• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are We Here?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why did god create humans?
The problem I have with the question is that it implies sapience and will. Because that's where "purpose" comes from. I don't see any reason to ascribe those human characteristics to God. I see God as more like gravity than a superman. Gravity doesn't "decide" to make rain fall or ignite nuclear fusion in a star. It just does.

I like to think that humans, and living things in general, have a tiny bit of God in them. But God doesn't decide to make us individually, it's more like we are drops of spray flipped off the top of an ocean wave. We exist separately for a flicker, then fall back in. When that happens, the drop doesn't cease to exist. It merges back into the ocean it came from. Similarly, when we die the important part of us merges back into God. Like the droplets of spray. All that disappears when we die is the illusion that we are separate from God.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Personally I like Meher Baba's formulation which can be shown in an image. The why is for God to experience being God consciously through ever growing awareness culminating in "involution" back to the source.

creation.png

chinu

chinu
Why did god create humans?
Sounds like..
Tide asking a Sea.. Why we emerges out of you ?
And in the next second when Tide merges back into the Sea, Tide becomes the whole Sea itself, and that time there's no one to question.. loll. :)

Last edited:

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
This question of "why God created humans" become a moot point if
we evolved from pond scum.
I tend to favor the pond scum notion having dealt with the garbage
walking around looking like humans but acting like savage animals
for over two decades.
I was a zoo keeper.:mad: When the animals acted badly we locked them
up in steel cages for a while.
That fixes nothing of course but it does get the predatory critters
out of circulation for a while.:D

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Nice, I guess, but why did god create humans?

He didn't create anything. Being outside of time, He did/does nothing.

I suggest, we exist (and have always existed) necessarily. To observe. We're explorers.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
"Just happens"? You mean that human existence is an utterly random event? Humans could just as well not exist as exist?

Yup. We're here because of the circumstances behind our evolution. Had things been different, whatever lifeform, if there was one at all, would have been different. Why is this unknown to you?
[/QUOTE]

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Two things
1)The OP asks about God specifically
2)There is always a reason to think something exists.

Not a rational reason. People want gods to exist to allay their fears. That doesn't mean that there's any actual reason to think that gods actually exist. Wishful thinking and emotional comfort are not legitimate reasons.

Skwim

Veteran Member
He didn't create anything. Being outside of time, He did/does nothing.

I suggest, we exist (and have always existed) necessarily. To observe. We're explorers.
*sigh* As I said early on in post 13

TO EVERYONE: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED HUMANS DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING.
Thank You

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yup. We're here because of the circumstances behind our evolution. Had things been different, whatever lifeform, if there was one at all, would have been different. Why is this unknown to you?
Because there are reasons, causes, behind every evolutionary step that led to Homo sapiens. It is not an utterly random event.
In any case, please note:

TO EVERYONE: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED HUMANS DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING.
Thank You

Last edited:

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Because there are reasons, causes, behind every evolutionary step that led to Homo sapiens. It is not an utterly random event.
In any case, please note:

Thank You

No, no there aren't. You are pretending that there was a plan, that humans were intended from the start. You are wrong.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

Thank You

Apologies.

John 1:18

God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- he did declare.

From our viewpoint, we were created, or "begotten".

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Thank You
Maybe you should PM 1robin for pointers on how to make rules that are more suitable for your purposes.
Tom

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Maybe you should PM 1robin for pointers on how to make rules that are more suitable for your purposes.
Tom

Seriously. It's an open thread, anyone can respond who wants to. But if he doesn't want to respond to people who don't believe God created humans, why does he keep doing it?