• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are We Here?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why did god create humans?

cartoon-god-larson-e1354290552831.jpeg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear

Why on earth are you there
When you're everywhere
Come and get your share

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Yeah we all shine on

allfoak

Alchemist
Trying to figure out why we are here is like trying to untangle old fishing line.
It is rather complicated.
The best that most can hope for is to tell the truth and do good to others.
If we do this we will find a sense of purpose.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am here because my parents created a life from themselves. They are here for the same reason. There parents are here for the same reason, so on and so on. Maybe all the way back to God.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Why are We Here?

I'll answer from my pantheist non-dual (God and creation are not-two) perspective. We are the infinite God/Consciousness/Brahman experiencing finite existence. It is all a play/drama of God/Brahman. He separates Himself from Himself and then returns Himself to Himself. Why? Why do humans create plays/drama; to experience. Aren't we having fun experiencing finitely:) and hopefully growing spiritually?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I am here because my parents created a life from themselves. They are here for the same reason. There parents are here for the same reason, so on and so on. Maybe all the way back to God.

Except there's no reason to think that any gods exist.

Skwim

Veteran Member
There is no why. There is no reason. We just are. Trying to assign meaning to something that just happens to be is pointless.
"Just happens"? You mean that human existence is an utterly random event? Humans could just as well not exist as exist?

I think it is because we're funny.
God needed to be entertained. Okay. :thumbsup:

I didn't ask why you think you, bobhikes, is here, but why god created humans (My question is predicated on the belief that god created us)

Why do we ask Why?
Whats the purpose of the Why question?
Nah, you have to answer my question first. ;)

TO EVERYONE: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED HUMANS DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING.
Thank You

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
"

I didn't ask why you think you, bobhikes, is here, but why god created humans (My question is predicated on the belief that god created us)

At the very end my reply stated Maybe all the way back to God. I do not have a direct line to God so I can only state maybe. From the rest of the quote it would be maybe because God wanted to create a life from himself. As in we are made in the likeness of God. Same as any parents that want to have kids. They just want to create life from themselves. They always have the option not to or to adopt but they want to create there own life.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Got an easier question?

You can ask the "why" question until the cows com home!

If we say are here because God created us then the question remains why did God create us or why dos god exist ...

Maybe we are here simply too experience what it is like 2 be human - thee ups & downs; the love & the wonder; the mystery and the thoughts that run through our minds.

Hope you find the answer you are looking for!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
We are here because the events that would impede our presence here did not manifest themselves.

Super Universe

Defender of God
The universe and sentient life were created to conduct a personality experiment. God wanted to become more. He wanted to experience many unique personalities. He could not do this by staying as He was which was all knowing God. So, He created a Son, they both created another being, Spirit. Then God created a universe and fragmented His form to give life to the life forms in that universe.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Nah, you have to answer my question first.

Think about this. If you follow my posts, that is.

How can I answer your question when I god does not exist? The best I can get out of the OP is "why are we created?"

I never asked the question. I never felt anyone created me on a "godly" level. So, why ask Why? and why god?