• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Supremacy and Christianity

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's not the South, but it's still heavy on the Jesus and pork, and to my knowledge Kokomo still holds the record for hosting the largest Klan rally ever held. Quiet a few Northern/North-Central towns even have a reputation as sunset towns.
Study identifies Kokomo as home of KKK 'hate group'

But something interesting that I didn't know:
Indianastan's Klan flavor is more of the Michiganistan's Klan flavor.
Not the deep south variety.
It appears to have ebbed here....how about where you are?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Have you not noticed the slow change over the centuries?
Even the Democrats nowk denounce slavery & even Jim Crow.
As I have said before, Christianity doesn't mean anything in particular. It's just whatever a self described Christian happens to believe.

But it is nice to notice that Christians are dumping Scriptural Morality in favor of Humanism, en masse. Now we just need to get Muslims to do that as well.
Tom

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
And yet so many Christians would say the same about you. Christians disagree on so much more than they agree on, and one of the few things they agree on is that "my" interpretation and understanding of the Bible is "the correct" version, and everybody else is wrong.

Hate is always in the wrong. Even when you do it. Despite what you think.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That's the only way I have to tell the difference between Christians and everybody else. Christians describe themselves as Christians, non-Christians do not.

It isn't like there's some objective standard or anything. Your personal opinion about which Christians are True Christians and which are not isn't particularly objective.
Tom

It's easy, if they are murdering people, or discriminating they are doing it wrong. :D

I know morally bankrupt people can't tell the difference. But hey nobody is perfect.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
You seriously think that the KKK and Adolf Hitler represent Judeo-Christian values? Is there any reason you want to pick the worst examples of people to represent one of the largest groups on the planet (Christians)? Also, the Israeli PM does not represent world Jewry and never has.

Examples. I'd rather not play into propagated bias, and exclude 'the worst', without reason.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Examples. I'd rather not play into propagated bias, and exclude 'the worst', without reason.
So if I picked Daesh and the Taliban as representative of worldwide Islam, that's fair game? I mean sure, they're part of the Islamic patchwork, but to call them representative is a bit of a stretch.

Sleeppy

1. Wrong. Abolitionism in the United States - Wikipedia

2. Apartheid - Wikipedia was white supremacy, but not based on Christian beliefs.

3. Bigotry is never acceptable. But plenty of people are guilty of that, religious and non-religious.

4. Same as 3.

5. Same as 3.

Looks to me like your just making stuff up.

Making stuff up. Let's find out:

1) Does the Bible Condone Slavery? | My Jewish Learning

Ephesians 6:5

2) Numbers 31

3) Malachi 1

4) Judaism, including its priesthood, revolves around prophecies concerning 12 tribes, and Aaron. Most if not all prophets, including Jesus, expressed nationalist and tribal beliefs.

5) Be honest.

Sleeppy

So if I picked Daesh and the Taliban as representative of worldwide Islam, that's fair game? I mean sure, they're part of the Islamic patchwork, but to call them representative is a bit of a stretch.

Notice, I said they represent "certain Judeo-Christian values"; I did not say all.

Yes; those groups are representative of certain Judeo-Islamic values.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Notice, I said they represent "certain Judeo-Christian values"; I did not say all.

Yes; those groups are representative of certain Judeo-Islamic values.
I'm concerned then that, if you decry these values, why you describe yourself as a Christian? I am not going to argue with you that the Tanach has laws regarding slavery, reports wars that may be ethnic cleansing such as wiping out certain of those in ancient Canaan and can be tribalistic. If you are opposed to these things, then are you just a heretical Christian? Especially considering Paul's letter to Philemon regarding Onesimus?

Sleeppy

I'm concerned then that, if you decry these values, why you describe yourself as a Christian? I am not going to argue with you that the Tanach has laws regarding slavery, reports wars that may be ethnic cleansing such as wiping out certain of those in ancient Canaan and can be tribalistic. If you are opposed to these things, then are you just a heretical Christian? Especially considering Paul's letter to Philemon regarding Onesimus?

Sure. Certainly heretical.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Making stuff up. Let's find out:

1) Does the Bible Condone Slavery? | My Jewish Learning

Ephesians 6:5

2) Numbers 31

3) Malachi 1

4) Judaism, including its priesthood, revolves around prophecies concerning 12 tribes, and Aaron. Most if not all prophets, including Jesus, expressed nationalist and tribal beliefs.

5) Be honest.

1. That is for Jewish people at a certain time of history. It doesn't apply today.

Christians started the abolitionist movement in the U.S. because they believed slavery is wrong.

2. See #1.

3. See #1.

4. Your reaching here to say the least and grossly misunderstand nationalism and tribalism.

5. I am, which is why I am able to point out your deception.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That does not demonstrate why it is wrong.

Really? Murder and discrimination are not automatically wrong in your book? It shouldn't have to be pointed out. Any moral person knows this already without having to state it is wrong.

Enoch07

Premium Member
No. I need reasons. Surely, any system that claims to be moral is unsuitable for moral foundations when "just because" is all it offers.

If murder being wrong is not apart of your moral foundation to begin with. Who are you to judge?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who are you to judge?
Someone who has thought things out, evaluated positions and data, considered different viewpoints, and reached a conclusion that murder for many reasons, "just because" not being one of them.
Someone who can provide an argument for why murder is bad rather than only being able to state "it just is." That's not a debate, it's a position of intellectual laziness.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Someone who has thought things out, evaluated positions and data, considered different viewpoints, and reached a conclusion that murder for many reasons, "just because" not being one of them.
Someone who can provide an argument for why murder is bad rather than only being able to state "it just is." That's not a debate, it's a position of intellectual laziness.

That's asinine. Murder is not up for debate.