• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are Genocides Associated with Evolutionists and Atheists? Coincidence?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sanger, Nietzsche, Jones and Dahmer have nothing to do with genocide.

The Croatian Ustaše and Francoist Spain were not atheists by any stretch, and both took part in genocide. The Ustaše had concentration camps run by Franciscan monks. The Romanian Iron Guard were another genocidal Christian group. Then there's the Imperial Japanese and they were fervently religious.

ecco

Veteran Member
You made an assertion that Assad behaved badly because he was an atheist. Every time I asked you to support that ridiculous assertion, you haven't been able to.

Like many theologically driven people, you make outrageous comments and then, when asked to support them, you hem and haw, tap dance, duck, dodge, and weasel.

Islam forbids murder... so I doubt Assad is an observant Muslim.

What a ridiculous, ignorant comment. Sunnis and Shiites have been killing each other since days after Muhammed died. The majority of Muslim deaths in Iraq following our "invasion" was Sunnis and Shiites killing each other.

I know you need to try to conflate bad guys and atheists, but if you just ignore facts and history, you are just making yourself look bad.

For the past 3-4 years Iran has been settling Shia from Iran and Lebanon in Syria. The objective is to get rid of the Sunnis and have a Shia corridor all the way to Sidon.

Shia-Corridor.jpg
None of which addresses your assertion that Assad behaved badly because he was an atheist. I'm looking forward to you trying to twist some more facts to lend credence to your assertion.

sooda

Veteran Member
What a ridiculous, ignorant comment. Sunnis and Shiites have been killing each other since days after Muhammed died. The majority of Muslim deaths in Iraq following our "invasion" was Sunnis and Shiites killing each other.

I know you need to try to conflate bad guys and atheists, but if you just ignore facts and history, you are just making yourself look bad.

None of which addresses your assertion that Assad behaved badly because he was an atheist. I'm looking forward to you trying to twist some more facts to lend credence to your assertion.

Don't be absurd.. Assad and his father before him can't govern.. They were never committed to the Syrian people.

I have no idea whether Bashar is an atheist or not, but it's hard to imagine a pious leader could slaughter so many without a backward glance... or drive 6 million into exile. Do you get that Syrian kids haven't had immunizations or gone to school since 2011? Polio has come back.

So you lose a generation to illiteracy and disease to get rid of Sunni Syrians????

Sunni and Shia don't kill each other in most countries. They live and work side by side.

ecco

Veteran Member
I have no idea whether Bashar is an atheist or not...
Then why did you originally imply he was? Yes, that's a rhetorical question. We both know why.

but it's hard to imagine a pious leader could slaughter so many without a backward glance
The Pious Leaders of the European Witch Hunts killed tens of thousands of witches.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpts from...
The Spanish Inquisition

Torquemada

In 1483, Queen Isabella's personal confessor, the Dominican priest Tomas de Torquemada, was appointed head of the Inquisition. Of converso origin, Torquemada was a fanatic Jew-hater who was wholly incorruptible. Unlike other monks, he kept his vows of poverty, never eating meat, not wearing linen near his body, or sleeping on anything softer than a board. It was precisely his complete zeal to the cause of Christianity that made Torquemada such an implacable foe. He personally turned the Inquisition into the terrifying institution it would become.
In 1486, ...Torquemada needed to create a sensation in order to poison the atmosphere, stir public wrath against the Jews, and force their expulsion. In 1490, the Inquisition fabricated the tale of the Holy Child of La Guardia. Several Jews and conversos were accused of kidnapping a seven-year-old boy in the town of La Guardia and taking him to a cave, cutting out the child's heart, and using it in magical rites designed to overthrow Christian Spain and turn it into a Jewish country....Torquemada wasted no time in sending reports of the episode all over Spain, whipping the populace into an even greater anti-Jewish frenzy.
The myth of the Holy Child of La Guardia entered the history of Spain, where it helped keep anti-Semitism alive for centuries.

Under his administration, the Inquisition amassed enormous assets confiscated from its victims, much of it used to finance the war to conquer the last Muslim stronghold of Granada.
Your ignorance of history is astonishing.

sooda

Veteran Member
Then why did you originally imply he was? Yes, that's a rhetorical question. We both know why.

