Nam.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why do think he won the election?

That he is a con artist is not in doubt - that so many individuals in my adopted country are naive is sad

"I will build a wall and make Mexico pay for it"

"I will make jobs come back"

"It is so easy to reform the healthcare industry - I shall do it first day in office"
Trump told that which many people wanted to hear, and I know some of them personally because they're family and friends.

They bought into his lies, and they also ignored the utter depravity of so many of his words. Nor did they do their homework because so much of what he proposed was nothing short of sheer nonsense.

But I also think a lot of it was that so many were and are upset with our two-party system whereas all too many of the politicians put party ahead of country. For that, I can't blame them for being upset.

Shad

Veteran Member
He had a ban on travel from Muslim majority countries citing terrorism concerns and left the biggest of them all - Saudi Arabia - alone -

Obama created that list.

sooda

Veteran Member

You obviously don't know anything about KSA.. Their intelligence to the US has helped Homeland Security a great deal. They are our oldest ally in the region and they aren't on the dole.

ManSinha

You obviously don't know anything about KSA.. Their intelligence to the US has helped Homeland Security a great deal. They are our oldest ally in the region and they aren't on the dole.

But do they not also encourage Wahabi Islam?