• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Obama have such a poor record regarding religious persecution in the world

sooda

Veteran Member
I did some reading on KSA and its purported links to terrorism

It is intriguing - they sit where most of the islamic terror groups would establish their caliphate - so they have a deep interest in preventing that kind of terrorism from developing
Yet some organizations like the Cato Institute put out reports with half truths that do not hold water once dissected.

The Saudis don't want a Caliphate.. In 1924 or thereabouts the Emir of Mecca declared himself Caliph and Ibn Saud chased him off the Arabian peninsula a couple weeks later. The Ottoman Empire wasn't good for the Gulf States..

Nasser made noises about a Caliphate (He was wildly popular in the Arab world) but he wanted to take control of all oil revenues and of course that dog won't hunt.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Like I said earlier - not scientifically accurate - it is sponsored by the institute for integrative care - look up and see how many of their recommendations are peer reviewed

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/what-are-bone-spurs#1

Maybe I didn't use the correct medically terminology when I claimed bone spurs can be dissolved. Perhaps the more accurate term is "resorbed". I read on a foot doctor's website that "the body is capable of resorbing a spur,..."

Can a bone spur go away without surgery?

Bone resorption - Wikipedia

ManSinha

Maybe I didn't use the correct medically terminology when I claimed bone spurs can be dissolved. Perhaps the more accurate term is "resorbed". I read on a foot doctor's website that "the body is capable of resorbing a spur,..."

Can a bone spur go away without surgery?

Bone resorption - Wikipedia
I said it once - I shall say it again - does not happen - which is why kidney stones are not resorbed and which is why some people have to have back surgery - I could go on and on

And @shunyadragon pointed out - your argument is moot given that Mr. Trump had his doctors lie on his behalf

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I said it once - I shall say it again - does not happen - which is why kidney stones are not resorbed and which is why some people have to have back surgery - I could go on and on

And @shunyadragon pointed out - your argument is moot given that Mr. Trump had his doctors lie on his behalf

Well, as a Trump supporter, I'm glad there are doctors who told white lies in order to keep Donald J. Trump out of trouble.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why on earth would you support a lifelong bully, cheat and liar?

There are character flaws in most people, including Donald J.. Trump; I still like him because of his right-wing populism political ideology. Hence, I'm willing to overlook his personal character flaws.

sooda

Veteran Member
There are character flaws in most people, including Donald J.. Trump; I still like him because of his right-wing populism political ideology. Hence, I'm willing to overlook his personal character flaws.

You think populism is a good thing? It appeals to the lowest common denominator.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do they? I think doing what is prescribed by a being a good secular humanist will suffice, myself

It does, sort of. Prescriptions are not enough for anyone. But religious wisdom is necessary for secular humanism as much as for its alternatives.

Unfortunately it is not only muslims - there are others that cling to archaic views and any attempt to discuss or prevent evidence to the contrary has one branded an agent of satan

True enough. But Muslims are remarkable by that measure. Other than certain Christian groups, they are almost alone in that regard.

As @Vinayaka pointed out, some people are very glad to give you their pamphlets but when you start talking to them and happen to know more than the mere basics - they will make some excuse and leave
Ostensibly the training they have gotten does not teach intelligent debate and self thinking from a rational perspective
Yep. It is a plague that endangers any doctrine that is taken by that behavior.

ManSinha

There's many various jobs with depressed wages due to globalism or tolerance of illegal immigration.
And in this tight labor market there are many that have higher wages - you seem literate - try to find out one that will allow you to better your life

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
And in this tight labor market there are many that have higher wages - you seem literate - try to find out one that will allow you to better your life

I'm very fortunate to have inherited some wealth from my grandfather ...I've done financially well with my inheritance. I actually like the fact since the Tax Cut and Jobs Act has been implemented, I get to keep more of my investment income. Of course, being that I used to be among the working class folk, I can relate to their concerns as well as to my privilege class issues. ...:)

ManSinha

Remember a lot of what TCJA has done will disproportionately affect the less fortunate folk - not terribly "Christian" thing to do in a country that claims to be Christian

Shad

Veteran Member

There is still a question at hand. Do those that calling Trump a draft dodger support the draft? If they do not support the draft then the criticism is pointless. If they do support the draft they have bigger issues than what Trump did (in my mind)

sooda

Veteran Member
There is still a question at hand. Do those that calling Trump a draft dodger support the draft? If they do not support the draft then the criticism is pointless. If they do support the draft they have bigger issues than what Trump did (in my mind)

It was the law at the time.. Trump didn't protest the draft law or the Vietnam war.. He didn't run off to Canada.

sooda

Veteran Member
So? Something being a law does not make it right.

Lack of speaking out does not automatically make someone a supporter of something.

It makes him a phony and a coward.. He didn't have the grades to stay in school.. He paid off a doctor for a fake bone spur diagnosis.. and now he claims he knows more than the generals. Don't you find him disgusting?