The Pious Leaders of the European Witch Hunts killed tens of thousands of witches.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpts from...
The Spanish Inquisition

Torquemada

In 1483, Queen Isabella's personal confessor, the Dominican priest Tomas de Torquemada, was appointed head of the Inquisition. Of converso origin, Torquemada was a fanatic Jew-hater who was wholly incorruptible. Unlike other monks, he kept his vows of poverty, never eating meat, not wearing linen near his body, or sleeping on anything softer than a board. It was precisely his complete zeal to the cause of Christianity that made Torquemada such an implacable foe. He personally turned the Inquisition into the terrifying institution it would become.
In 1486, ...Torquemada needed to create a sensation in order to poison the atmosphere, stir public wrath against the Jews, and force their expulsion. In 1490, the Inquisition fabricated the tale of the Holy Child of La Guardia. Several Jews and conversos were accused of kidnapping a seven-year-old boy in the town of La Guardia and taking him to a cave, cutting out the child's heart, and using it in magical rites designed to overthrow Christian Spain and turn it into a Jewish country....Torquemada wasted no time in sending reports of the episode all over Spain, whipping the populace into an even greater anti-Jewish frenzy.
The myth of the Holy Child of La Guardia entered the history of Spain, where it helped keep anti-Semitism alive for centuries.

Under his administration, the Inquisition amassed enormous assets confiscated from its victims, much of it used to finance the war to conquer the last Muslim stronghold of Granada.
Your ignorance of history is astonishing.

The Assad regime has been brutal since the early 1970s.. and IMO the leadership has no sense of their obligation to the future well being and prosperity of the Syrian people. They are treacherous to put it plainly.

We aren't talking about Spain or European history now.. We are talking about Syria.

You won't like this website but its comprehensive and accurate.. and you are a smart person.

The bitter legacy of Syria's Hafez al-Assad/ June 2000

The bitter legacy of Syria's Hafez al-Assad

I was VERY hopeful when Bashar Assad became president of Syria, but he is just as criminal as his father.

ecco

Veteran Member
Sunni and Shia don't kill each other in most countries. They live and work side by side.

While Saddam Hussein was in charge In Iraq, Sunnis and Shiites observed comparatively peaceful relations because Saddam killed trouble makers on either side. During this time, Sunnis and Shiites lived in relatively close proximity, worked somewhat together and even married. As soon as Hussein was deposed they began killing each other.

Prior to that European Protestants and Catholics killed each other for hundreds of years.

Once again you show an ignorance of history that is astonishing.

sooda

Veteran Member
While Saddam Hussein was in charge In Iraq, Sunnis and Shiites observed comparatively peaceful relations because Saddam killed trouble makers on either side. During this time, Sunnis and Shiites lived in relatively close proximity, worked somewhat together and even married. As soon as Hussein was deposed they began killing each other.

Prior to that European Protestants and Catholics killed each other for hundreds of years.

Once again you show an ignorance of history that is astonishing.

That's true but Syria is NOT Iraq.. I was strongly opposed to the invasion of Iraq and resigned the Republican party after 35 years because of it. Anyone with any experience in the ME knew it was going to be a hellacious disaster. I would have been thrilled if Assad had instituted the reforms he had promised, but once he started shooting schoolboys civil war was inevitable. Now Syria is in ruins, six million are in exile and NOTHING is changed.

Shad

Veteran Member
Assad behaved badly because he was an atheist. I'm looking forward to you trying to twist some more facts to lend credence to your assertion.

Toss in that Assad is an Alawite Muslim makes it hard for him to be an atheist.

ecco

Veteran Member
The Assad regime has been brutal since the early 1970s.. and IMO the leadership has no sense of their obligation to the future well being and prosperity of the Syrian people. They are treacherous to put it plainly.

We aren't talking about Spain or European history now.. We are talking about Syria.

That's true, then you got off track by asserting...
but it's hard to imagine a pious leader could slaughter so many without a backward glance
Therefore I gave just a couple of examples of pious leaders who had no problems slaughtering many people.
You won't like this website but its comprehensive and accurate.. and you are a smart person.

The bitter legacy of Syria's Hafez al-Assad/ June 2000

The bitter legacy of Syria's Hafez al-Assad

I was VERY hopeful when Bashar Assad became president of Syria, but he is just as criminal as his father.
So, you are no longer promoting your idea that Assad is an atheist. Good.

There is nothing in the article to support your allegation that Assad is not a pious man.

sooda

Veteran Member
That's true, then you got off track by asserting...
Therefore I gave just a couple of examples of pious leaders who had no problems slaughtering many people.

So, you are no longer promoting your idea that Assad is an atheist. Good.

There is nothing in the article to support your allegation that Assad is not a pious man.

I don't care whether he's an atheist or not.. Weak regimes are always brutal. Syria was in a downward spiral from 2005-2011 when the war broke out and Assad did NOTHING to avert it.

