• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you here?

GoodbyeDave

No, I don't mean why do you exist, but why you are on this forum. A count of the 20 most recent posts showed
7 politics
6 Christianity
3 general religion
2 jokes
1 science
1 incomprehensible
Not quite a religious forum! Those who are not Christians, atheists, or Bahai seem to be very quiet: perhaps a lot have just given up and gone home! So, why are you here?

Baladas

An Págánach
I'm here to discuss religious/spiritual topics mainly.
Ultimately, I want to connect with people more in that context.
I don't get very many chances to do that as a non-Christian.

I also love to find commonalities with those who follow the major faiths (or no faith) and help them to overcome misconceptions about polytheists/Pagans (such as helping them realize that Pagans are not looking to sacrifice people to their Devil or whatever else they might think).

I would love it if there were more Pagans, or at least polytheists, who were active on here though.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To tell other posters..the ones who dare disagree with
me...how stupid, racist, sexist, uneducated & wicked they are.

Wait.....I momentarily thought I was....uh....that guy...you know him (or her).

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I heard there would be snacks...plus everyone else I know has quit talking to me.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think looking at the twenty most recent posts from a single day is going to paint a representative sample of forum activity. :sweat:

Why I joined originally and why I am here now are two different things. Many days, it's simply a matter of habit and obligation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think looking at the twenty most recent posts from a single day is going to paint a representative sample of forum activity. :sweat:

Why I joined originally and why I am here now are two different things. Many days, it's simply a matter of habit and obligation.
Obligation...yes, that's it!
I'm here because I'm compelled by my responsibility to enrich & embiggen others.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I came in response to a question that a search engine turned up. I stay to
(1) have fun
(2) argue about why I'm right on certain topics
(3) lead the unenlightened masses from ignorance to truth

And in any given post and any given day, the balance between these shifts a bit. But it is telling that 14,248 posts are in the "last post is the winner" thread which is about half of my total post count.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No, I don't mean why do you exist, but why you are on this forum. A count of the 20 most recent posts showed
7 politics
6 Christianity
3 general religion
2 jokes
1 science
1 incomprehensible
Not quite a religious forum! Those who are not Christians, atheists, or Bahai seem to be very quiet: perhaps a lot have just given up and gone home! So, why are you here?
Not much reason anymore. I can count on one hand how many full conversations I've had in the past fivish years.