• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are Genocides Associated with Evolutionists and Atheists? Coincidence?

Justatruthseeker

By being a bad one? Now if you do not think his claims to faith are genuine say so. However your point is close to no True Scotsman.

Do you think ISIS members are faking being Muslim or do they have a radical view which endorses and justifies their violence?

They have a view completely at odds with the faith they claim to follow..... Jihad is referred only in connection to those attacking the religion..... not because they are of another religion.... or sinners, or atheists....

Shad

Veteran Member
They have a view completely at odds with the faith they claim to follow..... Jihad is referred only in connection to those attacking the religion..... not because they are of another religion....

You are injecting your view. If one holds their version is the true sect thus true version of Islam then other sects by definition are false and heretics.

Justatruthseeker

You are injecting your view. If one holds their version is the true sect thus true version of Islam then other sects by definition are false and heretics.
No, I am injecting the actual words from their own Holy book and prophet they claim to follow..... One can only hold their version as true by throwing away their own holy book and prophet they claim to be following.....

Except the other sects are not ignoring what their holy book and prophet told them......

Perhaps reading the Quran itself would help clear up this inconsistency and not simply following the words someone tells them is true..... Which is why the Bible tells one to search diligently, so one might not be led astray by fine sounding words.....

Anything taken out of context sounds good. Why I heard 100% of all criminals drink milk at an early age.....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If the Atheist admitted to God then he wouldn't be an Atheist.

But I can see how some might try to compartmentalize a wolf in sheep's clothing starting a witch hunt or crusades as actually being a believer in what the Bible teaches.... They need to compartmentalize their beliefs.....
But that person would not be "real atheist" just as you claim some not to be a "real Christian". You are making the error of assuming that you have the only correct version of Christianity and Christians that do not agree with you are not "real Christians". By that same standard I could claim any atheist is not "real atheist" since he does not go by my standards of what an atheist is.

You used a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Shad

Veteran Member
No, I am injecting the actual words from their own Holy book and prophet they claim to follow..... One can only hold their version as true by throwing away their own holy book and prophet they claim to be following.....

Nope as you cited nothing at all.

Except the other sects are not ignoring what their holy book and prophet told them......

Based on your projection only.

Perhaps reading the Quran itself would help clear up this inconsistency and not simply following the words someone tells them is true..... Which is why the Bible tells one to search diligently, so one might not be led astray by fine sounding words.....

I read it. A lot of ISIS violence is justified by the Quran.

Anything taken out of context sounds good. Why I heard 100% of all criminals drink milk at an early age.....

What was taken out of context and how? You are just making assertions.

Justatruthseeker

But that person would not be "real atheist" just as you claim some not to be a "real Christian". You are making the error of assuming that you have the only correct version of Christianity and Christians that do not agree with you are not "real Christians". By that same standard I could claim any atheist is not "real atheist" since he does not go by my standards of what an atheist is.

You used a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Like you are assuming only your version of what an atheist is is true?

Yes you could and probably should....... It would in the end give atheists a better name if some claiming to be atheists were thrown out of the faith.....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The books are vaguely written and believers regularly ignore many parts of their books, they will give an excuse why they do so, but they still ignore those parts. By your standards I could say that none of the evil people mentioned were atheists. They don't fit my picture of what an atheist is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Like you are assuming only your version of what an atheist is is true?

Yes you could and probably should....... It would in the end give atheists a better name if some claiming to be atheists were thrown out of the faith.....
I am not doing that. I am saying that if I followed YOUR standards I could do that. Do you understand what a hypothetical is?

Justatruthseeker

Nope as you cited nothing at all.

Based on your projection only.

I read it. A lot of ISIS violence is justified by the Quran.

What was taken out of context and how? You are just making assertions.

Read it, Right now you are making more assumptions than I am since I have actually read the Quran......

Don't ask what you refuse to do for yourself..... If you doubt then the only way to find out the actual answer is to read it for yourself..... But you won't do that and will instead keep your own assumptions, however incorrect they may be.....

Justatruthseeker

I am not doing that. I am saying that if I followed YOUR standards I could do that. Do you understand what a hypothetical is?