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't care whether he's an atheist or not
So you posted that evil Assad was an atheist because you were trying to make the point that religious people cannot be evil and that all evil is caused by atheists. Is that right?

sooda

Veteran Member
Its certainly religious in Syria.

The regime of Iran-backed Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad has engaged in a systematic campaign of ethnically cleansing Sunnis from the capital of Damascus, in order to strengthen Assad’s hold on his strife-torn country and realize Iran’s ambition of creating a Shiite crescent in the Middle East, an analysis published Thursday by the Washington Institute for Near East Policy asserted.

Hanin Ghaddar, a fellow of the institute and a veteran Lebanese journalist, observed that Assad’s forces captured the largely Sunni suburb of Daraya in August after convincing 8,000 residents to leave. The remaining residents surrendered following intense bombardment and denial of access to food and medical needs. Ghaddar called the regime’s tactics “starve or surrender,” and noted that following the surrender of Daraya, the regime targeted two more Sunni areas with threats of “total war” if they did not surrender. Now, she wrote, “Assad seems to be moving from ‘starve or surrender’ to ‘war or surrender’ tactics in order to eliminate any Sunni presence around Damascus as soon as possible.”

Ghaddar predicted that this campaign will continue, with Sunnis living in other areas around Damascus being forced out as well. They may be replaced by Shiites in an effort to change the religious balance of the area: Arab media have reported this week that some 300 Shiite families from Iraq have been resettled in the emptied Damascus suburbs and given $2,000 each, Ghaddar wrote. The transfer was allegedly supervised by one of the Iraqi Shiite militias that works closely with Iran.

Bashar al-Assad’s father and predecessor Hafez did something similar during his rule, moving Alawites — the sect to which the Assads belong — into Damascus and the surrounding areas as a means of solidifying his rule. “Bashar,” Ghaddar noted, “now appears to be escalating his father’s strategy into the realm of ethnic cleansing.”

continued

Expert: Assad, Helped by Iran, Ethnically Cleansing Damascus Area of Sunnis - The Tower

Hitler claimed he was a Christian, John Garang called himself a Christian Marxist and Assad slaughters families with thousands of Barrel bombs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How can you be an Alawite Muslim and condone drug smuggling and kidnapping for ransom?
You should know by observing some of the debates here that the religious can very easily compartmentalize their beliefs. That what a person does violates some of the precepts of his or her religion does not mean that person is not a follower.

I could make the same argument that a person doing such acts was not an atheist. You should see that you just made a classic No True Scotsman fallacy.

sooda

Veteran Member
You should know by observing some of the debates here that the religious can very easily compartmentalize their beliefs. That what a person does violates some of the precepts of his or her religion does not mean that person is not a follower.

I could make the same argument that a person doing such acts was not an atheist. You should see that you just made a classic No True Scotsman fallacy.

Yes.. I think you're right. I guess religion can be used to justify whatever a person r government wants.

sooda

Veteran Member
Simply stating quotes are taken "out of context" without DEMONSTRATING that they were "out of context" is easy but also unfair.

These people SAID they were evolutionists and/or atheists, and murdered millions along with their minions.

1) Please DEMONSTRATE how it was taken out of context.

2) If you believe it was just an unfortunate coincidence that they stated they were evolutionists and/or atheists, please state you believe it is all a coincidence. Coincidences do happen, right?

Thank you.
Lots and lots of genocide in the Bible.

Justatruthseeker

If you think atheism is bad, I have it on good authority that 100% of pedophiles, arsonists, armed robbers and jaywalkers have a history of early milk use.
Bottled, powdered, canned or natural?

Without necessary additional details improper inference could be drawn..... that it was simply because they all drank milk as babies.....

Justatruthseeker

If the Atheist admitted to God then he wouldn't be an Atheist.

But I can see how some might try to compartmentalize a wolf in sheep's clothing starting a witch hunt or crusades as actually being a believer in what the Bible teaches.... They need to compartmentalize their beliefs.....

Justatruthseeker

How can you be an Alawite Muslim and condone drug smuggling and kidnapping for ransom?
That's why a person is not what he confesses with his mouth..... People lie because it gets them power usually and then they lead those under them astray..... Why we are warned against wolves in sheep's clothing. Outwardly it looks like a sheep and may even bleat like one, but it's actions in devouring the sheep give away it's disguise.....

Shad

Veteran Member

By being a bad one? Now if you do not think his claims to faith are genuine say so. However your point is close to no True Scotsman.

Do you think ISIS members are faking being Muslim or do they have a radical view which endorses and justifies their violence? Assad could be BS'ing or he could have distorted his religion just like ISIS did.