• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are We Here?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Think about this. If you follow my posts, that is.

How can I answer your question when I god does not exist? The best I can get out of the OP is "why are we created?"

I never asked the question. I never felt anyone created me on a "godly" level. So, why ask Why? and why god?
I figured that anyone who didn't think god created humans would simply skip the thread. Obviously I was wrong, which led me to post the following in post 13.

TO EVERYONE: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED HUMANS DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING.
Thank You
when we go on a holiday, do we ask why are we here ?.
Boy, I hope not. But just because you know why your action resulted in being somewhere doesn't mean you necessarily know why the action of someone else put something somewhere. Which is why I don't expect anyone really know why god supposedly did what he did unless he told them, but after coming across a couple of websites that claim they do know why god created humans, I was curious as to what people here might come up with.

.​

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why did god create humans?

cartoon-god-larson-e1354290552831.jpeg

the body is a learning device
we are here to learn all that we can.....before we die

unique soul forms on each occasion

Skwim

Veteran Member
The universe and sentient life were created to conduct a personality experiment. God wanted to become more. He wanted to experience many unique personalities. He could not do this by staying as He was which was all knowing God. So, He created a Son, they both created another being, Spirit. Then God created a universe and fragmented His form to give life to the life forms in that universe.
Got any evidence for these rather odd claims?

Skwim

Veteran Member
the body is a learning device
we are here to learn all that we can.....before we die unique soul forms on each occasion
So why did god bother to create these human learning devices in the first place?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
The illusion of time (of free will), allows us lives and experiences of endless variety, in a space that is not only multi-dimensional, but expanding in the eye, and wholly unexplored.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So why did god bother to create these human learning devices in the first place?

many believe God can be in more than one place at one time
that would be a Reflection.....and an Echo

the only way to form a unique spirit....
make a shell
breath life into it
turn it loose on the earth

Skwim

Veteran Member
The illusion of time (of free will), allows us lives and experiences of endless variety, in a space that is not only multi-dimensional, but expanding in the eye, and wholly unexplored.
Nice, I guess, but why did god create humans?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Short answer without citations.
The first creation story in Genesis says that God created humans to have dominion over all living creatures. The second, and much earlier, creation story says that God created man to be the servant of the earth.

To date we have failed the second reason badly.
Perhaps that's why there is a Satan. Some entity to blame for human failings.

arthra

Baha'i
Why did God create humans?

We are on this plane of existence to reflect the attributes of God.

Among Baha'is is a daily prayer:

"I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee.
I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth.
There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting."

Short Obligatory Prayer

Skwim

Veteran Member
Short answer without citations.
The first creation story in Genesis says that God created humans to have dominion over all living creatures.
So god creates living creatures and figures he needs something (humans) to have dominion over them. Makes one wonder why these other living creatures need to be "dominioned" over in the first place, particularly when it was impossible to do---god never was able to make it happen.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The question of why we are here has never been part of my thinking, it makes no sense to me, the same with the experience of being bored, I have never experienced it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
to reflect on and to reflect God's glory
to showcase God's glory and mercy
to enjoy God forever
Pretty much an egoist then, this Christian god. "Praise me, revere me, honor me, extol me, exalt me, hail me, bow down and adulate me. I need to be liked." Hardly admirable an quality, but yeah, I can buy that. :thumbsup:

Skwim

Veteran Member
We are on this plane of existence to reflect the attributes of God.

Among Baha'is is a daily prayer:

"I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee.
I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth.
There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting."
So, what's in it for god to have humans reflect on his attributes?