I know your not. And I said if you did then perhaps Atheists would have a better reputation by getting those out that should never be in the Religion to begin with.

Shad

Veteran Member
Read it, Right now you are making more assumptions than I am since I have actually read the Quran......

Why do I need to read it again? It was your claim that Assad or ISIS like people got it wrong. Your burden of proof.

Don't ask what you refuse to do for yourself.....

Your burden of proof not mine.

If you doubt then the only way to find out the actual answer is to read it for yourself..... But you won't do that and will instead keep your own assumptions, however incorrect they may be.....

Justatruthseeker

Why do I need to read it again? It was your claim that Assad or ISIS like people got it wrong. Your burden of proof.

Jihad: A Misunderstood Concept from Islam - What Jihad is, and is not

"If military jihad is required to protect the faith against others,...... but there are strict rules of engagement. Innocents - such as women, children, or invalids - must never be harmed, and any peaceful overtures from the enemy must be accepted."

"Jihad is not a declaration of war against other religions. It is worth noting that the Koran specifically refers to Jews and Christians as "people of the book" who should be protected and respected. All three faiths worship the same God. Allah is just the Arabic word for God, and is used by Christian Arabs as well as Muslims."

Like I said, if you actually read it, you didn't understand it.....

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Here is a partial list of Evolutionists and/or Atheist dictators behind some of the most brutal regimes in the past few centuries - in their own words:
This entire screed is a huge fail, for a lot of reasons.

First, let us note that virtually everyone you cited was speaking from the viewpoint of one ideology or another, or in the case of Jeffrey Dahmer, from the viewpoint of very real mental illness. Ideologies are defined as a system of ideas and ideals, especially ones which form the basis of economic or political theory and policy. That is to say, ideologies are action-oriented.

Now, neither atheism nor evolutionism is an ideology in any sense of the word, since neither implies any action to be taken. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods. Not believing in gods does not imply any action whatever. There is no requirement to "avoid prayer," nor to kill believers nor even to tell believers that they're wrong. And evolution is simply a scientific theory, one of the most tested known to man, which does not imply any specific action to be taken. "Because I'm a Darwinist, I have to do...." what, exactly?

So for example, you point out that Margaret Sanger was a Darwinist -- but she was also a eugenicist. That is, she believed in evolution, but she had an ideology that said "we can use evolution to make people better." No mere evolutionist believes anything of the kind. You have to add an ideology for that.

"Any ideology can morph into a super-concentrated form of tribal hate." (Clay Farris Naff, the Humanist Magazine). But since neither atheism or acceptance of the theory of evolution is an ideology, they are not the source of the problem. So you have taken a whole lot of disparate ideologies, that have led to a whole lot of misery, and by ignoring those ideologies and concentrating only on the beliefs you despise, have laid blame totally falsely--that the communist who happens to be an atheist is motivated by atheism (a lack of belief), not communism (an ideology) and the eugenicist who happens to believe in evolution is motivated by evolution (a science), not eugenicism (an ideology).

As I said, a colossal fail.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Jihad: A Misunderstood Concept from Islam - What Jihad is, and is not

"If military jihad is required to protect the faith against others,...... but there are strict rules of engagement. Innocents - such as women, children, or invalids - must never be harmed, and any peaceful overtures from the enemy must be accepted."

"Jihad is not a declaration of war against other religions. It is worth noting that the Koran specifically refers to Jews and Christians as "people of the book" who should be protected and respected. All three faiths worship the same God. Allah is just the Arabic word for God, and is used by Christian Arabs as well as Muslims."

Unfortunately he is not the only one who misunderstands the qur'an, many muslims do to

Shad

Veteran Member

Which ignores the use of Jihad during the expansion of the Muslim Empire which invaded nations that never threatened Muslims. Try again.

Neither Iberia nor India attacks Muslims. Yet both were conquered in sanctioned Jihad wars.

No it a declaration of war for Islam to conquer nations as per Iberia and India.

One apologist source which ignores history means nothings. History vs apologetic. History wins. Try again.